5 things I'm most grateful for on a day like today
Yes the stock market put in its worst day since the credit crisis three years ago. Yes, margin calls are going up like white flags worldwide and roughly 1800 companies hit new lows according to Stockcharts.
And yet I can think of 5 things that I'm incredibly grateful for even on a day like this....
5. The opportunity to buy companies that I missed out on when the market rebounded off its 2009 lows
4. The Motley Fool for giving me a forum with which to share my ideas and the ability to share those ideas through the glory that is the internet.
3. The readers of my articles and ideas. Without readers these articles would fall on deaf ears and blind eyes.
2. My friends and family for supporting me through what has been a brutally difficult year in 2010.
1. Having had 30 wonderful years with my mother who passed away exactly one-year ago today. I thank her daily for everything she did for me.
Putting this into perspective, today's market madness really wasn't madness after all - it's just another day and there will be plenty more days to come just like it as long as I'm alive. Did I lose money today? You bet...same as nearly everyone else. But today is a good day all things aside. As my dad says...."life is good."
So tomorrow when the market opens.... relax and breathe a bit. Close your eyes if you have to. The market will still be there when you decide to open your eyes again.