6 TOP STOCKS that Deserve a Better CAPS SCORE.
TOP STOCKS that Deserve a Better CAPS SCORE:
6) WHR) 2 Stars They have outperformed earnings estimates all year long this year and get only 2 stars out of 5 to show for it? Are caps players forgetting about Cash for Appliances to appear sometime in Spring 2010? Or the Obama outcry for Cash Incentives to those who have more fuel efficient homes?
5) F) FORD 2 stars...... Even after crushing earnings estimates in back to back quarters + dramatically lowering their debt and thus their interest payments while pushing out their debt repayment obstacle to 2013.... Introduction of FORD Fiesta, ECOBOOST engine, FORD SYNCH, and FORD QUICK LANE generate not a single star improvement in this stock to date?
4) COT) 1 Star How in the heck is it that the TOP PERFORMING Non-Alcoholic Beverage Stock of 2009......gets.........just........1.......*&^%.....star....rating? Not a single star improvement despite smashing earnings estimates this year as it went from a loss making business to a profit making growh engine? The Bottling Companys as a whole have been crushing earnings estimates and this Stock is one of the biggest bottlers in the World.....
3) SKX) 3 Stars This stock got recently LOWERED from 4 stars to 3 stars...... despite share price continuing to trade to new 52-week highs.... They have a much bigger business with new products in 2010....Sunglasses will be manufactured and sold by Skechers in 2010 through their partnership they announced earlier this year. A stock like this that crushed earnings estimates at a time nearly everyone except VARCHILD2008 wrote them off as a FAD??? A FAD no more.... Women love their Skechers!
2) AMZN) If I told you this 2 STAR stock never had a single STAR upgrade this year....despite becoming one of THE BEST performing stocks in the entire stock market and furthermore having reached a share price the stock never touched in its entire history of trading......despite all that.... not 1 star upgrade at any point this year? Not even the news about ONLINE sales trumping RETAIL sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend ever pushed the STAR number higher?
1) GOOG) 3 Stars.... Here is a stock Varchild2008 boasted would touch $500 before the end of this year to much disdain from the CAPS community just after the stock crossed the $400 barrier months ago. Now look? It sits ready to cross the $600 barrier..... And yet it does not look even remotely close to crossing into the 4 STAR CAPS Barrier?
Yes folks.... 5 great stocks..... All with abyssmal star ratings that do not reflect the performance these company's have experienced this year..... Will Motley Fool Caps players wake up to these company's and give them an upgrade in 2010? Or will they continue to be Contrarians?