Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.37)

9.09.....Soon it will be TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recs

17

July 10, 2009 – Comments (23)

MOAP....War, Pandemic, Economic Collapse????  The Mother Of All Projections......

BETHESDA, Md. — The Obama administration warned Americans on Thursday to be ready for an aggressive return of the swine flu virus in the fall, announcing plans to begin vaccinations in October and offering states and hospitals money to help them prepare.

“The potential for a significant outbreak in the fall is looming,” President Obama said by telephone link from Italy to the White House’s H1N1 Influenza Preparedness Summit, held at the National Institutes of Health.

With good planning, “we may end up averting a crisis,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s our fervent hope.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/health/10flu.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

We May????  Fervent Hope?????????

How confident does that sound to you???????   Would would happen to our economy if we experience an AGGRESSIVE RETURN of H1N1 leading to a SIGNIFICANT OUTBREAK?????

Alstrydomous has spoken.......do you think President Obama is Jokin??????????

Please notice........even the government is helping hospitals to PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On July 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM, ReadEmAnWeep (36.40) wrote:

Man, Alstry is full of himself...

Report this comment
#2) On July 10, 2009 at 4:25 PM, alstry (36.37) wrote:

If you are just realizing this now, it helps explain why you score is so low;)

Report this comment
#3) On July 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Evlampius (< 20) wrote:

every recession ends up in a war.  We're already been into economic collapse, there are no zobies walking the streets...

Pigs are in danger of getting the flu from humans - why don't you go tell pigs to prepare rather...

I don't understand what exactly is your point. Not that I am trying to either. People who speak of themselves in third person, having dillusions and have many personallities are called schizophrenics and are held in menthal institutions and thats where you should be...but hey its a free country(for now) with freedom of speech(for now) so whatever you say...

Report this comment
#4) On July 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM, alstry (36.37) wrote:

Evl,

Because you haven't left the matrix yet that you still can't see.......be patient............................................

Please remember, it is not September.

Report this comment
#5) On July 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Varchild2008 (84.46) wrote:

The State of Michigan got Downgraded by FITCH.... a 20% unemployment projection was made by a State Congressman.

Report this comment
#6) On July 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM, ralphmachio (28.73) wrote:

Alstry, people aren't leaving the matrix yet!  You are early on this call, in my opinion.  At the rate things are going, the unveiling will not happen so soon.  

By the way, who does things according to numerologically significant dates?  Yeah, I'm going to continue to ask until you cover the subject.

Report this comment
#7) On July 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM, cthomas1017 (98.77) wrote:

Alstry, I've been curious about why 9.09? Have you covered this in some previous blog?  Why not 9.08 or 9.10 or some other date?  Why not 10.09?  (Which is the birthday of my ex, so if it's armegeddon and satan is going to return, I would put my money on that date. ;)

 CT! :)

Report this comment
#8) On July 10, 2009 at 6:23 PM, angusthermopylae (40.06) wrote:

By the way, who does things according to numerologically significant dates?  Yeah, I'm going to continue to ask until you cover the subject.

Mind if I take a crack, alstry?

September has always been a hazardous month in government.  It's the end of the fiscal year.  The new budget has to be passed (and isn't, a lot of times.)  Sentaors and Representatives are stuck with a final yes or no vote, which will haunt them come election time.

Departments and programs that have run out of money sometimes just shut down. Administration budget projections have been published, revised, criticised, and exorcised.  Everyone takes sides, and "something must be done."

Add to that, a lot of companies also use September as the end of their fiscal year.  Unless they pull the "December never happened" trick, they have to start telling the world how they did.

Psychologically, summer is over, winter is looming upon us, and people as a group are starting to take stock of how they can get through the cold weather.

A simple google news archive search shows that last September's headlines were horrific.  Ireland was going under, the economy was officially in a Recession (but no one knew until then, did they?  *wink*)  And, because the election was coming up, every politician was trying to get a piece of the action, face on camera, saying, "I have the answer."

9.09 really isn't that much of a stretch....even leaving numerology out of it.

Report this comment
#9) On July 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM, ralphmachio (28.73) wrote:

Angus, Thank you, I am well aware of the statistical probabilities of the first september of a new presidency, especially one who got elected on the promise of peace.

I actually am trying to pick Alstry's mind, and see if he will explain how all the significant terror events of the last decade can happen on significant numerological dates, and nobody will even take note of it.  Having such a low caps score, and really not having the motivation to do a thing about it makes me not the most credible source for information for caps players, and it is kinda funny, because the truth is protected by notion that the truth cannot be the truth.

 

Report this comment
#10) On July 10, 2009 at 6:51 PM, angusthermopylae (40.06) wrote:

ralphmachio,

I'm not big on CAPS scores...I was sub 20 not that long ago, and suddenly I'm in the 80s and holding.  No magic, no real change of strategy...just picking things that I find, learn about, and dump.

As for credibility, so what?  Lots of smart people couldn't talk finances for five minutes without sounding like a three year old...and lots of backwoods country types know a lot more about what's really happening with money and the masses; they live and die by it every day.

As for "all the significant terror events of the last decade"...not a clue.  One day is as good as another, to me.  There were approximately  1,460,000,000,000 of them before we arrived, (or maybe only 6 :-), and there will be untold days after we are gone.

People add the significance, because they can.

Hang in there...it's always good to ask the questions.

Report this comment
#11) On July 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM, prose976 (< 20) wrote:

Prognosticators are a funny bunch.  My mother-in-law is one of them, and she has all kinds of dates that are supposed to bring about great change. 

How about this?  On any given date, in the life of man (and women), something big is happening.  Something life-changing, catastrophic, terrific, overwhelming, min-blowing, confidence-shattering, et. al.  Today is 09.09 for many people around the globe. 

So, Alstry, your prognostications could be proven correct on any date, including today.  Because you won't nail down exactly what is supposed to happen on that date, and because you constantly reference the move Matrix, I believe you're getting the boost you need to keep you going day after day by posting all the dire predictions.  It's a real kick to have your blogs alway scrolling down the Fool's front page. 

Well, bully for you.  We all get our kicks one way or another.At least you're entertaining.  :)  We all need a jester, a court clown, a motley individual to keep things light.

Report this comment
#12) On July 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Nosignal100 (< 20) wrote:

Maybe the answer is as follows;

It is better to rise from life as from a banquet - neither thirsty nor drunken.  ~Aristotle

or

Papa Bear's bed was too hard, Mamma Bear's bed was too soft and Baby's Bears bed was just right

Report this comment
#13) On July 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Seano67 (25.03) wrote:

There were approximately  1,460,000,000,000 of them before we arrived, (or maybe only 6 :-), and there will be untold days after we are gone.

 

True. It absolutely threatens to blow my circuitry even thinking about it. Of the five cosmological decades, we are approximately halfway through the second one- the Stelliferous Era, in which the cosmos is still filled with heat and energy, with stars shining very brightly and lots and lots of star formation going on. Next up is the Degenerate Era, where the heat and energy slowly leach away, the stars fade and die, and everything in the cosmological order begins to fall apart. In 40-50 billion years, the Milky Way would be the only galxy we could see, because everything else would have moved too far away from us. Then there's the Black Hole Era, in which there's nothing left in the universe but black holes, some of which might live a quadrillion years, but eventually they will all disintegrate and fade away too. At that point in time, approximately one trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion years from now (give or take a day or three), the Dark Era will begin, the longest lasting cosmological era of them all. It's just incomprehensible and impossible for the human mind to conceive of such vast stretches of time, but even the age of the universe from Big Bang to the very end of the Dark Era, that doesn't even hold a candle to forever. Forever is forever, whereas this universe has a definite ending.  Talk about blow ya mind!

So, in the context of all that I'm not too worried about 9/09 or any of our day to day struggles on earth. It's just....nothing.

Report this comment
#14) On July 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM, angusthermopylae (40.06) wrote:

Then there's the Black Hole Era, in which there's nothing left in the universe but black holes, some of which might live a quadrillion years, but eventually they will all disintegrate and fade away too.

Seano67,

Wow, talking about harshing my mellow...

Report this comment
#15) On July 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Nosignal100 (< 20) wrote:

 

Aristotle indicates that the medium of tragedy is drama, not narrative; tragedy “shows” rather than “tells.” According to Aristotle, tragedy is higher and more philosophical than history because history simply relates what has happened while tragedy dramatizes what may happen, “what is possibile according to the law of probability or necessity.” History thus deals with the particular, and tragedy with the universal. Events that have happened may be due to accident or coincidence; they may be particular to a specific situation and not be part of a clear cause-and-effect chain. Therefore they have little relevance for others. Tragedy, however, is rooted in the fundamental order of the universe; it creates a cause-and-effect chain that clearly reveals what may happen at any time or place because that is the way the world operates. Tragedy therefore arouses not only pity but also fear, because the audience can envision themselves within this cause-and-effect chain

Thus the tragedy of 9/09 "may happen"

Report this comment
#16) On July 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM, angusthermopylae (40.06) wrote:

Comedy, on the other hand, is about surprise tragedy, breaking decorum, violating taboos...and all laughter is cruelty.

Think about every good joke you've ever heard.  The one common thread is that one person, or character, or even the listener, is made to look foolish (small "f") and humiliated.  Even old knock-knock jokes use the unexpectedness of the the punchline to "humiliate" the listener, since they weren't expecting the result...and they stop being funny when you know or figure out the punchline ahead of time.

So, tragedy, through drama, is the empathy of the audience in the plight of the character...and the empathy grows because you can see the logical, foreseeable, and (to the character) unavoidable progression of events.

Comedy is the same thing, except the character (and/or the audience) doesn't see it coming...and the audience laughs.  They laugh because they are surprised, too, or they laugh because the character was too foolish/stupid to see it coming.

...and that's the cruelty.

Thus the tragedy of 9/09 "may happen"

...and I'll probably be laughing...

Report this comment
#17) On July 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Dividends4ever (< 20) wrote:

Looks like the school year, next year will be a full 12 months long.

 

Yikes.

 

www.compdivplan.com 

Report this comment
#18) On July 10, 2009 at 10:12 PM, ChannelDunlap (< 20) wrote:

I ain't afraid of no pig flu.  Besides we could do for a little thinning of the herd.

Report this comment
#19) On July 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM, ralphmachio (28.73) wrote:

Hey sean, maybe so, but 1 second next to a hot burner with your finger feels like eternity...

Hey, Alstry, where you at?  Who does things on days of numerological significance?  

August, thanks again.   

Report this comment
#20) On July 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM, ozzfan1317 (78.52) wrote:

I gotta admit i am looking forward to 9.0.9 hope something exciting happens if not i'm sure Alstry will keep us enertained..;)

Report this comment
#21) On July 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM, ozzfan1317 (78.52) wrote:

I gotta admit i am looking forward to 9.0.9 hope something exciting happens if not i'm sure Alstry will keep us enertained..;)

Report this comment
#22) On July 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM, olddog51 (< 20) wrote:

So Alstry, 1st and 3rd person, I agree with alot of what you are saying .  So wouldn't FAZ be the best place to put your money right now?

 

Report this comment
#23) On July 15, 2009 at 5:17 PM, AdirondackFund (< 20) wrote:

The State of California was downgraded yesterday to Baa1 by S&P.  That not only sounds 'sheeple', it is sheeple. 

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement