Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

AbstractMotion (55.03)

Recs

1

Something to keep an eye on

August 16, 2010 – Comments (1) | RELATED TICKERS: CMCSA , FOX , DIS

Hulu, the video streaming service owned by NBC, ABC and Newscorp is apparently preparing an IPO.  For anyone who's been living under a very large rock the last few years, Hulu is large television content streaming service/aggregator that allows you watch new or recent episodes of television programming over the internet.  It recently began offering a pay service to stream older episodes and past seasons of television programs as well (currently invitation only).  While it's more of an experimental venture at the moment and it's profitability has not yet been proven, I consider it a very important development in the shift we're seeing of traditional broadcast media.  [more]

Recs

0

An interesting fixed income play

February 03, 2010 – Comments (0) | RELATED TICKERS: MRF

I recently picked up a few shares of MRF @ around 7.51/share, a nice little investment (so far at least).  MRF is a CEF which invests primarily in high yield securities from US companies and institutions with a bit of an interesting twist.  The fund is structured to require that at least 65% of it's holdings remain in investment grade securities (BBB credit rating or higher) and the other 35% is almost entirely held in high yield junk bonds or structured debt with up to 33% leverage.  It's an interesting mix of securities and leverage that nets a pretty nice yield without baking in too much risk.   [more]

Recs

0

If you spend it they will come

January 12, 2010 – Comments (0)

Nice little link, courtesy of MSNBC.

I guess next we'll hear about jobs being created with South Park style theoretical dollars made on the internet... 

Recs

3

Energy watchlist

December 08, 2009 – Comments (1) | RELATED TICKERS: UNG , CMI

Just a energy related stocks I'm watching right now and why.  [more]

Recs

3

It's not another stimulus bill if we don't call it one

November 17, 2009 – Comments (0)

Well they're at it again.  Apparently we're not recovering fast enough so the brainiacs on the hill have decided it's time to spend more money.  Deficit be damned.

 

Link 

 

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement