October 13, 2009
(Due to recent changes in the MFI website we will now be generating a list of top 30 MFI stocks)
Every two months we* generate a list of the top 30 stocks that have at least a $100 million market capitalization. We use Joel Greenblatt's MFI site at www.magicformulainvesting.com to generate the list.
Resulting tickers are copied into www.random.org/lists/ to randomly rank the companies from 1-30 and select the first 6 stocks.
If a stock already appears on TrackJGreenblatt CAPS page or is unavailable as a CAPS pick, the next stock on the list will be chosen.
The resulting selection of 6 stocks is entered into Joel Greenblatt's CAPS page.
Stocks will be held for one year then sold.
October 13, 2009 MFI top 30 Over 100mm mkt cap (List already randomized):
There were 30 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
1. ITWO - Purchase #1 (4 Star stock at purchase)
2. GNI- Purchase #2 (3 Star stock at purchase)
3. PRIM- Purchase #3 (4 Star stock at purchase)
4. PPD - already appears on TrackJGreenblatt
5. CEU - Purchase #4 (5 Star stock at purchase)
6. SOLR - already appears on TrackJGreenblatt
7. CBI - Purchase #5 (5 Star stock at purchase)
8. DLX - already appears on TrackJGreenblatt
9. ONTY - Purchase #6 (2 Star stock at purchase)
Timestamp: 2009-10-13 20:16:41 UTC
Please note that Icarra.com is no longer maintained and our real money portfolio tracking this CAPS page is unfortunately not updating.
*Profile is managed by member ZiggyDawg who is using a slightly modified selection criteria of Magic Formula in his IRA. His MFI buys can be seen on his personal CAPS page. ZiggyDawg is not a Fool employee. [more]