Abitarecatania and AbitarePERFECT One Year Review
I have now been in CAPS one year, I wanted to write a one year overview. Abitarecatania and abitarePERFECT have had good months. It was very lucky timing that the sell off sent both to new highs.
FOR THE RECORD
I opened a CAPS account 02 July 07. I opened the account because it was quicker to load in companies to watch, then Yahoo Finance. FYI - I had about 20+ portfolios on Yahoo Finance and it was becoming to time consuming to use and follow. I had tried a couple other sites that were slow and harder to use before Fool. I had NO intention of “playing CAPS”, writing a Blog, or trying to be “Top Fool”, being a Pitch writer etc…. I use CAPS primarily to watch stocks. I began writing to try and provide useful content to the community, to try and improve it.
I was a general Bull in July 07, especially Commodities. I became a bearish in Aug 07. I started “playing CAPS” more in Aug 07 when I ran 1400 points, 99% and rose to Top 300 in six weeks.
I have become far better “CAPS player“, Pitch writer and Blogger over the year. The CAPs community seems to be evolving and improving also. Many Fools are writing very good assessments of companies, Floridabuilder, DemonDoug, TMFBent, Everyday, TDRH, dwot early on, now there are at least 10 players posting regular readable and useful posts. I do not think I will be in the Top Ten Pitch writers or Bloggers going forward, it will take time and commitment I may not have. I have tried to improve my posts and pitches over the year and think others are also. I try and post something useful once a day. My posts are a once daily log of that which “deserves to be written and read” in regards to the overall stock market and economy. I try not to SPAM or over post, unless there is something very important to post.
Abitarecatania is a shameless point chaser. Like Anakin Skywalker in a tent full of Sand People his anger drives him to strike at every company he is angry at. He will rotate a position for accuracy if he does not hold the Top Pitch. He will close a position if he thinks he can get more points at another company.
Ranked # 10 in points with 6565 earned in a 12 month period
Ranked# 495 out of 59936 (highest rank was 290?)
Ranked #10 Pitch Writing Super Stars with 658 RECs
Ranked #5 Blog Recommendations with 177 posts 1526 RECs
Past Score Leader: About 10+ stocks including RDN, ETrade,
Current Score Leader: TOPS, AXL, BWTR
Top Pitch on about 30+ stocks
Groupies: 133. FYI - first and most loyal groupie: lquadland10 – who has had a monster points run, until recently,
AbitarePERFECT is a clean, pure BEAR. He does not over trade, wants accuracy with out constant rotating stocks. abitarePERFECT was created, because newbies constantly mocked Catania’s accuracy and points per pick. abitarePERFECT is a watchlist of stocks for Catania to reference if Catania has an open position to fill.
Ranked # 195 out of 59936
Average Pick Score: 8.18
Abitarecatania's TOP BLOG POSTS:
(* denotes if I wrote most of the content. )
*1. Being a Bearish, Does not Mean I am Depressed or that I will Eat Bugs…(unless I have to) April 21, 2008 21 RECs
*2.The Upcoming Top Fool Will Be a Commodity BEAR May 27, 2008 20 RECs
*3. Economics 101: The Skyscraper Curse and “7) Chinese stock market falls 40% by late summer” April 23, 2008 19 RECs
4. Jim Cramer: The Flip-Flop that Ought to be Illegal July 02, 2008 18 RECs
5. 12 Ways To Prepare For The Next Great Depression April 13, 2008 16 RECs
*6. On War (Part 2), The Loss of All US Ground Forces in Iraq. HOLD onto Gold/Silver
April 15, 2008 14 RECs
*7.On War (Part 3): Is war good for the economy? The Broken Window Theory of Economics April 19, 2008 14 RECs
8. Gary North on Keynesian Economics and a Revived Welfare State, June 27, 2008 14 Recs
*9. FIN 101: Spotting Gurus, Paid Liars, Fools and Cheerleaders Part 3. Stock Analyst
June 09, 2008 15 RECs
*10. FIN 101: Spotting Gurus, Paid Liars, Fools and Cheerleaders (Part 3): Ken Fisher June 23, 2008 14 RECs
11. Video on Urban Farming: a Tenth of an Acre, May 18, 2008 18 Recs
12. Jim Rogers on CNBC 05 May 08: China, Nam, US Dollar, Yen, Swiss Frank, Medals and Abolish the FED, May 09, 2008 13 RECs
13. Hell Hath Frozen Over. David Lereah Proclaims Housing not Hitting Bottom. May 06, 2008 15 Recs
14. The War in Iraq and the American Economy - Princeton University Economics professor Paul Krugman April 10, 2008 14 RECs
15. Jim Cramer, FED Reserve and Ron Paul January 10, 2008 13 RECs
16. Nouriel Roubini: The Housing Debate: "it is not going to be okay" February 03, 2008 10 Recs
17. Predictions 2008: S&P Falls 25%, Chinesse Mkt Falls 40%, Ron Paul Wins Presidency, Oil $175 etc... December 30, 2007 14 RECs
*18. Why the Market sold off and will continue. Sinking Currency, Sinking Country
November 11, 2007 (This was my first original post 7 RECs)
19. Call me a "bear". I have been called worse by nicer people then you! October 24, 2007
1. Historic ‘Blockbuster’ Store Offers Glimpse Of How Movies Were Rented In The Past (Video, The Onion) 18 Recs
2. The Grilling of Corey the Party Liaison. A Future CEO of America (Video-Humor)
April 11, 2008 10 RECs
3. John McCain & Miss Teen SC on Economics (Satire) Ron Paul Pwns! January 25, 2008 10 RECS
4. Troops Send Christmas Message To Ron Paul (Satire) January 17, 2008 10 RECs
5. Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over' (The Onion, 21 Jan 2001) Steve Colbert Roasts Bush June 02, 2008
I post my favorite CAPS humor, another day.