Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

aLSTRY needs to take a time out NOWWWWW

Recs

49

August 23, 2009 – Comments (32)

The ratio of Alstry posts on the motley fool is approaching astronomic levels.

 

Find a job, for God's sake. And if you do not want to do that, at least change the subject.

 

You have no right to spam the front page, you need to at least give a voice for others.

 

YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE WORLD. 

32 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On August 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM, kaskoosek (87.51) wrote:

2009August (65)July (114)June (120)May (107)April (77)March (99)February (44)January (84)

Report this comment
#2) On August 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

According to the Fed....the frequency of my blogging is decreasing dramatically.....and I expect it will continue to decrease as we move forward.

9.09....or simply stop reading.

Report this comment
#3) On August 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

Further, instead of attacking the messenger, attack the message.

Why should change the subject.....the solvency of the United States and its citizens is the foundation of any investment.

If America and Americans are being financially assaulted....don't you think that is an important issue to discuss and focus on in an investing forum?

We are going broke, our banking system is orchestrating it, and if we don't do anything about it.....we will all be broke before the process unwinds.

It appears my blogs this morning hit a nerve with you....I would be more than happy to see an intelligent response from you.

Instead of attacking Alstry.......attack the message.....it give you more credibility than a baba ganouj eating Fool.

Report this comment
#4) On August 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM, AdirondackFund (< 20) wrote:

Also in from Bloomberg....Alstry Blogs have decreased 40% this month.  While the rate of Blogging from Alstry has decreased, the rate of decrease was less than expected.  Traders pounced on the good News and drove shares of Alstry UP 40% in after hours trading. 

Report this comment
#5) On August 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM, minduza (< 20) wrote:

AdirondackFund +1

Report this comment
#6) On August 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM, kaskoosek (87.51) wrote:

Alstry

 

I am not attacking the message. I am actually attacking your behavior. Two completely different issues.

 

 

Report this comment
#7) On August 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM, AvianFlu (32.65) wrote:

I for one enjoy Alstry blogs. Is he possibly the modern Cassandra? For those  not in the know, Cassandra possessed the gift of seeing the future, but nobody believed her predictions. She had been cursed by the Gods.

However, Alstry makes two errors. One, it is always a mistake to pick a date for your predictions to come true. Events never occur on schedule. Two, referring to yourself in 3rd person is the sign of a lunatic. Another person who did this was Richard Nixon.  He would often say things like, "The president does not have any knowledge of a break-in".

Alstry: can you give us some background about yourself. For example, what line of work are you in? Age? Hobbies? I'm just trying to flesh out the picture.

Report this comment
#8) On August 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM, booyahh (< 20) wrote:

I agree with kaskoosek: Alstry needs to take a time out. He has no right to constantly spam the front page, and he doesn't give a voice for others. He's basically a missionary.

Report this comment
#9) On August 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM, caterpillar10 wrote:

he has a job.... the same one anyone staying *short too long has: Cattle Driver for a rustling crew - keep firing until the herd stampedes;-}

 

*=a strategy of contracted debt utilizing securities.

Report this comment
#10) On August 23, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Secksuality (28.19) wrote:

We're in an alstry bubble here

Report this comment
#11) On August 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM, bcnu6 (29.90) wrote:

If I was the King of CAPS the first thing I would do is to make a way to block the blogs of selected members from appearing on the CAPS home page under Newest Blog Posts.  There are a lot of people with worthwhile new things to say whose words are missed because it can be cumbersome to wade through the morass. 

Report this comment
#12) On August 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM, caterpillar10 wrote:

i know the feeling yet it is a dire temptation and would form a slippery slope to deny any their voice -  for it is better to live in a world where we must hide the children from time to time and learn to change the channel in a timely fashion rather than one where no salacious, repetitive porn can be found anywhere when it's time is right.   

Report this comment
#13) On August 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Varchild2008 (85.67) wrote:

I don't mind Alstry's posts and they do not interfere with my ability to find NEW blog posts from other Bloggers....

I just scan the New Posts column on the right and click on what interests me.

As for sucking up Bandwidth by posting a lot...versus a little.... Well... I post quite a bit in my opinion but I also annually subscribe to Stock Advisor.  Cost me $100 this year versus $80 last year.  I'll continue to subscribe/buy Motley Fool products for as long as I wish to be part of this community.

Report this comment
#14) On August 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM, ozzfan1317 (82.46) wrote:

9 0 9 is coming soon ...unfortunately I dont think the american economy will collapse on that day it would ge in the way of our new bull market..;)..Also remember the gunpowder treason I can think of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

www.newsecretsoftherich.com

Report this comment
#15) On August 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM, motleyanimal (83.72) wrote:

I predict a nice rally on 09 10 09. But the end of year rally will be the best of all.

Report this comment
#16) On August 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM, TSIF (99.96) wrote:

Catapillar, there is a difference between putting up blogs with fresh material and spamming the boards with repition, (whether one thinks it's hollow or not0. In your example of changing the channel, that becomes less effective if every channel is playing the same rerun.

 There certainly is freedom of speech, freedom to read the blogs you want and to ignore others. However, there is no reason if you have a blog on the same topic that you can't add to it rather than starting a new one. It is clear that Alstry is not concerned with warning the world, dialogue on a blog he wrote, etc.   Alstry is concerned with Alstry and keeping the most blog rec title while pursuing the most blogs.  Second place is not an opiton for Alstry.

Having the doom and gloomer pull economic data to remind us that the glass is either half full or half empty, but still only half in either view, is not necessarily a bad thing, but there are other topics of worth that do get missed if they flow down the blog list too far, too fast.

Kask presents his point, and has freedom of speech as well.

 

Report this comment
#17) On August 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM, caterpillar10 wrote:

oh i hear ya ..... still gets back2 porn, what it is? v.s. knowing it when u see it :) 

Report this comment
#18) On August 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

You guys simply don't understand presenting one's case style of writing.  Almost every Alstry blog contains a link to a new fact.   When lawyers preesent cases, they are constantly admitting pieces of material evidence that they believe further the case.  Once the evidence is admitted, they rest.

At the end of the trial, they summarize the evidence in the form of a closing argument.  At that point, the jury learns why each piece of evidence was offered.  What may seem like nonsense when admitted can take on a very different import during summation.

Most of you are not legally trained....I can understand your frustration at what seems like repetitive blogging, when in fact a new piece of data is offered each time.

In the end Alstry will present his summation, or reality will present itself to you before Alstry has a chance to make his closing arguments.

In either case, you will likely learn,  Alstrynomics is all about being presenting the truth and being right.

Report this comment
#19) On August 23, 2009 at 7:07 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

For example, in my most recent blog today, I linked an article which stated  that for the first time in a generation, Social Security payments are going DOWN for millions of recipients.

For a Arak drinking inflationista like kas, that must be a very frustrating data point to support his inflation thesis.  For one who thinks it could either way like Alstry, it serves as a piece of deflationary evidence.  When I see inflationary evidence, I present it as well.

In the end it is a new data point.....and an important one.....but for those of you who think its more of the same......you obviously have a different set of values for data compared to Alstry.

Alstry just blogs the facts....I can tell that the facts these days are angering many of you......just wait until you see how really pissed you get when the really bad data comes out.

Report this comment
#20) On August 23, 2009 at 7:15 PM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

How about if Alstry sticks to his own facts... the fact is, he said this:

#8) On August 07, 2009 at 2:05 PM, alstry (99.37) wrote:

prose,
We have not hit 9.09.
I have pretty much said my peace.
We have about 50 days left.
Going forward I will substantially reduce my blogging as this post pretty much sums things up.

If by the end of September, MOAP never matierializes, Alstry will dematerialize into cyber ether.

This is from this blog

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/ViewPost.aspx?bpid=240107&t=01002130057764754273

If you don't do as you claim, you've got nothing, right or wrong.  If you're not a man of your own words you simply can't be trusted.

Report this comment
#21) On August 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

Another fact continually overlooked by Alstry[nomics] is that a top DID NOT occur at the end of April.

Just the facts.

I report, you decide.

Report this comment
#22) On August 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

My blogging is down over 40% since that post....very significant in DOW terms.

I think we should nominate jd as the king of Alstrybation and the most prominate alstrybator on CAPS.

 

Report this comment
#23) On August 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM, alstry (35.88) wrote:

Sorry about my spelling....I have been using a netbook lately and the keys jump around.

That said we are now getting into the home stretch to 9.09......stay cool because the heat is about to rise Fools.

Report this comment
#24) On August 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM, TSIF (99.96) wrote:

Cater, yes there is difficulty determining spam or porn on some of the edges. WE are all looking though the glasses with differnet prespectives, but when Marylyn or similar 'stars" are the title actor or actress on a movie you knew it was hard porn, you didn't have to ask or think much about it.

Alstry, a lawyer doesn't start a NEW court case on cross examination when debating a fact.  There is also double jeapordy. To think that your need to start a new blog each time you repeat the facts, or that some of your facts are "new" and not an extension of the same argument would indicated that your trial skills were learned on TV and not in the courtroom.  Even on TV they don' start a new episode or try the same case multiple times...unless your attention span is such that you don't realize you are watching a rerun.

Also, in a courtroom we would have the ability to object when the facts became opinions or unsubstantiated.  Kask is invoking that here.  If you cared about dialogue you would continue a blog longer.  I see people replying to your blogs a day or so after you post them with good dialogue material and you don't reply as you are off on your next edition and your last blog is yesterday's news and disgarded by the writer.

9/09, tick tock, tick tock.  Is your bunker ready.  Maybe you should be checking your list and buying more batteries and doing less blogging.

Report this comment
#25) On August 23, 2009 at 7:34 PM, TSIF (99.96) wrote:

Blogging down 40% in such a short time is a small data point. It's still up 100% from last Feb.

Funny, the keys on my netbook are smaller and it takes some effort to type as fast, but they don't jump  around.  Are you getting more nervous? Or is it overuse of your "alstrybator"  

 

 

Report this comment
#26) On August 24, 2009 at 3:00 AM, JakilaTheHun (99.94) wrote:

Most of you are not legally trained....I can understand your frustration at what seems like repetitive blogging, when in fact a new piece of data is offered each time.

So, summed up:

(1) Alstry's presentations are superior

(2) Those criticizing Alstry's posts have a poor understanding of presentation

(3) There are news facts in every Alstry post; unfortunately, most people can't see them becasue of their poor understanding of presentation

(4) Therefore, we are all ignorant about presentation.  

This is what some of us poor, clueless dregs might call "circular reasoning."  

Report this comment
#27) On August 24, 2009 at 7:50 AM, TSIF (99.96) wrote:

Good summation Jalila, are you a practicing lawyer like Alstry!? :)

Alstry did put two separate articles or Zombination in my blog this morning.  Surprisingly I read them both even though they were two different data points in the same blog!  Apparently Alstry can chain multiple points with different pieces of data into one blog where discussion can be had, when Alstry wants to.  This shows it's possible for Alstry to dialogue without multiple blog entries, but it doesn't help Alstry with his Blog count and Rec total, both of which Alstry clearly is fascinated with,  (based on multiple comments about how many recs someone gets by "stealing" Alstry's famous name).

The price of fame. Jealous Critics, copy cats, bashers, paparazzi and the need to continuously outperform. It's a tough position Alstry has placed himself into to ensure that we can tell him how "right" he was with his warnings.

Report this comment
#28) On August 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

In either case, you will likely learn,  Alstrynomics is all about being presenting the truth and being right.

 I've learned the style of presenting the truth Alstry[nomics] uses is similar to that used by the National Enquirer.  I've also learned that Alstry[nomics] hasn't been right all along. 

Unemployment > 50%  WRONG

DOW top at 8300 WRONG

I could go on, but as a nominee for the King of Alstrybation I need to pace  myself on the whacking/whipping/flogging of Alstry[nomics] - My little Alstry[nomics] is sore enough as it is.

 

Report this comment
#29) On August 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

My blogging is down over 40% since that post....very significant in DOW terms.

Wrong - you're on track to surpass the number of blogs you posted in April - that's the same time you called the top at 8300, which may have cost anyone who took action on that bs call to lose A LOT.

Report this comment
#30) On August 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

.

Report this comment
#31) On August 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM, ReadEmAnWeep (40.24) wrote:

"The ratio of Alstry posts on the motley fool is approaching astronomic levels." 

 Don't you mean alstronomic... Lol, I crack my self up...

 

"If America and Americans are being financially assaulted....don't you think that is an important issue to discuss and focus on in an investing forum?"

Yes, that is something that needs to be discussed on CAPs. I like blogs that have intelligent discussion about the economy so much more than the typical inside scoop on a stock that I have never heard of.

 

I think that the point he is making with this blog is that there have been a lot of post lately. But that makes sense because his 9/09 prediction is soon.

One thing I do like is that Alstry never gives aggressive retaliation to posts. If he answers it is always polite. So that is something positive.

Report this comment
#32) On August 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM, bigcat1969 (92.80) wrote:

Wouldn't this place be much more boring without him?  I blog some of the same things like FDIC Fridays and unemployment, but they come out as boring and dry.  When the king of the headline puts them up they ooze entertainment value.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement