Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.18)

Alstrynomics is CAPS

Recs

16

February 25, 2009 – Comments (8)

Its all about ideas to help you make better investments.

As I told you yesterday, if you think we are anywhere close to the bottom, or about to turn around, you should start looking for your place to be economically buried right now.  You think some chart or picture can trump the momentum of an economy about to enter a Depression?

Based on my conversations with business owners, bankers, lawyers, doctors, CFOs, CEOs, and many others....the distress is still in the early stages and RAPIDLY deteriorating.

Today's details on the bank plan only confirms the Alstrynomic perspective. 

In order to be the best, you must work hard to get there........but when you do, the results can be amazing.  Few diciplines can give you the amazing results like Alstrynomics.  Its a combination of fundementals, technicals, psychology, sociology, economics, accounting, and a number other areas synthesized and distilled into a concise package presented for your benefit.

8 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On February 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM, alstry (36.18) wrote:

INFLATION?????  ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst of U.S. Job Cuts May Be Over as Companies Freeze Pay, Survey Shows

Feb. 25 (Bloomberg) -- More U.S. companies are adopting pay and hiring freezes to lower their labor costs during what is likely to be a prolonged recession rather than depending on further payroll reductions, a private survey found.

Report this comment
#2) On February 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, ByrneShill (75.10) wrote:

Alstry and McEnroe, I totally see it!

Report this comment
#3) On February 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM, gne1963 (73.52) wrote:

Alstrynomics, your days are numbered.

It is all about facts and data... and right now my friend the data is mounting against you... big time...

The economy's worst is past

This is not hearsay as you point to in your post. "Based on my conversations with business owners, bankers, lawyers, doctors, CFOs, CEOs, and many others"

Ignore the facts and data at your own peril. Your words on CAPs will be a distant memory in a sea change of positive sentiment... I'd guess by the end of 2009 at the very latest... and more probably by summer.

Perhaps you have never experienced that change as many of us have in the past... you will not find it documented on the web, because it happened well before ARPA...

Go read about what happened in 1974 and 1975... you probably will have to do a bit of manual/physical research at a local library... and you might just find what is about ready to happen to the Alstrynomics fad.

I wish you good luck on your journey.

Report this comment
#4) On February 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM, briyan (31.57) wrote:

gne1963, I look forward to the eventual revisiting of your comments in a future gloating post from alstry.    A sea of positive sentiment, probably by summer, eh?  Oh boy.  I must say I strongly disagree ... but good luck!

Report this comment
#5) On February 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM, beyondanonda (26.65) wrote:

Al,

You are correct that there are a myriad of strong and unbalanced influences affecting the world and the market these days.  Thank goodness the charts have this built  in and have allowed me to add over 14% to my portfolio in a little over 3 weeks.  Hope you've done as well, good luck and best regards

Report this comment
#6) On February 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM, InsuranceHunter (< 20) wrote:

So many naive people!  Dumb investors to be blunt.  However, we have been programed to believe the best in America and to invest in the mkt for the long haul.  Invest in America is the flavor of the day! This optimism falls prey to Wall Cheat and Washington.  Stay in your mutual funds and keep on buying good cos and see what your return is over the next 5 yrs.  Pixie dust is what you will have I tell you.

 Learn to read charts and learn to short the market.  At the least learn to hedge your positions.  If you do not short the market you are a complete novice and should be keeping your hard earned cash in your matress.

Alstry- Keep bringing the truth.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." —Samuel Adams

 

 

Report this comment
#7) On February 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM, BGriffinFlorida (27.25) wrote:

Alstry,  Thank you for you.  Nice to have you back.

 

GNE,  that is the most absurd article I have read in a while. Camus and Keirkegaard would scoff and pronounce it rediculous.

 

Beyondanonda, great to hear about your success.  Are you speaking about your CAPS portfolio, or a personal account.  If personal, you should provide a demonstration in your CAPS portfolio..

 

Report this comment
#8) On March 03, 2009 at 11:09 AM, kirkydu (93.88) wrote:

A bit full of yourself.  I like it.  Butt you are wrong, we are close enough to the bottom to start deploying capital because when the mid level banks get dealt with any week now, the market will explode upward.  Now, I think we'll retest a couple times, but this is a very good opportunity to take a few 1/4 positions.

BTW, I spoke to a group of 10 manufacturing CEOs a while back and to a guy they said they were slow but had no long term problems once they cut a few jobs and slowed inventory build.  Most companies at all levels have cut inventory build and that will help stablize not only employment but foil failures.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement