Are fossil fuel burning cars a lesser evil than pure electric cars?
***REMEMBER WE'RE ALL ON THE MOTLEY FOOL PAGE AND WE AGREED TO FOOL'S RULES
6. Conduct • Post or transmit any content that is disruptive, uncivil, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
When ever enviromentalists send fossil fuel burning motor vehicle(s) owner(s) on a guilt trip, just remember that pure electric powered vehicles may not knowingly done more harm to the enviroment by:
• Hydro electricity: flooding massive areas of land
• Nuclear electricity: mined uranium and radioactive waste
• Coal electricity: mined coal and massive emmisions dispensed
• Fossil fuel electricity: pumped or mined and massive emmisions dispensed
currently pure electric cars are a minority, at present it hasn't strained all electricity production sources. If the world shifts from fossil fuel burning cars to electric vehicles + our current electricity needs the world may see:
• increased electricity rates because of demand
• more dams built and land flooding to produce electricity demands
• more activity in uranium mining and radioactive waste to produce electricity demands
• more coal mining and massive emmisions dispensed from coal electricity plants to produce electricity demands
• more fossil fuel pumping or mining and massive emmisions dispensed from fossil fuel electricity plants to produce electricity demands
What's your opinion?
Is it safe to say fossil fuel burners can sleep better than electric chargers?
Any more comments Motley Fools want to add?