'Bent's Caps Commandments
From a guy who does OK at Caps, and takes his lumps...
In no particular order...
1) Thou shalt not short biotech. One pronouncement from on high or the mana of speculators can bring doom to your score.
2) Thou shalt only try to "bank" gain if thou playest caps daily or nearly so.
3) Thou shalt "bank" gains on thy shorts. 'Tis the only way to score much more than 100 on garbage companies.
4) Thou shalt not put pending closes on scores that are less than 6%, lest thou get smacked out of an accuracy point by a late-day runup.
5) Thou shalt copy the work of other high-scoring caps players, and it shalt be a boon unto thine score.
6) Thou shalt not call out- or -underperform on a stock just because thou detesteth the boneheads who run it or the boneheads who liketh its products. (Zeal counteth for nought in this game.)
7) Thou shalt not play Caps drunk. At least not too much.
8) Thou shalt not put outperform on fine divident payers until Caps getteth its act together and adjusteth the scores accordingly.
9) Thou shalt talk trash in Caps.
10) Thou shalt take a hard look at thine caps score and decide what needs work. Shouldeth thou lacketh accuracy, a careful banking of accuracy may be a boon unto thine score. If thou lacketh points, hangeth thou onto thine winners and findeth thou some real scams to short.