Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

kirkydu (93.60)

Biggest Jagbag of the Week

Recs

8

January 28, 2010 – Comments (3) | RELATED TICKERS: GS , C , BAC

This week we have Steven Moore from the Wall Street Journal

Here's a guy who has trumpeted that Bill Clinton ruined the economy- years after he was out of office.

He's been a cheerleader for the very deregulations that led directly to the collapse of the economy and markets.

He's a lacky of country club boardrooms and ever greater executive compensation despite the lack of production by many, particularly in the financial sector, over the past decade.

He argues that "supply side" solutions are the answer to the problems that "supply side" approaches brought us.

He advocates blind non-directed tax cuts with no discussion of what the outcomes will be.  Instead, he gloms on to and pontificates about how all tax cuts are good (many are, some aren't), while at the same time tries to credibly talk about deficits.  He won't talk math, because he knows that the math is not on his side.

He clearly cares more about a subsegment of the richest 1% of Americans, specifically Wall Street huckster types who produce little in the way of jobs or innovation, than the other 99% of Americans. 

Interestingly, Moore barely is a conservative, having virtually no understanding of Hayek and Friedman despite citing them incorrectly all the time. 

Watch videos, examine his track record.  He's been wrong about virtually everything he says for a long time, yet still gets face time on Kudlow (probably because he's been even more wrong than Kudlow who put his wrongness in writing in 1999 as Ariana Huffington pointed out a few weeks ago) and is allowed to write in the WSJ (which is rapidly going down hill and can't carry the FT's jock). 

Tell me you don't come to the conclusion I have.  Steven Moore is a corpratocracy hack masquerading as a conservative (what Peter Schiff gives a good name to) who is only concerned with his own hide and pocketbook, and who doesn't understand much of anything he talks about.

This weeks Biggest Jagbag, the Wall Street Journal's Stephen Moore.

Runner-up: Jim Pethokoukis, who is guilty of all of the above, but is prettier.

3 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On January 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Tastylunch (29.26) wrote:

Since murdoch took over the WSJ has really really gone downhill. I don't really trust even their news section anymore.Some of their headlines are bordlerlin tabloid misleading.

Too bad really. I don't really care what the editorial slant of  newspaper is as long as they keep itout of the news section and in opinion section.

Unfortunately that seems to be an increasingly archaic practice for media of all biases.

Report this comment
#2) On January 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Lienbuster (94.17) wrote:

Dito, but we still have FT.

Report this comment
#3) On January 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM, kirkydu (93.60) wrote:

I actually sent a highly critical letter to WSJ when I sent back my renewal invoice with "CANCEL" on it.  They called to ask why I was cancelling (really to try to make the sale) and were very arrogant when I told them the reporting had gone downhill, the paper was less factual than necessary to be useful and the editorial approach cover to cover had no place.  Moore is the sort of goof who somehow get those jobs and is promoted as their best and brightest, it really blows my mind.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement