Catching up with Chris Graley
I was inspired by David's post, as I usually am, but this time I thought I would just dump all my thoughts on the table and let the rest of you sort them out at will.
1) I can't remember a president that didn't lie to me, but the trend lately is a president that lies to his own political power base. GPB... "Read my lips, no new taxes." , BC... as told by Barak Obama, GHWB... "I don't believe in nation building." etc... It seems that more and more candidates are counting on the fact that you will believe anything, and who can blame them. You usually do! We have extremeists on both sides and the people in the middle are forced to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. They take the rest of you morons that aren't in the middle for granted. You'll vote 1 way all the time. They'll just promise the party line even if they have different plans than what the public wants.
2) The agenda of any president never fits popular opinion. If Barak Obama wanted to, both gay marraige and legal marijuana would be supported by the majority of the population right now. So why hasn't it happened? The truth is that he can't get enough bribes to make it worth his efforts to piss off the other side. He'll piss off the other side readily to pass a health care bill that gets him bribes from big pharma though, even if it isn't supported by the majority of the population. I'm not picking on the guy in charge more than anyone else. The system has been the same as long as I can remember. It's the only reason people run for office in the land of moron voters.
3) Most of your votes were divided up between the 2 parties before you were born. They count on you being stupid, and you usually prove their point. It's the reason that your side lies to you as much as the other side. No, it's the reason that they lie to you more than the other side. You'll take whatever BS they want to feed to you as fact, and you'll regurgitate it.
4) You have options. I can't think of any other party that is as fundamentaly screwed up as the green party, but I would be extremely happy if the green party stole some votes in the next election. It means that you aren't guaranted to vote the way your current lying candidate thinks you are. Please vote for any other party than the popular 2 parties.
5) I am still more than happy to argue with anyone about the extreme tenants that keep you with your party. Trust me, they are all wrong and I don't know what side you are on yet. Until you put your own beliefs above your party, you are the worthless moron that is causing the problems and the sad fact is your party is counting on you to be that moron.