Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Cel-Sci has a 3000 Percent Increase Potential

Recs

0

August 07, 2009 – Comments (38) | RELATED TICKERS: CVM

In the next three years Cel-Sci could light up the Biotech world by releasing Phase III results on a new product called Multikine®.

Multikine® is CEL-SCI’s late stage cancer product, which is an immunotherapeutic agent for first-line standard of care treatment in head and neck cancer patients. The drugs approach is different in the way it fights against cancer, by directly affecting both the tumor cells and by activating an anti-tumor immune response by the body.  

This multipronged approach has produced fabulous Phase II results. Multikine achieved a 33% improvement in median overall survival at a median of 3.5 years post surgery with no adverse events. Along with these impressive safety and efficacy results, Multikine showed a 50% reduction in tumor cells, 12% complete response, 8% increase in the Local Regional Control.

Folks I’m not usually this gitty, but the Phase II results are just not seen like this! I also like the risk factors ahead. Multikine will only need to demonstrate a 10% improvement in overall survival for the Phase III trials to be successful. We have a good 20% to play with from the Phase II results.

So why is Cel-Sci’s stock at $0.48 for today’s close and its market cap sitting on a measly 62M? Its because Wall Street is wondering why a US partner has not yet been identified if you ask me. So why am I not worried about this pending risk? Because TEVA has already signed for the Israeli market and they are about the most conservative company known to man on the branded side. They see the clinical risk being very low and the potential for a best in class product being high – just like I do!

Before I get too long winded let me tell you a few other reasons why I like the stock; Cel-Sci has enough cash until next March (unusual for Biotech’s in this credit climate), has only 130M shares outstanding, and is finishing up on its manufacturing facility where it plans to make its Phase III clinical trial material.

As with the other Biotech’s I’ve recommended I’m in for a handsome sum!

I’ll keep you posted

Becon800

 

38 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On August 08, 2009 at 3:07 AM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

Hope you hit.  Investing in these types of stocks is always extremely risky. 

Report this comment
#2) On August 08, 2009 at 8:30 PM, TrippleZero (< 20) wrote:

I agree.  I added 40% more shares for free the last month with all the swine flu press CVM is getting, the next new good news will be the FDA approval of their new lab.  Then they can make the cells for phase III.

Report this comment
#3) On August 09, 2009 at 10:14 PM, toonice1980 (< 20) wrote:

hi becon can you email me at

toonicetoonice at gmail I would liket o add you to my google group for the best of the best investors. you seem to love biotech like i do, come join 

 

also when do you think the facility and phase III are coming?

 

Report this comment
#4) On August 10, 2009 at 10:02 AM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

As an update I bought 1000 shares just as a pure spec play.

Report this comment
#5) On August 10, 2009 at 5:44 PM, becon800 (99.06) wrote:

Cel-Sci has indicated their manufacturing facility to produce the Phase III clinical trial material will be up by October, but I’m not optimistic this will happen. I’d give them a quarter beyond this date – say January 2010. Wall Street is looking for this to happen so we could see a large dip in the stock price upon the release of news for these possible delays.

 

I look for the price to jump substantially upon finding a US partner for marketing. My suspicion is that it will happen between now and the end of Q1 2010.

Report this comment
#6) On September 15, 2009 at 1:36 PM, jatt22 (58.05) wrote:

 congrats  on ur  cvm pick  .  i  picked  few  last  month   after  reading  this  blog  .  thanks

Report this comment
#7) On September 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM, becon800 (99.06) wrote:

Thanks. Glad to be of service. CVM has a long way to go over the next few years.

 

Another pick will be coming soon!

Report this comment
#8) On September 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM, becon800 (99.06) wrote:

Thanks. Glad to be of service. CVM has a long way to go over the next few years.

 

Another pick will be coming soon!

Report this comment
#9) On September 15, 2009 at 3:50 PM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

Great call there Becon.  I bought 1000 shares at a cost of $500.  Sold 300 shares today for about the same amount and now have 700 FREE shares.  And I still like the company's prospects.  This is the reason why I still visit this site.

Thank you for making me money.

Report this comment
#10) On September 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

Here's a heck of a video clip:

http://www.cel-sci.com/video4REVIEW.html

Report this comment
#11) On September 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

You got me excited but yikes. The stock is completely overbought and has been in the toilet for 8 straight years. It looks like it recently hit a 10 year high and doesn't appear to have ever turned a profit.

This isn't the best time to buy shares - at least wait for a pull-back if you decide to invest in this "company".

Report this comment
#12) On September 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

Look at the date of people's posts in here. We all bought at under .50. It only recently shot up because of the h1n1 rumors.  But that isn't the appeal of this stock imo, but Multikine.  Still a few years away.

Report this comment
#13) On September 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM, mojosoldier (< 20) wrote:

Hey beacon800

 

Great call. This was a shrewd pick on your part.One of our esteemed friends at another popular stock market site has timed this one quite nicely and alot of people jumped onto it.

 

 

 

 

 

Report this comment
#14) On September 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM, becon800 (99.06) wrote:

I have not added value to CVM on the H1N1 vaccine product because there is no data yet to support it. If the clinicals come out good CVM will just get to where its going faster.

After pushing up to $1.45 (from my $0.48 buy price) I am not buying any new shares. If it dipps below $1.00 again BUY.

becon800 

Report this comment
#15) On September 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

sorry, I should have check the date on the posts.

They just announced they are selling an additional 14 million shares. Watch for a reverse split down the road?

(RTTNews) - CEL-SCI Corp. (CVM) announced that it has entered into definitive agreements to sell 14,285,715 shares of its common stock at a price of $1.40 per share, following a registered direct offering to institutional investors, representing gross proceeds of about $19 million.

Investors will also receive warrants to purchase 4,714,284 shares of CEL-SCI Corp.'s common stock. The warrants have an exercise price of $1.50 per share and are exercisable at any time after the closing of the transaction and before the second anniversary of such initial issuance date.

The closing of the offering is expected to take place on or before Monday, September 21, 2009. CEL-SCI intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to commence a pivotal Phase III clinical trial with its cancer drug Multikine and to rapidly take its new LEAPS - H1N1 compound into human studies for the treatment of hospitalized H1N1 patients. 

Report this comment
#16) On September 18, 2009 at 10:32 AM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

The stock has a big gap at the 50 cent level and is likely to cover it at some point. It appears to be in Wave 2 down and is overbought.

Report this comment
#17) On September 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

Sorry, I just looked at a chart of the last 9 months and there's a lower gap around its 200MA; in the range of 38 cents a share.

Report this comment
#18) On September 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM, awallejr (34.72) wrote:

Stock probably would have went higher if not for the secondary.  I'm content to sit on my free shares now and see how "Multikline" plays out.

Report this comment
#19) On September 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM, RainierMan (64.43) wrote:

You guys and your charts...it's not gonna "fill the gap". You're not getting it; the world just changed for CVM. They are now a unique H1N1 play, to say nothing of the cancer drug. Toss your charts with the lines and letter and numbers, and start thinking about the potential market that this company is on verge of having if their LEAPS-H1N1 works in trials (which the FDA basically wants them to complete).

Report this comment
#20) On September 21, 2009 at 6:01 AM, mpjordan (< 20) wrote:

Sometimes you have to say "what the ****"

Report this comment
#21) On September 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM, noirblood (86.95) wrote:

Lol fill the gap. Seriously, do you people read news or just look at graphs all day?

Got in on this at .60 and holding long term. Could easily reach $5-$6 in the next 2 years.

Report this comment
#22) On September 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

RSI shows a top at 2.10, the stock is completely overbought, and its 200MA is down around 38 cents a share. One piece of bad news or a steep market correction and it's likely to cover both gaps down.

Report this comment
#23) On September 23, 2009 at 4:32 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

btw, it looks like an interesting investment - they're clearly due after an 8+ year run in the toilet but its a question of when. To many were chasing the stock up.

Report this comment
#24) On September 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

CVM is still completely overbought and has dropped 36 cents from the high on declining volume.

Report this comment
#25) On September 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

Like I said you got my interest becon800, 

I could be wrong but it looks to me like it's just starting the 3rd leg of the move down which could present a buying opportunity for a new starting position.

To anyone who reads this, don't get greedy, this dog has had fleas for decades and could go to its .14/share bottom in a NY minute on bad news.

Best, IIcx 

Report this comment
#26) On October 05, 2009 at 8:54 AM, becon800 (99.06) wrote:

For those who got in at $0.48 like me, you've probably taken some profits and are not out a dime. CVM will be a wild ride over the next few years as Phase III clinicals continue. Bits and pieces of infomation will come out during the trials, but when the final data is released we'll see a 30 fold increase (0.48 X 30) in price to around $14.4 per share. This is what I'm waiting for.

As far as H1N1 goes, we'll probably know within the next 2 quarters, but I'm not holding my breath on this pipeline potential - just Miltikine.

becon800

Report this comment
#27) On October 06, 2009 at 8:29 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

short term, if it fails to hold support at 1.10 its likely to fall to cover the gaps below 1/share. If that happens look for .50/share and possibly drops to .38 or below before the move is complete.

I'm actually tempted if we get down there. It's still overbought and falling on declining volume at the moment. 

Report this comment
#28) On October 06, 2009 at 8:40 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

sorry, should have said declining on increasing selling volume.

Report this comment
#29) On October 30, 2009 at 5:21 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

still in a down channel but its at a point where it may make sense to start a small position if you have a mind for playing craps - this could be close to the bottom of the 1st wave down.

Note that there are still gaps at the .50 and .38 levels. 

Report this comment
#30) On November 09, 2009 at 6:00 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

Broke out nicely from resistance at the .88/share level and is now up in what looks like a wave 3 on news to top at 1.50 today.

Disclaimer: I now own shares so enjoy this with a "grain of salt".

Wave 4 should fall back to a buy over the next few weeks before either rising or failing and breaking down into a failed 5th to crash to the sub-dollar level waiting for positive news.

More then a bit like playing "craps" at this point but I honestly hope they got it right. The benefit would be amazing if they finally did.

Report this comment
#31) On November 09, 2009 at 6:07 PM, mikecart1 (75.72) wrote:

I also own lots of shares of CVM.  I'm getting excited over this news.

Report this comment
#32) On February 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

just broke below .60/share today -- next stop .40? 

Report this comment
#33) On February 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Energizer1 (< 20) wrote:

I have been following this stock since the 80's. I have learned a lot about it and I recommend you all do your own investigation. As far as I am concerned it is nothing but a tool for Max and his son or step son to make money. I have seen the same pictures over and over again through the years of how tumors (neck etc..) have healed using the interlukin silver bullet. It is an easy stock to hype with out question. I suggest you try calling some of the locations where the trials are supposedly held, I did. Don't be surprised if no one knows what you are talking about.

Report this comment
#34) On May 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

The gap at .49 was closed several weeks ago but one last gap is still open well below the current share price. The factory is now complete and they have sufficient cash flow for the Phase III trials.

Just reported a 1 cent loss for the quarter. 

Any thoughts?

Report this comment
#35) On May 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM, IIcx (< 20) wrote:

btw: I own this stock and I'm trying to figure out whether to dump it or to buy some more on the next dip.

Report this comment
#36) On September 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM, naughtyguy (33.13) wrote:

Buy more if it goes to 30 cents!

Mikecart1: haven't seen you reply for 10 months. What is your current take?

Report this comment
#37) On September 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM, naughtyguy (33.13) wrote:

drugs take soooooo long to get to market !

Report this comment
#38) On May 25, 2011 at 11:04 AM, mikecart1 (75.72) wrote:

It's been 2 years :o[

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement