Climate conspiracy theories
Just a few questions.
1. How many other research groups have been working on global warming for the last 20 years and have come to the same conclusion that the warming is there for real?
2. Suppose a research group at one university falsified the experimental data. How likely is it that all the other researchers would rely on that one flawed study for decades before anyone bothers to conduct their own experiment?
3. If several other teams do their own experiment, how long will it take before the original study is exposed as an error at best and a hoax at worst?
4. If some crooked scientists used correct experimental data and put a spin on it, then again, how long would it take for someone else to expose the data manipulation?
5. Is anybody even aware that deletion of experimental data and removing some dissenting opinions is normal part of research?
6. Does anybody believe that all universities of the world have been part of a global climate conspiracy and that all scientists working for them happily participated in it?
7. If the emails were deemed to be "compromising material" by the people who exchanged them, shouldn't we expect that at least one of them would choose to make them public, if only to become a celebrity and make more money from interviews than the university is paying him?
8. Que bono? The motivation of global warming deniers is clear. One can easily see why an industrialist would be opposed to reducing emissions. Can anybody explain to me why anybody would be interested in supporting the global warming theory and why most governments would find their arguments so compelling that they would go against their own industry?
And finally, a simple empirical question: if you distrust all scientists, do you personally see the weather as getting colder?