Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Cowardice rears its ugly head

Recs

4

May 22, 2008 – Comments (7) | RELATED TICKERS: RYL , DHI , PHM

Okay, so it's time to come clean. I'm not as convicted on the homebuilder front as I've seemed. I've been following FB (the real FB - FloridaBuilder) and whenever he abandons a homebuilder short, I do too. I haven't reloaded my RYL and DHI shorts because FB wasn't there when I checked. And he's got only 100 active picks, so it's not too crowded in his CAPS portfolio to have a few more accuracy juicers if he wants them.

I still think real estate prices in general are headed down another 30-50%, and many homebuilders are headed for worse than that. But I don't know which ones without FB. So that's that. 

7 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On May 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM, AnomaLee (28.68) wrote:

Just try making your own picks... It works for some of us

Report this comment
#2) On May 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM, FleaBagger (28.91) wrote:

If you're so smart that you don't need input from anybody, why are you haunting my blog all the time?

Also, italics work better if they set something apart from the rest of the text. 

Report this comment
#3) On May 22, 2008 at 3:17 PM, madcowmonkey (< 20) wrote:

Soooo that's that.

Report this comment
#4) On May 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM, AnomaLee (28.68) wrote:

I consider other people's thoughts, but it is ultimately my own decision. It seemed you were asking for advice and I gave some, but you appear to be an isolationist. Let me add more specific advice. The markets are going to give back most of their 10% gains of the last 30 days. The real FB, has said repeatedly that the iShares Dow Jones Home Const. ETF (ITB) should retest their lows.

Home Builder Speaks in Interview:

It's okay to make mistakes... Our brain can't interpret everything...

 

Report this comment
#5) On May 22, 2008 at 4:06 PM, FleaBagger (28.91) wrote:

Yup.

Report this comment
#6) On May 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM, mandrake66 (84.92) wrote:

I closed almost all of my homebuilder and bank stocks recently just because it finally seemed like a good time to bank a lot of points. Now I'm wondering which ones I really want to get back into, and when. I too think they've almost all got a lot of drop left in them, and the regional banks especially are going to be great bankruptcy candidates, but at the moment I'm not sure where we're headed in the short-term. I'm back to square one at this point.

Report this comment
#7) On May 22, 2008 at 5:14 PM, FleaBagger (28.91) wrote:

Lee - I'm gratified that you seem to be getting the hang of italics. I don't know what you mean when you say that I seem to be an isolationist. That "haunting my blog all the time" line was not intended as criticism or complaint, as you seem to have taken it, but was a little joke. A very little joke.

Whether or not to copy FB without further research is ultimately my own decision. I'm just trying to become Top Fool because of my obsessive-compulsive competitiveness, as I believe I've said (or at least implied) before.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement