During the past couple of weeks, I have been fortunate enough to take some time off from work. Here are some things that I discovered during that time:
1. There is never enough time to get all of the yard work done. I don't care how much time you think it will take, there is always more that needs doing and never seems to be enough time to get to it all.
2. Fireworks are cheap entertainment, even if it is a pain to get somewhere that you might be able to see them. I spent about an hour trying to get to the beach to watch the fireworks with my family on the fourth. I cussed up a storm when it became evident that parking was not going to be as easy as anticipated. In the end, the wonder and awe that was plainly visible on my kids faces made it worth every cent...wait, I didn't have to pay...so it was priceless.
3. When I spend time away from work, I actually spend less time sweating the market and am actually able to enjoy the fine art of actually researching and managing the pittance that I call a portfolio.
4. Good friends are hard to find. But Facebook can sure help you re-find the ones you may have lost touch with.
5. Facebook and anything supported by Facebook is highly addicitive and borders on pure evil...almost in the same category as cocaine or TMF....just not as profitable as dealing in the one or as profitable as reading and implementing knowledge gained in the other.
6. Time spent with the family no matter the situation is always time well spent.
7. Time away from work is always too short...back to the grind tomorrow...Fool on.