Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

portefeuille (99.59)

DSCO survey

Recs

16

March 06, 2012 – Comments (39)

How many DSCO shares (n) do you currently have in your portfolio?

A: 0
B: 0 < n ≤ 1000
C: 1000 < n ≤ 5000
D: 5000 < n ≤ 50000
E: 50000 < n
F: -1000 ≤ n < 0
G: n < -1000

For me the answer is C.

39 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On March 06, 2012 at 11:11 AM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

March 6, 2012 is "PDUFA date" by the way, so your last chance to trade DSCO shares before the FDA decision is announced may not be all that far in the future ...

Report this comment
#2) On March 06, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Option1307 (29.70) wrote:

A.

Sold out yesterday per my original plan.

Report this comment
#3) On March 06, 2012 at 11:14 AM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

For me the answer is C.

And for my fund the answer is E. There are currently 88000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $3.08.

Report this comment
#4) On March 06, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Momentum21 (93.26) wrote:

For me the answer is C as well. It will remain C whether I pare back today or not...

Good luck to DSCO...they have more at stake here then I do.  

Report this comment
#5) On March 06, 2012 at 12:05 PM, zzlangerhans (99.70) wrote:

6666 shares (used to be an even 100000 before the reverse split).

I'm holding through the PDUFA against my better judgement. If I lose, I'll make the $20000 back and forget about it. It will also be the last time I ever go long through a binary catalyst. If I sell after all this and Surfaxin gets approved, I'll be kicking myself for years.

Report this comment
#6) On March 06, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Momentum21 (93.26) wrote:

My thought process in deciding how many shares to hold here is the downside risk vs upside potential. My guess is that approval is somewhat "priced in" to the current valuation. 

Perhaps the real play here is IF we see another CRL. The selloff could be pretty violent and I don't think DSCO would be "finished" as a going concern.

I am leaning towards going "lighter"...hopefully we get an early halt with an approval so I don't have to make the call!  

 

Report this comment
#7) On March 06, 2012 at 12:18 PM, dessex (< 20) wrote:

"c"--1,400.

Report this comment
#8) On March 06, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Momentum21 (93.26) wrote:

It is somewhat fitting for DSCO that the Dow is down 200+ points as of this writing...1342 on the S&P

Will they get a break??

ASTX decision today as well.  

Report this comment
#9) On March 06, 2012 at 12:27 PM, rancidx3 (39.56) wrote:

I hold 1000 shares. I sold off most of my shares last week. Good luck!

Report this comment
#10) On March 06, 2012 at 1:04 PM, CCharing (89.36) wrote:

C.

I have exactly 1000 shares. I once had 6,000 shares (post split)...

Report this comment
#11) On March 06, 2012 at 1:04 PM, CCharing (89.36) wrote:

C.

I have exactly 1000 shares. I once had 6,000 shares (post split)...

Report this comment
#12) On March 06, 2012 at 1:05 PM, CCharing (89.36) wrote:

C.

I have exactly 1000 shares. I once had 6,000 shares (post split)...

Report this comment
#13) On March 06, 2012 at 1:31 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

There are currently 88000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $3.08.

now 70000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $2.86.

Report this comment
#14) On March 06, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Valyooo (99.42) wrote:

Lets do another DSCO poll

1) How many people on CAPS who own a lot of DSCO know anything about the company other than the fact they are trying to approve something called surfaxin?

2) How many people on CAPS who own DSCO know anything about the science of the drug?

 3) How many people on CAPS bought this stock purely because zzlangerhans and portefeuille said so?

 ;)

Report this comment
#15) On March 06, 2012 at 3:18 PM, rofgile (99.30) wrote:

B, around 300 now.  Nothing I can't afford to lose. 

Was tempted to buy some today actually, but I've been fighting myself on investing lately.

 -Rof 

Report this comment
#16) On March 06, 2012 at 3:34 PM, HooDaHeckNose (95.94) wrote:

Question 1: A - I sold it all at $3.14 happy to take a 50% gain. (Oh Well)

Question 2: 3 - You're two pitches were enough to compell me to gamble (which is how I viewed it)

 Thanks for the pitches. 

Report this comment
#17) On March 06, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Momentum21 (93.26) wrote:

halted @ 3.36

I didnt get as "light" as I was hoping...gl all : ) 

Report this comment
#18) On March 06, 2012 at 3:59 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

currently 75000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $2.92.

Report this comment
#19) On March 06, 2012 at 4:12 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

Report this comment
#20) On March 06, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Momentum21 (93.26) wrote:

ohhhhhhhhh, yeaahhhhhhh!!!!!

 

Report this comment
#21) On March 06, 2012 at 4:16 PM, dessex (< 20) wrote:

port:  YOU DA MAN !!!!

Report this comment
#22) On March 06, 2012 at 4:23 PM, rancidx3 (39.56) wrote:

thanks port + zz!! I only have 1000 but that's better than nothing

Report this comment
#23) On March 06, 2012 at 4:26 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

I have 2410 DSCO shares. yeay.

Report this comment
#24) On March 06, 2012 at 4:27 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

almost forgot this one ...

Report this comment
#25) On March 06, 2012 at 4:27 PM, mhy729 (32.47) wrote:

:D

Report this comment
#26) On March 06, 2012 at 4:33 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

-------------------

#22) On December 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM, checklist34 (99.78) wrote:
hey porte, dscod, the most volatile stock in the world?

ATPG is about 3% of my holdings right now, I refuse to sell any shares until 2011, but can do so jan 3rd.

I am 20% cash so I can buy some Discovery labs.  Wheres a link to a good thread on those guys?

-------------------

(from here)

 

new theme for the formerly most volatile stock in the world ...

Report this comment
#27) On March 06, 2012 at 4:34 PM, rofgile (99.30) wrote:

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/fda-approves-surfaxin-for-prevention-of-respiratory-distress-syndrome-20120306-01489

-Rof 

Report this comment
#28) On March 06, 2012 at 4:43 PM, rofgile (99.30) wrote:

After Hours: 4.94 +1.19 (31.73%)

Report this comment
#29) On March 06, 2012 at 4:43 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

 

Report this comment
#30) On March 06, 2012 at 6:39 PM, rhallbick (99.64) wrote:

was C.  now A.  huge spike in price & volume in early afternoon.  the word was out.  RH

Report this comment
#31) On March 06, 2012 at 7:34 PM, HarryCarysGhost (99.68) wrote:

Congrats to all the DSCO faithful unfortunately I was always in category A. $5.70 at last check.

Cheers.

Report this comment
#32) On March 06, 2012 at 7:46 PM, SultanOfSwing (97.53) wrote:

I feel sorry for the Fs and Gs (if those are in fact short positions).  Having said that, zz and porte, you guys rocked it out on this one!

Report this comment
#33) On March 07, 2012 at 4:13 AM, BuildingWings (< 20) wrote:

I have a few hundred shares, but I still don't know how to value it now that it's approved.  Any input on valuation? 

Report this comment
#34) On March 07, 2012 at 8:31 AM, rofgile (99.30) wrote:

If both Surfaxin is approved (for at least some uses - there are other markets that could still open for uses) and Afectair is being manufactured and sold...

Bull-side: 

I think I could value DSCO as a $300 million market cap.  Just throwing that out there.  That would equal $9-ish / share at current share amounts, or could be $7-ish if they sell some shares to take advantage of the higher prices. 

Bear-side:

 Low on cash, could dilute much further.  Then $5 could be a fair price for $300 million market cap.  Also, it will take a while before they make their product, sell their product, and get into the market share that surfaxin targets.   

 -Rof 

Report this comment
#35) On March 07, 2012 at 8:44 AM, rofgile (99.30) wrote:

Here is a link to the FDA release too: FDA

Report this comment
#36) On March 07, 2012 at 11:08 AM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

now 80000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $3.01.

Report this comment
#37) On March 07, 2012 at 11:16 AM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

now 95000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $3.22.

Report this comment
#38) On March 07, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Nickalisk (41.63) wrote:

Is it just me or was that a terribly anticlimactic closing price?

 

How in the heck did they price in approval so low? 

Report this comment
#39) On March 07, 2012 at 4:21 PM, portefeuille (99.59) wrote:

now 90000 DSCO shares in the fund with break-even of around $3.14.

The trades are posted here.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement