Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

portefeuille (99.66)

electricity

Recs

16

October 28, 2011 – Comments (17)

I just (around 6:30 am over here) got an electric shock (220 V over here) and am not sure what effect that has on the quality of my "stock picking". I touched a lamp in my bathroom that I had been too lazy to repair or replace (my temporary solution of bending the cables away from the hot light bulb that had burned away parts of their insulation was obviously non-optimal). I am quite awake now though ...

Had the shock been lethal I would have left you with my "fund" being up around 50% since its initiation had it not been for the non-beneficial effects of those DSCO shares and put option hedges ...

I think I will interpret this as a sign (hehe) to finally make a few visits to doctors that I should have made a few years ago (cardiologist (pulmonary valve insufficiency), dermatologist (I should go every 6 months and last went about a decade ago ...), gastroenterologist (Barrett's oesophagus, (I should go every 12 months and last went about 5 years ago ...)), otolaryngologist (allergies), ...). I did not skip the dentist ...

And maybe I will take a little vacation (I should go every 12 months and last went about 5 years ago ...). So if there are no "fund trades" I am either terminally ill or on vaction ...

 

17 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On October 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

either terminally ill or on vaction ...

I might be both.

Report this comment
#2) On October 28, 2011 at 1:26 AM, CCharing (89.11) wrote:

I hope you get well soon, friend.

Had it been a radioactive spider you might have acquired super powers, but maybe the shocked increased your IQ...

Perhaps by the time you return the "fund" will be +50% without exclusions! 

 

 

Report this comment
#3) On October 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM, CCharing (89.11) wrote:

Also, often I find your frankness (or is it bluntness?) humorous hehe

Report this comment
#4) On October 28, 2011 at 1:53 AM, anchak (99.83) wrote:

Take care!

Report this comment
#5) On October 28, 2011 at 7:06 AM, dessex (< 20) wrote:

feel better, port.  remember what b. dylan says---

"nothing's better, nothing's best; take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!" 

Report this comment
#6) On October 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM, GNUBEE (25.25) wrote:

Notice: Porte will be down for maintenance.

We appreciate your patience while we work to perform routine but neglegted upkeep. We currently do not have a defined time when Porte will be brought back on line.

(everyone's just been notified, so you're good to go)

Report this comment
#7) On October 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM, ContraryDude (34.97) wrote:

Everyone needs a little whack upside the head now and then!  Sounds like you are taking some good steps to ensure that you will be able to enjoy all those nice gains in your port!

Best wishes. I look forward to your return to CAPS, whenever that is.

Report this comment
#8) On October 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM, eldemonio (98.81) wrote:

I'm looking for a terminal vacation.

Report this comment
#9) On October 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Starfirenv (< 20) wrote:

The last time I got zapped by 220v, I got an erection that lasted more than 4 hours. I didn't call a doctor-  I called my friends.  Luckily I had a nurse nearby.

Report this comment
#10) On October 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Euro247 (33.76) wrote:

Replace the lamp!!!

So what is your take on DSCO these days? the next three months should see some major moves to the (hopefully) upside no?

Report this comment
#11) On October 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Momentum21 (96.14) wrote:

Perhaps the "wake-up call" we all need every so often... : ) I will keep an eye on your picks to see if I notice any inconsistencies. 

Report this comment
#12) On October 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

chansons camistocks pour le week-end.

 

 

 

Report this comment
#13) On October 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM, binve (< 20) wrote:

Take care porte!

No more shocks :) I was an electrician's assistant as a job while in college and I got shocked on a 480 V Bus Panel (pulling fish tape through some conduit and the panel was not shut off, even though we were told it was). It was a nasty shock, could have easily been lethal if I was less fortunate.

Hope the doctor visits go well!

Report this comment
#14) On October 29, 2011 at 5:29 AM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

 

Report this comment
#15) On October 29, 2011 at 6:06 AM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?"

 

 

 

Report this comment
#16) On October 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

Report this comment
#17) On October 29, 2011 at 7:51 AM, portefeuille (99.66) wrote:

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement