this must be one of the strangest statements I have seen from any "business leader":
On June 08, 2009, at 6:07 PM, TMFTomG wrote:
TravelingMel, thanks for the comment. Scroll up and read a few of my notes...including the one posted right above yours. I understand your issue. And we need to do a better job of explaining ourselves. And so I am NOW committed to writing an article that explains our business to all Fools. But suffice to say that if "TravelingMel" is not a paying member of one of our membership services, we are losing money on "TravelingMel" today, tomorrow, next week, month and year...and right now, second by second, as our servers carry the weight of your clicks around the site. What you see at the end of the articles and in some of our email communications is what allows us to offer our services, which include 50+ free articles that demand training, research, editing, web design, web publishing, et cetera (i.e. not cheap). I hope when this is known across Fooldom it will be clear why we do what we do...and that you will feel gratitude that you get 99% of all of your editorial free of capital cost, free of promotion, free of anything but insight, analysis, and education (with a few jokes here or there). That remaining 1% is a typically gentle mention of a relevant service that will help us pay for tomorrow, next month, next year, and next decade. I hope you can endure the one percent of non-cash cost (promotion) in exchange for the 99 percent of free-ness. Foolish best and thanks for posting!
(from the comment section of this post)
I am "bewildered" ...
okay, maybe a mixture of amusement and disbelief.