Epic Winning Streak Ends.
We all recognize winning, and even more so winning streaks. Consecutive Super Bowls are rare. UConn's women's 90 win basketball streak is amazing. According to wikipedia, Jahangir Khan won 555 consecutive squash matches from 1981 unitl 1986.
When an almost 100 year winning streak comes to an end, it should not end without recognition for the dethroned and fan fare and celebration for the new victors.
I would like to take this moment to congratulate the Pharmaceutical Industry for ending the nearly one hundred year reign of autombile accidents as the leading cause of accidental death in the United States.
That they accomplished this feat while doing their best to help kep us alive and after having taken an oath to finish last in this category is truly extraordinary.
Nice work fellows, and congratulations to the teams leaders.
The Top 10 Most Dangerous Rx Drugs in America
This list of brand name and generic drugs was compiled from the Drug Abuse Warning Network's (DAWN's) database of emergency room visits in 2009, including drug poisonings that lead to both deaths and survivals.
1. Xanax (alprazolam) 112,552 (benzodiazepine class)
2. OxyContin (and other oxycodone drugs) 105,214 (opiate class)
3. Vicodin (and other hydrocodone drugs) 86,258 (opiate class)
4. Methadone 63,031 (opiate class)
5. Klonopin (clonazepam) 57,633 (benzodiazepine class)
6. Ativan (lorazepam) 36,582 (benzodiazepine class)
7. Morphine drugs 31,731 (opiate class)
8. Seroquel (quetiapine) 29,436 (antipsychotic class)
9. Ambien (zolpidem) 29,127 (sedative class)
10. Valium (diazepam) 25,150 (benzodiazepine)