Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.24)

Good Luck To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recs

16

September 02, 2009 – Comments (28)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

28 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On September 02, 2009 at 2:21 PM, jason2713 (< 20) wrote:

Come on now Alstry -  I know you have more doom and gloom headlines than this garbage....POUR IT ON BIG BALLA!

Report this comment
#2) On September 02, 2009 at 2:23 PM, JerseyShoreGirl (< 20) wrote:

Letter from Former Procter & Gamble Exec


Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America 's true living legends- an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the worlds highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does  business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering. " Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years,  made corporate history.


                         AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

                     Dear President Obama:

                  You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

                  You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.                 

                  You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and you upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.    

                  You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

                  You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

                  You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

                  You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

                  You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

                  You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

                  You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

                  You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

                  You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

                  You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that  lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

                  You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

                  You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

                  You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

                  You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

                  You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

                  You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

                  You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

                  Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

                                     Lou Pritchett

 TRUE - CHECK:   http://www.snopes. com/politics/ soapbox/youscare me.asp


 This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.

Big surprise. Since it hit the Internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits.

Keep it going..

Report this comment
#3) On September 02, 2009 at 2:32 PM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

#2 - Brilliant! Thank you for the link.

Report this comment
#4) On September 02, 2009 at 3:08 PM, alstry (36.24) wrote:

The above is nonsense in my opinion....focus on the facts.

Report this comment
#5) On September 02, 2009 at 3:19 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

#2 - Get lost

John,

Thanks for forwarding the below letter titled “Obama You Scare Me,” by Lou Pritchett, former CEO of Proctor & Gamble.

I find it intriguing that he managed to include in one letter, virtually every anti-Obama cliché ever uttered. I respectfully submit my rebuttal below. My responses appear in blue type following each of his contentions.

Your old friend,
Carl

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

John, if he’s just NOW getting scared, methinks Mr. Pritchett must have slept through the entire Bush administration. It is Bush who ignored laws passed by Congress by attaching “signing statements” to laws that UNLAWFULLY claimed that he would not be bound the very laws he just signed. Bush even dismantled the 400-year-old tradition of habeas corpus. If the “decider” decided that an American citizen was an “enemy combatant,” that person was “disappeared” just like people in other dictatorial countries.

Robert Parry, who broke many of the Iran-Contra stories in the 1980s for the Associated Press and Newsweek, and currently the editor of ConsortiumNews.com, has written “Neck Deep - - The Disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush.” Obviously, I can’t include his entire list of unconstitutional, extra-legal, unauthorized actions or all of the 900+ lies that Bush told to Congress and the American people - - all confirmed and verified - - but, John, please allow me to list just a few key milestones along the disastrous journey Robert Parry mentions in “Neck Deep.”

Saddam's ties to Al Queda: There never were any. The claim is a complete distortion of the truth.

Chem.. & Bio Weapons: We know Saddam had and used these prior to Gulf war I. Why? WE gave him the means to make them. The weapons inspectors and CIA reports all stated there was no evidence Saddam still possessed these weapons.

Saddam's Nuclear program: What existed was dismantled after Gulf War I. But that didn’t disqualify their previous existence brought forward from the past tense to the present tense from serving as a humdinger of a scare factor.

The War would be a cakewalk: Obviously it hasn't been, largely due to the totally stupid assumptions Bush & Rummy made that were based on total ignorance of the culture AND an equally deadly dismissal of our own generals’ advice.

Iraq as a model for Democracy: The shabbiest and most overused “reason for invading Iraq” since the WMD and Al Queda claims were proven to be bogus. The issue here is that there are many, many brutal dictatorship's in the world, John, and to think that we would send 100,000 troops to a foreign land to "liberate" a nation is just plain gullible.


You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

To claim that both Honolulu newspapers conspired to run birth announcements for Obama in anticipation that he was a one-man “sleeper cell” who would be “anointed” president some day defies logic. Besides, how many Hawaii officials does it take to prove its legitimacy? Even the respected factcheck.org has examined it!

To quote:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.”

Update, Nov. 1, 2008: The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31that Obama was born in Honolulu.

Not to mention, John, I bet ten bucks to a donut that previous GOP presidents have a few skeletons in their closets that should have caused Mr. Pritchett to proclaim the same “...I know nothing about [them either].”


For instance, I’m sure Mr. Pritchett didn’t realize that Ronald Reagan became a viable political entity with the help of the entertainment conglomerate, MCA. Reagan signed a waiver when he was President of the Screen Actors’ Guild that allowed MCA production division to negotiate with “talent agency” side of the company and the actors it represented as their agent ...a blatant conflict of interest.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

Mr. Pritchett must not have ever heard about scholarships. Like all the blacks and Hispanics who attend ivy league colleges must be the results of conspiracies. Did he have the same reservations about General Colin Powell? Or, Secretary of State Colin Powell? Probably not.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

Tell that to all the diplomat’s kids who grow up in other countries...and, who go on to become active in our State Department activities themselves.

Or, tell that to the hundreds of thousands of military brats who grew up in countries where their fathers were stationed.


Sheesh, the level of ethnocentrism and unbridled chauvinism of this guy is truly barf-inducing. Going overseas, according to him, must be enough to cancel out any right to call oneself an American. I can just hear him say, “GAWD NO! We sure don’t want to learn about other cultures ...so when we go to war, as we did in Iraq, we will be guaranteed to totally misconstrue their willingness to accept us with open arms.”

For heaven’s sake, John, I’m just a regular American citizen who has read only briefly about the Iraqi culture. And, EVEN I knew that Bush and Rumsfeld were wrong when they said the Iraqi people would accept us with open arms. These bozos lived on another planet and there are umpteen gazillion former generals who quit military service because of their vociferous disagreement with Bush & Co. They tried to tell BushCo that they were wrong-headed to think Iraqis would welcome us into their country.

No doubt, that naïve notion is the reason Bush & Rumsfeld didn’t think it was important to guard the warehouse with 400 tons of C-4 explosives (that are currently being used to blow up our soldiers) ...and, no doubt, that’s also the reason Bush & Rumsfeld thought it was a good idea to dismiss en masse the entire Iraqi army (against Pentagon advice) and send them home along WITH THEIR DAMN WEAPONS! Yeah, that was a good idea. So, I for one, am thankful that Obama DOES have a multicultural understanding of the world and its various countries ...especially those that are Islamic. We sure as hell can’t afford to have the level of incompetence and rampant ethnocentrism that has been in play during most of the Bush administration.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

Well, neither had John McCain, but the GOP wanted HIM to run the country. And, look at who they wanted to be VP!

Not to mention, if you look at the string of failing businesses George W. Bush left in his wake, how can you claim that HE ever met a payroll? A couple of W’s businesses had to be bailed out with gifts (not loans) from Daddy’s good friend, the head of the Saudi National Bank - - if THAT doesn’t make Mr. Pritchett scared, then his heart needs to be checked to see if it is still beating.


You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

For the record, neither did George W. Bush. He was in a rich boys’ National Guard Unit and nobody ever DID collect the $10,000,000 reward that was offered to produce paperwork that verified he was ever even THERE. (His records mysteriously had disappeared!)

Nobody in the unit to which he supposedly belonged even knew the guy! Never had met him. And if military service is a requirement for government service, then what about the FULLY 96% of the top-most echelon of the Bush administration who never served in the military? Rumsfeld? NOPE. Karl Rove? NOPE. Wolfowitz, Feith, Perle, etc.? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE and not a chance! What a bunch of BS, to claim military service is necessary when the entire previous administration was made up of rich kids who bought their deferments. ME??? I SERVED IN VIETNAM! And, as for Kerry’s service ...to hear the Republicans, tell it, you’d think that getting SHOT didn’t qualify Kerry for any more credit than if he had played pinball at the local pool hall; much less count as patriotism. Selective perception Mr. Pritchett? Hmmmmm???? I think so.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

What? This is such a blatant opinion that is based on no empirical evidence it doesn’t even warrant a comment. Who, pray tell, defines “class;” and, without specific examples of Obama blaming others, it’s a bit difficult to respond further.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

Being on a task force to improve education at the same time as the President of the University of Chicago doesn’t equate to “hanging with terrorists” unless you accuse the University President of the same thing. The supposed “terrorist” was an anti-Vietnam War Protestor - - just like I was after I came back convinced that war wasn’t winnable and was only about the oil under the Gulf of Tonkin. So, I must be a terrorist by Mr. Pritchett’s criteria. And, I STILL think it was a stupid, unnecessary war that was initiated with the help of lies. (None of our ships were actually attacked...it was a ruse ...a faked circumstance to panic congress into granting permission to wage war. Just like we were panicked into rushing into the Iraqi war.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

So, let’s see if I understand: Mr. Pritchett doesn’t think using 900 + lies to maneuver America into an unnecessary war isn’t something that we might want to acknowledge. It’s not like simply denying it is going to let us “slip that big elephant into the room” without anyone in other countries noticing. Sometimes admitting the obvious adds to one’s credibility, Mr. Pritchett! And world-wide polls demonstrate that such admissions have increased America’s credibility!

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

Mr. Pritchett must have a short memory because he’s obviously forgotten that it was National Socialism - - Hitler’s party - - that promoted the belief that government controlled by private industry is the best of all possible governments. Allowing the private sector to dominate is called ...mom, lessee, now. What did Mussolini call it? Oh, I know, he called that fascism. In fact, he used corporatism and fascism interchangeably.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

Yeah, and Mr. Pritchett claims that we’ll lose our “free choice of doctors.” I pay hundreds of dollars monthly for privately run health insurance. And, guess what?! I can’t choose any doctor I want. I’m TOLD what doctor to go to. But, my neighbor who is on Medicare? He gets to choose any doctor he wants, no restrictions.

So, this point is just scare-mongering. In fact, even after paying hundreds of dollars every month, my wife’s surgery and hospital stay was rejected and we now owe more than $120,000 in medical bills. And, THAT’S AFTER ACTUALLY HAVING PRIVATELY OPERATED HEALTH INSURANCE!


You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

Pardon me, Mr. Pritchett, but T. Boone Pickens, who knows a lot about oil availability here in the US, said that you folks who claim that we can become energy independent by drilling the oil that is available in America are DELUSIONAL! That’s Pickens’ own word. Pickens said that we only have 5% of all available oil but we use 25% of the oil consumed. That’s why he said the “drill, baby, drill” folks are being dishonest when they imply it would make a difference to up our own domestic oil production.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

Pardon me again, Mr. Pritchett, but using that logic, you would probably call the “father of capitalism,” Adam Smith, himself, a socialist. Guess what! Even HE said capitalism needs regulations. Without regulations and oversight by the government, Smith says it would destroy itself.

Let’s face it: we already have seen what “self regulation” can do: it DID destroy the goose that laid the golden egg. Not the regulators. Not by a long shot. Even Alan Greenspan admits that he was wrong to assume that capitalists will regulate themselves. I ask you, Mr. Pritchett: Would YOU be the first little boy to STOP taking candy from the dish when there were no rules telling you to “be polite?” I doubt it. You would be just as greedy as the ding butts who were told that the bubble was dangerously close to bursting because of the lack of regulation and oversight for the laws that were actually on the books. Bush even fired one of his own SEC chairmen because he tried to fine a couple of Wall Street companies who were caught posting transactions after the markets closed. Even those who tried to regulate the laws on the books were fired for their trouble.


You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You have the audacity to say that BANKS are being intimidated? After two solid decades of bribing congress and helping to author bills designed to loosen regulations ...after Bush & Obama BOTH having given the banks a total of $14 Trillion in bailout money? Who’s intimidating whom?

SURPRISE FACT: today, August 2, 2009, only 3% of those funds have been invested in shoring up the credit market by being made available for loans - - the very purpose the funds were meant to accomplish. Mr. Pritchett, even little old HAYSEED KANSAS BOY Carl Williams could see that nothing good was going to come from variable rate mortgage loans; or balloon payment loans. If I could see that trouble was brewing, then why the hell didn’t the bankers see it? They didn’t want to stop taking money from the suckers because they knew that the FDIC and/or the government in general would see that they “were too big to fail” so they didn’t have to worry about the consequences of their greedy behavior.

So, I ask again, Mr. Pritchett, whom is intimidating whom? That argument just doesn’t fly, my friend. At least not with anyone with an ounce of common sense, it doesn’t.


You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

I don’t know if you noticed, but even a couple of former GOP Treasury Secretaries and Alan Greenspan, himself, are going along with the current attempts to shore up the hole in our ship of state that the bankers themselves blew in the bottom. Your comment is nothing more than propagandistic jingoism.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

Like the bankers who got us into this mess are intelligent. Please...

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

It sounds like the kettle calling the pot black. Your attitude throughout this letter has been that of a two-bit know-it-all.


You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

Mr. Pritchett must not watch Fox News, my friend. If THAT is a free pass, then I guess Mr. Pritchett must think that Joseph Goebbels was the German version of Captain Kangaroo.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

If you think those “intellectual giants” actually are worthy of consideration, then I have some ocean front property here in Kansas I want to talk to you about, Mr. Pritchett.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

But, yet, you seem to want private industry to be in control of government. I think we’ve already seen what kind of fiasco can come from that formula. Let’s see ...fascist Germany, fascist Italy, American economic melt-down circa 2008...that’s what happens when private industry controls things and there are no regulations to stop them from looting the pockets of the rest of us.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Mr. Pritchett, I think that given the encroaching power of the military industrial complex and its puppeteers, the international oil companies, not even Obama can stop the systematic destruction that’s happening to our constitution. Obama said the US should stop its military support and aid to Honduras because of the illegal coup. Did that take place? Nope. He said we’d be out of Iraq. Will that ever happen? Nope. Did Obama deliver the open government he promised when he was elected? I guess since his Justice Department lawyers were using the same arguments before the Supreme Court in regard to illegal torture and who authorized it, who participated, etc., I guess the answer again is, “Nope.” Obama doesn’t have the authority. It’s above his pay grade. So, yes, I agree: it may, indeed, be risky to write openly about our concerns.

Lou Pritchett
Former CEO
Proctor & Gamble

According to Mr. Pritchett, this letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it. Big surprise.

Even The New York Times can occasionally smell a pile of BS. That’s saying something since the NYT didn’t smell nary a whiff of BS when it served as THE official US stenographic service that transmitted to the American public the lies the Bush administration cranked out non-stop during the build-up to the invasion of Iraq.

Given their own role in perpetrating misinformation to the public, it must be especially irking to Mr. Pritchett that the NYT didn’t even acknowledge his letter, much less print it.

This rebuttal respectfully submitted by:
Carl

P.S. I welcome any comments and corrections of any facts I may have included above. Please include the web sites and sources for the facts that are offered in response.

Report this comment
#6) On September 02, 2009 at 3:22 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

Forgot the link

Report this comment
#7) On September 02, 2009 at 3:32 PM, 100ozRound (29.44) wrote:

To quote: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.”

 

Umm...the photo of the "original" Birth Certificate in that link is fishy.  I was born in 1974 and all the fields on my original birth certificate were filled out by hand... not by computer.  Are you telling me that technology in 1961 was better than it was in 1974?  or am I missing something?

Report this comment
#8) On September 02, 2009 at 3:35 PM, lquadland10 (< 20) wrote:

You meen all the CFR Members? Hillary Obama and Chaney. Oh and Chaney and Obame are 8th cousins and Chaney and Bush are 8th cousins. Its all in the Family. The real power brokers watch
Rockefeller CFR Member.

Report this comment
#9) On September 02, 2009 at 3:41 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

100ozRound (99.86) wrote: I was born in 1974 and all the fields on my original birth certificate were filled out by hand... not by computer.  Are you telling me that technology in 1961 was better than it was in 1974?  or am I missing something?

Yes. Ever heard of a typewriter?

Report this comment
#10) On September 02, 2009 at 3:41 PM, lquadland10 (< 20) wrote:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137294/Bill_giving_Obama_power_to_shut_Web_takes_on_new_tone

Network World - The second draft of a Senate cybersecurity billappears to tone down language that would grant President Obama the power to shut down the Internet.

The Senate bill, first introduced in April by Sen. John Rockefeller (D-W. Va.), still includes language that gives Obama the authority to direct responses to cyberattacks and declare a cyber emergency.

The bill also gives the president 180 days, as opposed to one year outlined in the bill's first draft, to implement a cybersecurity strategy from the day the bill is passed, which for now could be a long way off.

But the language in the first draft of the bill, which has yet to make it out of Rockefeller's Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and

 

Report this comment
#11) On September 02, 2009 at 3:46 PM, 100ozRound (29.44) wrote:

That is not standard typeface.  That looks to me like it came out of a laser printer....

Report this comment
#12) On September 02, 2009 at 3:54 PM, schlottman (< 20) wrote:

A hearty Bravo to blake303!  Well done, and thank you for your patriotism.  You point out what is brought forth in the name of country still needs be considered as to whether it really serves our country before it garners our support!  You have done what I have wanted to do for a long time in cronicling the hypocricy running rampant and I appreciate your efforts to do so.

Report this comment
#13) On September 02, 2009 at 3:54 PM, StrongTrader (< 20) wrote:

No content alstry? I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a day that a lot of people have been looking forward to !

Report this comment
#14) On September 02, 2009 at 3:59 PM, GNUBEE (24.82) wrote:

100oz, that is not "the" birth cert. It is a "Copy". - What you get when you ask the state for one.

It's even dated 2007. Good eyes though, many would'nt even question it 

Report this comment
#15) On September 02, 2009 at 4:06 PM, 100ozRound (29.44) wrote:

So if it's a copy - which it obviously is - how is that considered an original?  I read throught the link and it talks about a short form birth certificate and a long form birth certificate.  The latter of which includes things like parent's addresses and birth weight etc.

The certificate included here is the short form which is drawn from a database with fewer details.  I can't see how this can be considered an original?!

I'm sure this topic has been debated before...so I won't beat an obviously dead horse...

Report this comment
#16) On September 02, 2009 at 4:10 PM, russiangambit (29.37) wrote:

I take an issue that somebody is unAmerican if they didn't grow up in the US. May be only in the respect that such a person has richer view of the world and not is easily brainwashed.

Now , back to the "good luck" post. Is 9.09 tomorrow or something?

Report this comment
#17) On September 02, 2009 at 4:17 PM, mawnck (< 20) wrote:

Well, alstry, I hope you've learned your lesson, and will think twice before posting anything as controversial as

"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"

on your Caps blog. Just look at all the craziness it's stirred up!

+1 on the props to blake303, and my sincere scorn ridicule and pity to all y'all looney birthers. Stupidity can never solve a national crisis, regardless of which side it originates from.

Report this comment
#18) On September 02, 2009 at 4:18 PM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

Carl,

 

I am of the opinion that George W. Bush’s administration made a number of enormous mistakes. And the biggest was jumping on the first opportunity to take revenge on behalf of his father against Saddam Hussein. Texas justice does not play well on the world stage there Georgie. I am also of the opinion that Barak H. Obama has and will continue to make enormous mistakes. And the biggest one so far has to do with this whole healthcare reform. He likes to think he has us convinced he is looking out for the little guy. I cry B.S. to that! He is out to make the health insurance companies pay because he believes one of them raked his grandmother over the coals in her diminishing years. The path he is currently on will not lead him to a second term in office.

 

The defining actions taken by both men are comprised of nothing more than hubris. Hubris has given us an international black eye. Hubris has us fighting two wars basically on our own. Hubris has recruited tens of thousands of disenfranchised Islamic men to fight against us. Hubris has is 9 trillion dollars in the hole. Hubris drives the belief the government is the cure for all your ills. Hubris has caused us to surrender our liberties for supposed security.

 

In 2012 this country will vote in a different president. Mr. Obama has quickly bitten the hands of the voters and special interest groups that pushed him into the big chair. Bridges are being burned and the people are angry. Instead of Hope and Change we have served steaming piles of disillusionment and business as usual.

 

Cato

 

 

Report this comment
#19) On September 02, 2009 at 4:25 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

 schlottman - Thanks, but I did not write the piece which is why I included the link. My patriotism is merely a copy & paste job of a rebuttal that I largely agreed with.

Report this comment
#20) On September 02, 2009 at 4:27 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

Cato - I'm not Carl. But I bet he would think you sound as ridiculous as I do.

Report this comment
#21) On September 02, 2009 at 4:32 PM, booyahh (< 20) wrote:

"I was born in 1974 and all the fields on my original birth certificate were filled out by hand... not by computer.  Are you telling me that technology in 1961 was better than it was in 1974?  or am I missing something?"

I was born in 1973 and my birth certificate was not filled out by hand. It was filled in by an electric typewriter (or a regular one, I can't tell the difference).

Report this comment
#22) On September 02, 2009 at 4:35 PM, kamuirei (< 20) wrote:

I started to type a rebuttal, but there's no point to try and argue against opinions with facts.  Thus, I see your opinion and counter it with my own.

Lou Pritchett's opinion is a load of crap, cheers!

Report this comment
#23) On September 02, 2009 at 4:38 PM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

blake303,

And how rediculous would that be?

Cato

Report this comment
#24) On September 02, 2009 at 4:52 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

Not Alstry ridiculous, but very ridiculous nonetheless.

Report this comment
#25) On September 02, 2009 at 5:07 PM, ElCid16 (96.90) wrote:

Somebody throw Lou Pritchett in the loony bin with Limbaugh and Beck...That whole "living legend" paragraph was taken straight off his public speaking advertisement page - really.  Maybe I can advertise my public speaking skills on a random webpage, label myself a "living legend," and get you jokers to covet everything I say too.

Also straight off his public speaking advertising webpage:

"Lou Pritchett boldly engineered an adventuresome partnership between two corporate titans. Lou Pritchett talked Sam Walton, the founder and chairman of Wal-Mart, into getting into a canoe to ride the rapids of the South Fork of the Spring River in Arkansas. By the end of that white water ride, these two visionaries had agreed to change the way America did business, partnering Sam Walton and Wal-Mart. In 1989, Lou retired from his post at P&G to spread the "Gospel of Change.""

(In the voice of Stewie Griffin) What?  Huh?  What does that even mean?  He partnered Sam Walton and Wal-Mart?  What?  Anybody want to admit they actually hired this guy as a public speaker?  Anybody?  This guy is famous for "boldly engineering" a canoe ride.  I mean, if you had him speak at your graduation, you could claim that a guy who "boldly engineered" a canoe ride spoke at your graduation.  You could actually swap out "Lou Pritchett talked Sam Walton...into getting into a canoe" with "Lou Pritchett talked Sam Walton...into sharing a sleeping bag" and it really doesn't get much weirder.

Report this comment
#26) On September 02, 2009 at 6:50 PM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

Who better to hawk P&G toilet paper than an asswipe like Pritchett?

Report this comment
#27) On September 02, 2009 at 9:21 PM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

#24 - Alstry drives me up the wall at times, but I have grown to respect the guy. So to be mentioned in the same sentence as him is not so bad. Thanks for the backhanded complement.

Report this comment
#28) On September 03, 2009 at 12:17 AM, blake303 (29.30) wrote:

That's sad, but whatever floats your boat. You're welcome.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement