Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Gurus, Paid Liars, Cheerleaders and Fools: Stock Analysts & General Motors & Ford

Recs

11

August 06, 2008 – Comments (4) | RELATED TICKERS: GM , F

Not all lawyers are bad, it is just the 98% that make the other 2% look bad. The same can/should be said about stock analysts. j/k, sort of?

I have  written about my contempt for stock analysts before, but Karen De Coster and Eric Englund do an outstanding job here

This is one of the best write ups on Stock Analysts, Ford and GM, that I have read recently here.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/decoster/decoster133.html 

Hat tip to Gary North for the link. 

General Motors and the Intellectual and Moral Bankruptcy of Wall Street

by Karen De Coster and Eric Englund 

4 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On August 06, 2008 at 11:16 PM, oldfashionedway (35.53) wrote:

 

Ares,

 Thanks for the post. Good link. 

 

A layman's guide to understanding analysts' gibberish:

"Outperform" / "BUY" - They're lying.  (They probably have a few million shares they need to dump.)

"Underperform" / "SELL" - They're lying.  (They are planning to accumulate a significant position in the stock and are trying to knock down their purchase price 10% to 20%.)

"Marketperform" / "HOLD" - They haven't got a clue!   (This is as close as an analyst gets to telling the TRUTH...   Posssibly the safest time to open a long position in the stock.)

Just kidding, sort of?

Report this comment
#2) On August 07, 2008 at 1:35 AM, AnomaLee (28.50) wrote:

Wall Street analysts are like a barren tree that has a few remaining fruits remaining to be perched.

Report this comment
#3) On August 07, 2008 at 11:37 AM, abitare (33.78) wrote:

oldfashionedway

Yep, that is a good way to translate it.

AnomaLee

That is how I see it. 

Report this comment
#4) On August 07, 2008 at 1:35 PM, dwot (72.18) wrote:

Excellent. 

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement