Halloween at the Fool
Well, I've been a bad blogger. I've been swamped here between earnings and CFA studying. But, I thought a Fool Halloween recap was appropriate, as was a discussion on Synovus and USMO.
Halloween - Apparently, everyone wears their costumes to work at the Fool on Halloween. Not that I think I'll wear one next year, but I can say I felt kind of silly being part of the minority of Fools not dressed up. Favorite costumes included:
- MikeO as Jim Cramer. Spot on, I tell ya.
- Lou, Andy, Jill, and Claire as...I don't know what they were. I think it had something to do with some fashion show. All I know is that Lou looked she had stumbled in from a high school slumber party and the others were all snappily dressed. Anyway, I'm not sure if it makes me more or less cool that I didn't get the group costume.
- Jesse came as Little Caesar. Loved that one.
- Rich G came as Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn from the Major League movies. That was a very good one.
- Bro probably had the best costume. I'll just say it involved "a wide stance".
Synovus - Well, Synovus announced the spin off and the spread/discount on the banking and TSS portions of total value still hasn't disappeared. I'm scratching my head. Is the market really so blind? I think, in this case, Mr. Market has totally taken his eye off the ball.
Google - I wrote a commentary earlier this week on how Google is the World's Scariest Stock. Amazingly, Google is up since then. I thought I had more clout than that...?
USMO - Looking forward into digging into the USMO release when I get some time today. Kinda fun looking at a company and saying "Okay, how long will it be before these guys run aground?" I'm loosely ballparking the market thinks they have 5 years in them, with a possible upside component. I'll report back with thoughts tomorrow.