Having Fun With My Critics
Let's start this hit parade with a segment I like to call "Questions that Quickly Silence a Room Full of Obama Supporters."
1. What exactly was Abdulrahman Al-Aulaqi guilty of?
2. What particular aspect of the Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973, which gave us the health care system in place prior to ObamaCare, was a failure?
3. Why did defense spending rise from 2008-2010, when Democrats controlled both Congress and the Presidency?
4. Why is Guantanomo Bay still open?
5. What is the NDAA?
Up next is Fun with Austrian School Critics:
1. Before you insist that we are just a bunch of crackpots, coherently explain a single Austrian School economics concept.
2. Often the Austrian School is accused of promoting impractical and unrealistic ideas. However, given that mainstream economics uses unrealistic concepts, such as Perfect Competition, as their starting points for analysis, why is the Austrian's causal-realist approach less practical?
3. Given that the most encompassing empirical study of depressions ever conducted showed no link between deflation and economic depressions, why do you continue to insist that deflation causes depressions?
4. Given that there are no constants in economic science, why does the method of mainstream economics pretend they exist?
5. How does one objectively quantify utility?
Our next topic is called Questions Whose Answers Will Annoy Me Because Republicans Never Fail To Tote the Party Line:
1. Ronald Reagan is often held up as an example (diety) of a successful small government Presidency. Why did government grow under his stewardship? In nominal terms, government spending rose 60% under his 8 yr tenure. As a percent of national income, it grew 3% over Carter's final year. The Dept of Education saw its budget double. He never cut a single budget! (His cuts were the Paul Ryan-style "cuts in spending increases", not actual cuts.) Gross Federal Debt tripled under his administration. His so-called tax cutting ways are also a myth (though he was not the tax hiker Democrats claim either.) As a percentage of national income, tax revenue under Reagan decreased from 25.1% to 24.7%. Excuse me while I give a "golf clap." So what exactly did Ronald Reagan do to deserve his status as the Champion of Small Government?
2. In exactly what way was Mitt Romney more electable than Ron Paul?
3. Mitt Romney's approach to ObamaCare was something called "Repeal & Replace." Exactly what was going to Replace it?
4. In Crisis and Leviathan, Robert Higgs detailed case after historical case where government used a crisis to expand its powers, yet never receeded power to pre-crisis levels once it had passed. With this as your backdrop, why do you continue to support foreign aggression that will only lead to bigger government, while simultaneoulsy fighting big govenrment? Related: do you ever wonder if you're bi-polar?
5. The opinion molders of the Right: Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Bill O'Reilly, etc, have never displayed the ability to grasp a single fundamental economic concept. Why do you continue to listen to them?
6. In regards to defense spending, justify historical costing.
Unfortunately, I will not get crickets from this band of yo-yo's....
David in Liberty