Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.32)

hmmmm....You call this capitalism?

Recs

8

August 17, 2010 – Comments (7)

Government can borrow as much as it wants...........and the private economy is getting cut off?

GM stock and bondholders get essentially nothing as the government takes over GM yet TESLA gets a half a billion dollar government loan?

An engineer working for a private company loses his/her job but a government worker gets a raise simply because government can borrow trillions and the private employer can't?

Is there really any difference between this and any other state system?

It is not the end of the world....just the end of the world as you know it........

And now its government's money....not yours.......

7 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On August 17, 2010 at 9:26 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

As Food Prices are RISING.....walmart's same store sales are FALLING.......

yet you keep watching the ticker instead of watching what is really happening.....

Texas Prisons - Budget Shortfalls could = 7,300 Layoffs

7300?

Abercrombie & Fitch - 60 Stores

60!

Saks Incorporated Closing 5 Stores, including Plano Texas and Cali. Store

Report this comment
#2) On August 17, 2010 at 9:41 AM, floridabuilder2 (99.32) wrote:

Actually, 2011 will probably be the highest income year of my life.  You choose your own destiny.  I'm not sure how you switched from beating up SPF to your current topic?  Instead of complaining why don't you run for office and make the changes yourself.

Report this comment
#3) On August 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

My guess is a lot of people sailing on the Titanic had the highest income year of their life as they boarded the ship......

My guess is a lot of people in Germany during hyperinflation had the highest income years of their lives, just before they starved to death because they could afford food.....

your point..........about your personal highest income year?

Report this comment
#4) On August 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

Sorry...I missed your 2011....I thought you were basing it on this year and what has already happend......

2011?

You may lucky to be alive in 2011.......

If you can project out to 2011 with government running a few trillion dollar deficit, our cities and states bankrupt, businesses shutting down at a record pace, unemployment skyrocketing, the military rapidly expanding its footprint just to name a few....

WOW......my suggestion is take more of what you are taking...

Report this comment
#5) On August 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM, floridabuilder2 (99.32) wrote:

My previous highest income year was 2008 when everyone was jumping out the window.  It is amazing how much private equity will pay you to do the most routine task.  That is even taking into account that both the p/e shops I worked for in late 2008 blew up and I had no job.

If I would have taken your advice I would be dead.  However, I chose to find another p/e shop or two to work for and my partner and I did our own equity raise. 

I always wondered why you were so bitter and this goes back to the endless amount of posts you put on Yahoo and probably a zillion other sites.  I don't think anyone is fooled by your talk about high level friends and normal family life.  No one with this much venom can associate with people actually trying to succeed in life.

Charity begins at home.  I wasn't born in this country and half my relatives live overseas.  I can bolt at any time.

By the way, 2010 has been an average year as far as income.  However, we have a few homes in production and each one nets me about 60% of what I made in one year working for an auto company back in 2004.  The fact that I can do almost no work and make 60% of what I made being a slave on just one home closing is why this country is great.

Report this comment
#6) On August 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Pick1es (24.86) wrote:

I love reading alstry's posts in the morning; it always brightens my day.

Report this comment
#7) On August 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

It is not about bitterness....it is about fairness and a system of laws.....

When government bails itself and Wall Street out, and cuts off credit to the private sector, the private sector dies.........

and now the private sector is dying.....and in a number of areas....dead.....

soon.....and I think sooner than you think.....this debt our government has accumulated will be called......just like the ever increasing debt of homeowners......

and right now the only reason you have the perception of success is because government is borrowing massively and spending, just like many private citizens did a few years ago.....

but once government gets cut off, there will be no safety net absent the end of a gun.......

my suggestion is you read Atlas Shrugged.......

as far a bolting.....we have the biggest gun.......they have motivation......a very volitile situation indeed.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement