Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

I am here to tick you off!!!

Recs

25

January 11, 2010 – Comments (12)

I am here to tick you off!!! Nah, just kidding. But some bloggers are. Think about it. You know them. They constant droan on about how their political point of view, investing philosophy or ability to predict the market is better than yours. Come on, you know their rhetoric fairly well by now. Why do you give them power to effect your mood? As a fully functioning adult you have the ability to control your emotions. Don't let yourself be pulled into the mud.

Cato

 

 

12 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On January 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Turfscape (44.63) wrote:

cato wrote:
"As a fully functioning adult you have the ability to control your emotions."

But when I know that I'm absolutely right, and my logic is flawless...it's really, really hard to accept that someone of the same species, with the same physical and mental functions as me can't see that I'm right, too!

Besides, sometimes, arguing is just...fun.

Report this comment
#2) On January 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM, lemoneater (67.43) wrote:

Yes, some investors have supersized egos. I assume they need to feel appreciated. I try to not let their egos get in the way of my seeing if they have something of value to say. Also some people ask the right questions in the wrong way. Too many red flag words or things said for shock value can wreck someone's credibility. I won't mention any names.

Of course, on the other hand, there appear to be some topics that will always rouse others no matter how they are presented. The existence of God for instance. Something bigger than investing is one's world view. Like a shadow it follows you wherever you go. We all believe something which ultimately affects the choices we make.

Report this comment
#3) On January 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM, FreeMortal (29.44) wrote:

Yep, I know the type.  They try to work their ideology into every post, and pepper it with inflametory and/or condescending remarks.  They are here not to make money (or help others) but to pontificate a myopic worldview.  They come off as angry and lonely.  Engaging them is a waste of time. 

"But when I know that I'm absolutely right, and my logic is flawless...it's really, really hard to accept that someone of the same species, with the same physical and mental functions as me can't see that I'm right, too!"

I'm calling Poe's Law

Report this comment
#4) On January 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Turfscape (44.63) wrote:

FreeMortal wrote:
"I'm calling Poe's Law"

 Well...at least you didn't get me on Godwin's Law. Although, I'm sure if you wait a few more posts, the forum Nazi's will start shouting us down....

Oh! Dagnabit...now I done gone and Godwinized the thread.

(add winking smiley here)

Report this comment
#5) On January 11, 2010 at 12:05 PM, motleyanimal (53.46) wrote:

"Don't let yourself be pulled into the mud."

 

Mud is the inevitable by-product of progress. Politics are unavoidable when Washington is more important than Wall Street.

We must trust the Animal Spirits. Ooga Booga!

 

Report this comment
#6) On January 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

Mud is the inevitable by-product of progress.

Agreed. Just as we went from living in homes of sticks to homes of bricks. But mud without straw makes for a weak brick. Those offering us strawless bricks or maneur substituted for mud as a building material for a home, or dialogue, should be ignored until the quality of the offerings improve.

Report this comment
#7) On January 11, 2010 at 1:00 PM, outoffocus (23.24) wrote:

Great commentary and straight to the point.  I get annoyed when I see posts asking other players not to post because it just annoys them that bad. I mean seriously, how hard is it to just ignore the headline and move to the next blog?  Is something literally pushing your eyeballs to fixate on that one headline? I can see if someone literally posts like 10 blogs up at once, spamming everything off the first page. But if you dont care for a particular blog (and you can generally tell by the headline if you are going to be interested or not) the skip it and move on to the next blog.  If you accidently click on a blog you dont like, theres a neat little invention on every browser called a "Back" button. Click on it and Whalaah! Back to the previous page.  Seriously some people just need to lighten up.

Report this comment
#8) On January 11, 2010 at 1:14 PM, ChrisGraley (29.72) wrote:

I take offense to everything that's been said!

 

;)

Report this comment
#9) On January 11, 2010 at 1:46 PM, FreeMortal (29.44) wrote:

Its not so much the annoying "hey look at me" or even the antagonistic sermon blogs, its the hijackers who invade other people's blogs and take otherwise good conversations off track. 

I don't have time to put straw in other people's mud.  Instead of bloviating about 'what should be'.  I prefer to spend my time on this site getting a better understanding of 'what is'.

 

Report this comment
#10) On January 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM, bluebare (31.68) wrote:

“Don’t let yourself be pulled into the mud…

 …unless you are a toad.  Mud makes excellent toad habitat.  For more information, see Toad Critical Habitat FAQs

“We must trust the Animal Spirits.”

I agree.  Toads are very trustworthy animals. 

“I get annoyed when I see posts asking other players not to post because it just annoys them that bad. I mean seriously, how hard is it to just ignore the headline and move to the next blog?” 

An excellent point. Warning: The discussion on animal rights found here will probably piss quite a few Members off. 

“I take offense to everything that's been said!” 

I resemble that remark.

 

 

 

Report this comment
#11) On January 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Turfscape (44.63) wrote:

By the way, can I tell all of you why you are wrong about Climate Change, Libertarianism, Socialism, Free Speech, Health Care, Regulation, Deregulation, Gold, The Fed...and the New England Patriots?

Report this comment
#12) On January 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM, DanteSparda (< 20) wrote:

I like strawberry rhubarb pie.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement