If we're going sideways then what's the point?
Seriously...If we're going sideways from now till 2012 or beyond.... Then what exactly is the point when only those who SHORT the market or play around with confusing exotic options stuff that I'll never understand.... For those of us who just want to buy and hold shares of companys we believe have a solid future at cheap prices..... What is the point of that if the entire market is going sideways to down over the long haul?
Seems to me that one has a choice.
1) Store your money in a mattress where you'll do better than the stock market.
2) Buy GOLD where you are bound to do far better than the stock market.
3) Switch to investing in the FOREX currency market where you will do better than Stock Market.
4) Flip Housing Properties or Land Properties where you will do better than investing in the Stock Market.
5) Or continue to buy and hold onto shares of stock from companys during a BEAR MARKET that's sending share prices SIDEWAYS over the long haul.
Heck even Research in Motion just dove back into the 40s again and Jim Cramer is screaming, "TAKE YOUR PROFITS" and all I can say is......huh? What profits?