Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Issuing a BUY rating on PNX...

Recs

4

October 06, 2009 – Comments (8) | RELATED TICKERS: PNX

PNX, The Phoenix Companies, Inc., a provider of life insurance and annuity products, at $3.28 today, will be going through the $5 mark in 30 days or less (minimum return of 52% in 30 days or less).

8 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On October 07, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Momentum21 (96.14) wrote:

OK, I like this one. I won't ask for a reason...but why not a STRONG BUY?

Report this comment
#2) On October 07, 2009 at 2:09 AM, awallejr (85.54) wrote:

Some one else liked this stock, unless it was you dragon lol.  I did say it had serious upside potential if its earnings come in even positive 1 cent. I did add it to my caps pick and it has been kicking ass.  I kept eyeing it for real life, but I have enough spec stock picks atm.  If someone is looking for a spec stock, this might fit the bill.

Report this comment
#3) On October 07, 2009 at 4:34 AM, checklist34 (99.69) wrote:

i bought a fair % of the traded shares the day the CEO bought shares at like $1.21 in july. 

its just another case of a company trading vastly below book value, below tangible book value, below reason.

CNO is similarly cheap (even at a higher PPS) and is as good of a "spec" play going forward.  But...  CNO is one of my largest positions and I'm not adding to it (or anything) here.

Frankly, though, my recent bearishness or, rather, lack of bullishness is...  something i'm curious about right now.  Was it the wrong play?  Last friday I was "up" on basically all of my hedges.  Not so much today. ...  

Report this comment
#4) On October 07, 2009 at 4:36 AM, checklist34 (99.69) wrote:

one thing to watch with insurers is book value.  CNO marked up fairly dramatically last quarter, PNX didn't.  PNX marks up this quarter???  if so, the shares may well rally considerably.

Report this comment
#5) On October 07, 2009 at 7:07 AM, dragonLZ (99.59) wrote:

Momentum, my STRONG BUY rating means there is a 0 chance I might be wrong, and my BUY rating means there is a 10% chance I might be wrong - usually given to all stocks below $5 :)

Report this comment
#6) On October 07, 2009 at 9:28 AM, JakilaTheHun (99.93) wrote:

Not that I disagree with your hypothesis on PKX, but these "buy rating" blogs are absolutely worthless and simply junk up the forum. You provide absolutely no rationale and it makes you come off as a stock pumper. 

Report this comment
#7) On October 07, 2009 at 12:37 PM, ChrisGraley (29.65) wrote:

I pity the person that blindly follows these picks that are without an investment theory.

Report this comment
#8) On October 07, 2009 at 12:41 PM, dragonLZ (99.59) wrote:

Jakila, I hear you...

However, I think my blogs are no worse than the ones that give you a bunch of charts and numbers, opinions, etc., just to have you lose your shirt if you follow them.

I think my blogs will be more and more relevant as people see I'm right most of the time. So far, I think I have a pretty good record (if not excellent) when it comes to my stock recommendations.

p.s. If I'm proven wrong (and it's going to take just 2 months or less), I'll stop with this "issuing a rating" nonsense...  

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement