June 2011 Pocket Change Portfolio Performance Update
The Pocket Change Portfolio (PCP) was first introduced on September 13, 2008 as a real money dividend income portfolio funded by the "pocket change" earned from my various online endeavors. Each month I report on the portfolio's progress and update its holdings.
Total dividends received during the month were $536.14, consisting of:
- $44.94 Intel Corporation (INTC)
- $44.88 ConocoPhillips (COP)
- $49.64 Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)
- $18.85 Emerson Electric Co. (EMR)
- $18.24 United Technologies Corp. (UTX)
- $55.86 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- $59.78 McDonald's Corp. (MCD)
- $15.60 Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED)
- $76.85 CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL)
- $9.20 Owens & Minor Inc. (OMI)
- $57.60 Harleysville Group Inc. (HGIC)
- $84.70 Universal Health Realty (UHT)
The following securities were purchased during the month:
- 78 Shares Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF) providing $124.80 in annual dividend income
- 32 Shares ConocoPhillips (COP) providing $84.48 in annual dividend income
- 46 Shares Genuine Parts Company (GPC) providing $82.80 in annual dividend income
Annualized Dividend IncomeIncluding the above purchases, my annual PCP dividend income is now $4,720.41 at the current dividend rates. This is up $316.68 from last month's $4,403.73 amount. The PCP has never experienced a monthly decline in annualized dividend income.
Portfolio Returns- Month: (-1.31%)
- Year-to-date: 6.18%
- Life-to-date: 15.09% (annualized)
My PCP holdings are always available by selecting the Holdings option from the menu in the header. The next PCP update will be mid-August.
Full Disclosure: Long all the aforementioned securities. See a list of all my income holdings here.
- 10 Dividend Stocks With Above Target Returns
- 5 Dividend Stocks Trading Below Fair Value
- 8 Dividend Stocks Covering Their Dividend
- 7 Low-Debt High-Rated Dividend Stocks
- 3 Styles Of Sucessful Dividend Investing