Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

getrichdietrying (82.57)

Like 9/11, I will never forget this day.

Recs

9

April 23, 2010 – Comments (17)

The governor of AZ signed in to law the most frightening thing that common sense should tell anyone who read the constitution, is illegal. 

I am a minority who is a citizen. When I moved to my local south state I asked for new ID's at the State's office, where  I was informed by what I considered at the time a moron, that I need to carry proof of citizenship at all times in the USA. She is white.

I am proud of the fact to be an American Citizen where it is not like other countries, for example: China, Vietnam, Brazil, Pakistan, All the stans', all dictatorships, all the Islamic states, Nazis Germany, old Soviet and on, on, on.....etc.

Now I consider myself as Us & Them in the US of A, and have a heavy heart as I am a U.S. Citizen without any other to call my home. 

17 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On April 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM, XMFSinchiruna (27.47) wrote:

With liberty, and justice, for some.

Report this comment
#2) On April 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM, starbucks4ever (97.24) wrote:

In Russia you always have to carry a passport with you in case the cops stop you on the street, and if you look like a Mediterranean type, they certainly will. Never happened to me in America so far. Now when / if I travel to Arizona I guess it will feel like a homecoming :)

Report this comment
#3) On April 23, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Drosan (< 20) wrote:

You are a US citizen, so why are you worried?!

The U.S. has the right to protect its laws, borders and people. We cannot allow unabated illegal immigration to continue and expect that everything will somehow miraculously work out in the end.  California and other states are sadly infested with Mexican gangs, inmates, drug dealers, etc. It's not paranoid xenophobia, it's just the fact. Do not take my word for it, research it for yourself. It is ludicrous to suggest that the US , or any other nation, does not have the right to protect it's borders and arrest and deport illegals who are breaking its laws.

I understand that it's frustrating for the legal immigrants who will be stopped and questioned because of their ethnicity, but there is no alternative. The U.S. must proactively protect it's laws, border and people or the problem will only grow out of hand, if it's not already. If you are a US citizen, which you say you are, then you have nothing to fear. If you are illegal, then you shouldn't be complaining because you shouldn't be here in the first place! If you are unhappy with this situation, then ask yourself what you can do to change it. You can always go back to your parent's country and run for office and try to improve the economy, social conditions so that your fellow citizens do not need to immigrate.

I understand that there are many good, hard working Mexican immigrants who just want a shot at a better life, but our economy cannot absorb the millions of illegal Mexicans and other nationalities who want to come live in our country without it falling apart. It's just simply impossible, for reasons I will not get into here, for any nation to maintain order, job security, personal security, education quality, etc with unabated illegal immigration.

The legislation, sent to the Republican governor by the GOP-led Legislature, makes it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It also requires local police officers to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants; allows lawsuits against government agencies that hinder enforcement of immigration laws; and makes it illegal to hire illegal immigrants for day labor or knowingly transport them. None of these measures fall outside the scope our sovereign right to protect our US citizens, laws and border.

Finally, why did you include Brazil in your list?  Brazil is a democracy!

 

Report this comment
#4) On April 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM, vriguy (72.29) wrote:

  If you don't look Anglo the police can throw you in jail unless you carry your passport! If white Americans are not required to carry a passport why do you require brown skinned ones to? It is a racist law. I'm joining the boycott of Arizona.

Report this comment
#5) On April 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Tastylunch (29.29) wrote:

:(

Report this comment
#6) On April 23, 2010 at 11:24 PM, atarigod (< 20) wrote:

What is the over/under on how long until the Supreme Court rules this law unconstitutional. I'll take the under. No way this law stands for long.

Report this comment
#7) On April 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM, getrichdietrying (82.57) wrote:

I don't care if Brazil is a democracy, what have we done as one of the fist long standing democracy, is troublesome.  

vriguy, he wrote it above, I know it will come to this.

To most of you who are American being silent, scares me even more ,as it is reminiscent of the Holocaust.  It starts at local, or state, than it might be states which is federal, scary.

The rest of the world looks at us as, asking themselves should we do the same? 

This country represents what it means to be free even with flaws, that just means responsibility. Have we benn responsible?

Report this comment
#8) On April 24, 2010 at 4:54 AM, fmahnke (90.14) wrote:

I understand your concerns with this lae and share them.  However, my question for you is simple, What is AZ to do?

Crime is out of control, people are being killed, kidnapped etc. They have asked the FEDS for help to no avail. Sholuld they just let the crime destroy the state and endanger their citizens ?

Report this comment
#9) On April 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM, RonChapmanJr (74.46) wrote:

I agree with fmahnke.  AZ has to do something, what is your alternative?

Report this comment
#10) On April 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM, getrichdietrying (82.57) wrote:

The alternative, are you both white?

Will you too, carry your proof of citizenship? There are always choices, and consequences, and solutions.

It can be found, ask Jesus. Or talk to each other. Oh but foget it, I will carry a weapon just in case.

Report this comment
#11) On April 24, 2010 at 6:05 PM, wolfman225 (63.40) wrote:

As for proof of citizenship........I always carry two forms of ID. My CDL and my SS card.  These are usually found in everyone's wallet/purse.  Also, contrary to your claim that the police can stop anyone they want because they're "brown-skinned",  it's simply not the case.  The law restricts officers' ability to check into someone's immigration status to situations where they have "reasonable suspicion" that they are not, in fact, here legally (ie., after an arrest has been made and upon refusal/inability to provide valid ID).  This is a close correlation to the "probable cause" they need in order to search our homes/cars/persons.

Report this comment
#12) On April 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Bludgeoner (< 20) wrote:

RonChapmanJr is black

Report this comment
#13) On April 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM, starbucks4ever (97.24) wrote:

#8,

The psychology of a state like the current USA is totally different from that of a police state where you must always carry an ID. In a free state you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. In a police state, you are presumed guilty until proven innocent. The people who don't dare to go out into the street without a passport - this is precisely the kind of population that will vote for Putin unanimously and award him with a 70% approval rating when he shuts down opposition parties and begins to appoint governors. 

 

Report this comment
#14) On April 25, 2010 at 3:09 AM, RonChapmanJr (74.46) wrote:

There are few things that make me laugh harder than when a person looks really silly after making a really bad assumption.  Getrich, you could have just looked at my avatar.  :)

alternative -  a proposition or situation offering a choice between two or more things only one of which may be chosen b : an opportunity for deciding between two or more courses or propositions
2 a : one of two or more things, courses, or propositions to be chosen b : something which can be chosen instead

AZ is being overun and something needs to be done.  What is your alternative?

 

On a different note - Bludgeoner - you must have a great memory to remember that post!  :)

Report this comment
#15) On April 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM, lemoneater (78.14) wrote:

I'm not against people immigrating from other countries to the U.S. After all, some of my ancestors were immigrants. I do wonder how difficult it would be for a Mexican to achieve citizenship? Does anyone have any idea of the difficulty and time involved?

What is disturbing is that some aliens feel entitled to all the benefits of citizenship without being willing to take on the responsibilities. Some lack a basic respect for laws. A co-worker of mine who used to live in Atlanta with her widowed mother regularly had problems with illegal aliens camping out in her back yard. She didn't want any strange men in her yard period--ethnicity was not the issue!  When she complained to the police they said there was nothing they could do. (Behavior like that unfortunately can prejudice someone against a people group.)

I have always thought that we would not have so many illegal aliens if there weren't so many Americans eager for cheap labor legal or not. Once I spoke to the wife of an Arizona Border patrolman and she was in tears telling me "How can my husband do his job when all the ladies I know have hired Mexican ladies here to do their housework the whole week for just $70?" Illegal aliens often are paid illegally low wages. (Paying someone that little for a week of hard work would seriously undermine my own self-respect as a decent employer.) 

Report this comment
#16) On May 01, 2010 at 10:19 PM, getrichdietrying (82.57) wrote:

Carrying your DL and State ID does not represent your immigration status.  Why should you fear such a law as this law?

As for the person claiming to be black's, reminds me of the, one or two blacks, shown at tea party rallies by fox and every other network.

I asked my wife why would a person of color argue for such a law as they are standing on the precipice of history when they just now are considered "human" and not "niggers." And my wife who is always smarter said "you can't fix stupid."

There are more colored people who are considered a minority because they are not in power,  Power does not stem from some minority (colored) representatives in the government,  it is from the majority of ethnicity, religiosity, cultural or beliefs represented at the highest level and the lowest level of enforcement for the majority of people of "same," said to be in power.

Yes, the deputy today was harmed and it is not right, but voice opposition where it belongs at our representatives from local to fed level.

I love you all, please help me protect the constitution by fighting this ignorance of fear and denial of real factual facts. It is a slippery slope, want slavery again, or more probably bigotry towards a certain color cause you can join the majority.

Report this comment
#17) On May 01, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Ndemand (45.69) wrote:

when did enforcement of the law become a race issue!...if your not american and you are illegal the good riddens im tired of paying for your welfare

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement