Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

openhandedgrouse (< 20)

My 2011 RL Trades



January 02, 2011 – Comments (17) | RELATED TICKERS: NIVS , ALIF , LBIX

NIV (1500 shares) at 2.14 Plan to sell 500 at $3.00-3.30.  Plan to Sell up to 500 at $4.30-4.80.  Keep 500 in profolio for LT.  

CIM (200 shares) at 3.52 after recieving two $34 dividends. Plan to sell as interest rates begin to increase. May keep 100 LT 

ALIF.OB (800 shares) at 1.02.  This was actually an UL 300 percent pick for 2010 that has under performed but has lots of potential.  Plan to buy up to 700 more shares.  Will sell half at 1.90-2.00

BSPM (200 shares) at 2.64.  Will sell at $4.50-5.00

LBIX 200 at 2.67- UL 300 percent pick.  Will buy up to 200 more shares at current price or lower. (lbix avg share re-purchase price is 2.43) 

PKT 400 at 0.65- UL 300 percent pick.  Will buy 600 if price goes down to 0.50  

LQMT.OB 500 at 0.25- hold for a year to see if there is any upside.  Cost is $125 after selling half for a double.

CHK Jan 2013 call at 400.  May be smart to sell this before next quarter for a quick gain. However, I will wait to see if their increase in oily plays effects earnings and more importantly their stock price. Will place a stop at 450 for a $50 profit minus cost of trades.

EMC Jan 2012 call at 295- MF tech pick. Plan to hold for at least 6 months and then re-evaluate.   


17 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On January 02, 2011 at 5:25 PM, dragonLZ (48.11) wrote:

Good Luck Openhandedgrouse, and Happy New Year.

Report this comment
#2) On January 02, 2011 at 10:44 PM, bashwinkumar (< 20) wrote:

wen do you thnk Niv gonna reach $ 3 range? anyways good luck..


Report this comment
#3) On January 05, 2011 at 5:36 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Bashwinkumar,  That is a very good question and one of the reasons I decided to write a full blog on NIV.  As I said in the blog i believe one of the biggest things keeping the price of NIV sooooo low is the stock price itself.  I recommend reading the blog if you own NIV or are interested in it.  

Report this comment
#4) On January 06, 2011 at 10:55 AM, pooptree (< 20) wrote:

Alif.ob is getting hammered today over 20% at the low on high volume. Is some bad news coming? Dilution maybe, looks like they need some cash? 

Report this comment
#5) On January 06, 2011 at 11:32 AM, cavrad (< 20) wrote:

They decided to acquire the startups to accelerate growths.  My guess is they may need to raise cash to follow up on their plans.

Report this comment
#6) On January 07, 2011 at 4:25 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Obviously investors did not like the ALIF's decision to use their accout recievables to invest in small innovators.  Previously their account recievables was an area for concern for some investors. IMO ALIF is undervalued even if they don't collect a dime of their accuount recievables.  I believe their expansion to android and overall smart phone and I-pad growth will increase earnings and therefore their share price.  All there other aspects like accounts recievable, opus-M, augmented reality and these new investments are extras.     I purchased 700 more shares today at 0.76

Report this comment
#7) On January 08, 2011 at 2:09 PM, dandles2020 (61.96) wrote:

I look at Artificial Life's website and I don't see a ton of apps that are exciting.  Red Bull Racing and Robbie Williams racing?  Maybe their glucose monitor sells more than I realize.

That being said, I want to look into the company more, because I have a feeling I will be kicking myself later for not buying it. 

Report this comment
#8) On January 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

I just purchased 200 shares of CIL today.  Plan to buy 200 more and keep long term.  I see this company growing revenue and EPS YOY for at least the next 5 years.   

China Intelligent Lighting and Electronics, Inc. manufacture lights. It provides residential lighting, commercial lighting, outdoor lighting, LED accessories, and lighting accessories.

Trailing PE 3.38

Forward PE 2.93

Price/book 1.02

This is actually a 1 star stock on the fool which gives me pause, but this stock is just too cheap and gives me LED exposure.   


Report this comment
#9) On January 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

I had a change of heart and sold some NIV in order to be more diversified. IMO I still believe NIV is undervalued and should be profitable long term , However I don't have enough money to justify having as much NIV stock as I did.  I sold all of my PKT until after their 10 to 1 reverse split. IMO their is a risk that PKT will decrease after the split.  I also sold my chk before barcalys gave it a 40 dollar price target.  I will buy it back if price falls but I wanted to lock in some profits.  I am freeing up some cash in order to try to start an investment co-op. My largest positions are still NIV and AlIF.ob 

Report this comment
#10) On January 16, 2011 at 4:27 PM, tkopas (< 20) wrote:

I just bought some Alif.ob after seeing it here a few days ago and checking it out, lets hope this works out.

Report this comment
#11) On February 01, 2011 at 4:53 AM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Bought some NIV back today as I think the price is to low.  IMHO stock price should go up even if it takes 10 years...  

Bought 200 shares of LPH today because of the spike in oil prices and increased demand based on fears in Egypt. I owned LPH at lower levels but sold it because I thought their warrant issues would cause a sell off. So far it has held in there which is more then I can say for NIV.

Report this comment
#12) On February 01, 2011 at 5:00 AM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Bought 300 CSGH.ob today at 0.98 as a speculative position based on large contract of lithium iron phosphate for 2011 and continued growth.

Report this comment
#13) On February 03, 2011 at 3:45 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Wow CCME scared me soo much today that I sold all but 200 shares of NIV at a loss of .01 plus costs of trades. I almost considered buying CCME options after a 30 percent drop.  I decided not to after glancing at the article from Muddy Waters as it looks pretty damning especially after Rino. I still have small positions in NIV, CIL, LPH, CSGH, UTA and BSPM.  However there will likely be continued downward pressure on these stocks and I wonder if I should just take all my china small cap trades off for a while.  

Report this comment
#14) On February 03, 2011 at 3:59 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Sold UTA and CIL for small loses.  Today trading in the stock market feels alot more like gambling than investing.  After all, if CCME can commit fraud none of my previous theories on any of my stocks can be proven.  As of now I have medigated most of my risk.  I have small positions in NIV, LPH, BSPM, and CSGH.  My largest position is still ALIF and I also own CIM for the div. Today has been disappointing even though I have lost much less than people who were invested in CCME or RINO. 

Report this comment
#15) On February 07, 2011 at 7:20 PM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Purchased Best buy (BBY) jan 2012 $40 calls for $1.93,  Will try to sell $45 or $50 calls for $1 so that they only cost 0.93. Best Buy has been beaten down recently and not participated in rally yet. Hopefully it should get back to $45 within the next year. 

Report this comment
#16) On February 25, 2011 at 12:52 AM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

Shortly After I sold 800 shares of NIV the price went from 2.03 up to 3.15 in a week. I sold my remaining 200 shares at 3.15.  SInce than the stock has come back down to 2.70. In other words I would have made up to $1000 in a week if the ccme reports of fruad didn't scare me enough to sell.  2011 should be a good year for NIV but I am going to wait and see if the price will come down before I re-buy.  If it doesn't come down I probably missed my oppertunity for this stock. 

Lessons learned: don't invest more than I can afford to lose 100 percent of, in any one stock.  That way I never have to sell it unless It is in the green. 

Report this comment
#17) On February 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM, openhandedgrouse (< 20) wrote:

I purchased TEVA Jan 2012 calls, ABT Jan 2012 calls, 200 shares of XIN, 200 of CIL, and 200 shares of VICL.  I am much more diversified today Than I was before I sold NIV shares.  I still have 1500 shares of ALIF. I should probably sell 500 shares but price has been stable with very low volume which makes me think it has bottomed for now.  I am hoping for a strong quarter and increased volume, providing a nice oppertunity to sell 500 shares. If price goes down further, I will just hold until stock price turns around or forever. I still have small positions in LPH, BSPM, and CSGH.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners