Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (35.63)

Obama is the GREATEST!!!!

Recs

18

July 27, 2008 – Comments (22)

FWIW, not because I agree or disagree with his political views....generally I trend toward being a liberatarian and am politically agnostic....

simply Obama has Warren Buffet and Paul Volker as his economic advisors.....unquestionably the two best from a practical business and a Fed standpoint, respectively......that speaks volumes about his capability to surround himself with quality individuals when it comes to business/economic issues.....

The other issues....I will let you guys hash that one out as this is an investing forum.

22 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On July 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM, LordZ wrote:

As Alstry is a BEAR, the only reason he would prefer Obama

would be so that he could screw up the economy and the world and thereby bring some truth to all his hundred plus blogs about economic apolcalypse and the end of times.

FRACK OBAMA...

JUST BE honest ALSTRY...

Buffet hasnt long to live plus he is so rich it doesnt really matter who becomes elected or what policies occur unless Obama goes far extreme and decides to redistribute all of Warren's billions and billions of $$$$$$$$$$

So maybe it might be in his best interest to not say anything too honest as to his true opinions and instead talks like a typical politician.

 

 

Report this comment
#2) On July 27, 2008 at 9:36 PM, alstry (35.63) wrote:

My friend, with Buffet and Volker on your side....if they each just had one brain cell left....that would be infinitely more horsepower than what is currently being applied.

Report this comment
#3) On July 27, 2008 at 9:48 PM, LordZ wrote:

Just look at Buffets stocks they are dropping...

despite the fact that he has undue influence over the markets with just the mere size of his positions.

Volker ??? never heard of him...

snickers...

 

Report this comment
#4) On July 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM, lquadland10 (< 20) wrote:

buffet is a cfr member so if you want to belong to the north American  union with the amero as the new money then obama or mc cain are your men.I prefer to live as a free person and use the constitution.

Report this comment
#5) On July 27, 2008 at 9:56 PM, alstry (35.63) wrote:

Lordy,

You know why I like you so much....because your stupidity is only exceeded by your ignorance and you truly personify how ill informed a racist and bigoted human being can be......what more could I ask for????

Further, as far as any bias I have for being a BEAR.....if a BEAR had half an ounce of intelligence.....no party could be better for the BEAR perspective than the current one.....it just did a wonderful job bankrupting our entire financial system....what more could a BEAR ask for....just watch and observe what happens over the next eight weeks.

FURTHER

Most of Buffet's assets....that vast majority for that matter.....is in CASH......the rest....well it really doesn't matter if the market crashes......Berkshire will own half th world.

Report this comment
#6) On July 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM, cwlawrence (< 20) wrote:

Lordz must be friends with the f*ck Obama guy.

 

I read the news today and felt very relieved - Obama has been consulting with some very educated and informed people and I think he is working on transforming the USA into something other than Bush's 'Pax Americana/NWO'

 

 

Report this comment
#7) On July 27, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Lance912 (30.09) wrote:

At some point, you have so much money that you lose a sense of reality, which I think explains Buffet's love of Obama.

Obama's never had a real job in his entire life. He's spent most of his life around the ultra-left that views America as the problem and government and taxes as the solution. Don't fool yourself.

If you're a hardcore bear, I don't blame you for supporting Obama. He's your man.

Report this comment
#8) On July 27, 2008 at 10:39 PM, alstry (35.63) wrote:

Never in the history of the United States have the shorts been able to make so much money shorting financials in such a short period of time......and time is growing short before you can make even more money shorting before there is nothing left to short.

Report this comment
#9) On July 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM, jesusfreakinco (28.96) wrote:

Al,

"and time is growing short before you can make even more money shorting before there is nothing left to short."

With comments like this I don't see how you cannot be bearish on the USD and bullish on Gold...

Some day, the USD will be back on the gold standard if we are to have a chance of resuming our role as the world's reserve currency.  How else would anyone want to invest in a currency with M3 growing at a 18% YOY rate?

Import goods inflation, serious asset deflation, falling wages - all leading to... chaos in America.

As a gold bug and bear on the market Obama is my man.  However, as a concerned, conservative Christian, I fear for our nation under his leadership.  He makes Hillary look like Reagan...

Report this comment
#10) On July 28, 2008 at 1:25 AM, hansthered0 (< 20) wrote:

Hey Al,
 do you have a blog or webpage somewhere else? Drop me a line, there's something I wanted to talk to you about.

hansisyourdaddy@hotmail.com

 

Report this comment
#11) On July 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM, awallejr (81.57) wrote:

Well if you believe the "sky is falling", then Obama is your man.  I don't subscribe to that theory. It is more a matter of "time" than anything.  Afterall, Buffet made his billions more from "time."  Eventually the real estate market will stabilize.  Will take a couple years I suspect.  But once the foreclosure inventory is sold off, "fair market" prices within real income affordability will eventually take hold.  And then as the years go by, and as inflation continues (to even a small degree), with increased population, the economy will continue to grow.

 

It has been and always will be about 'cycles."  Just don't panic.  I bought BAC at  $18 in real life when people were dumping it out of panic.  Those are your REAL opportunities.  Take them when you can.   

Report this comment
#12) On July 28, 2008 at 2:25 AM, alstry (35.63) wrote:

JFC,

You make the assumption that the US is going to do relatively worse than other nations regarding the dollar.....I am not sure I am ready to go there.

Further, don't be surprised if Obama picks a reasonable Republican as his running mate.

As far as being bullish on Gold...I think its a toss up......the Gold bugs still think gold is money.....that changed legally everywhere but Switzerland....Gold today is more like diamonds....its worth what people think its worth...in the future they may think its worth a lot.....for the past thirty years the return has been terrible....going forward...who knows.

Hans,

Part if the fun about being Alstry is the anonymous nature....whatever question you have I will be more than happy to answer.

Awal,

There has been no administration that has served over the deterioration of the American economy as much as this one.  It just happens to be a Republican.  Will I indict all Republicans...hell no!!!  Nor will I say that a Obama will be worse...all we know is he is getting the best advice.

You pick....Benny or Volker....Both served under Republican presidents.

Buffet or Paulson....if you have to think.....its too late.

Report this comment
#13) On July 28, 2008 at 3:51 AM, jester112358 (28.86) wrote:

Alstry,

At the end of the Carter era we had double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates.  So you are incorrect that the economy has never been worse.  The 70s  were also much worse-a decade of stagflation.  

Volker, under Reagan turned the economy around.  He was argubly the best FED chair ever.  The Reagon tax cuts on individuals and corporations led to the biggest real productivity growth and economic expansion in post-WWII history.  Both Europe and China began to emulate this approach.  

The great universal truth is its much better for the government to be underfunded via low taxes  than businesses and individuals-because government has no incentive to operate efficiently.  It gains in power by making people more dependent.  

 Obama never has had a real job.  The law is a parasitic occupation.  Are you a parasite too?    The trial lawyers association is the largest contributor to the democratic party which tells you all you need to know about that party and its "values".

Report this comment
#14) On July 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM, lquadland10 (< 20) wrote:

cwlawrence I read the news today and felt very relieved - Obama has been consulting with some very educated and informed people and I think he is working on transforming the USA into something other than Bush's 'Pax Americana/NWO' I am glad that you feel relieved but you need to be on guard. Obama is the kinder gentler nwo guy. Look for the north American union. Amero as currency. Maybe he won't invade Pakistan as he said he would. I look into my crystal ball and see Obama as president. Lets all get back here together on 09/09/09 to see what happens.

Report this comment
#15) On July 28, 2008 at 9:27 PM, imobillc (< 20) wrote:

I agree with you:

"unquestionably the two best from a practical business and a Fed standpoint" 

I also like the answer #5 you gave to LORDZ..... BAD ASS ANSWER...

Keep up the good work!

Mars 

Report this comment
#16) On July 29, 2008 at 1:42 AM, SemperGumby77 (61.27) wrote:

I hate to say it, but if you're a Republican, you really have no leg to stand on with regards to the current crisis and its ramifications on the economy both now and over the next several years.

You might cite the 70's as a worst time economically, but guess what? The current administration has just set us back to that era. Over the next several years, the economy won't collapse, but it will have higher unemployment, higher inflation and very little growth- stagflation, just like the 70's. And we'll have the current administration, Greenspan, and helicopter Ben to thank for it.

Oh, and Warren Buffet? The only thing that rich, ignorant fool did was warn Americans years ago that this would happen.

Yeah, I guess we definitely shouldn't listen to him.... 

 

 

Report this comment
#17) On July 29, 2008 at 3:03 AM, awallejr (81.57) wrote:

You compare apples to oranges basically.  Volker dealt with a different scenario than Bernanke.  So far I think both have responded correctly to their given situation. 

As for Buffet, I won't knock him, since I basically agree with his thesis, namely invest in quality companies for the long term.  nothing earth shocking there.

 

Report this comment
#18) On July 29, 2008 at 6:18 AM, DemonDoug (78.09) wrote:

At the end of the Carter era we had double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates.  So you are incorrect that the economy has never been worse.  The 70s  were also much worse-a decade of stagflation. 

You are assuming that we don't have double-digit inflation today.  If we use metrics from Carter's time, we are solidly in double-digit inflation and have been for some time now.  So you are incorrect in your statement that alstry was incorrect.  The 00's have been nothing but stagflation.  No one wants to admit it though.  And BTW, for the vast majority of the 1970's, the presidency was held by republicans, who arguably also ran the economy into the ground during their time in office (nixon/ford).  Had the US kept Carter's energy policies in place, it is likely a lot of this BS with oil we have nowadays would not be happening.  Of course no self-respecting right-winger would ever admit that nixon and ford were bad for the economy, and that Carter actually did some good for the country.  

And btw, you give credit to Volcker, who was the president that appointed him?  Oh yeah that was Jimmy Carter.

Report this comment
#19) On July 29, 2008 at 6:28 AM, alstry (35.63) wrote:

Demon,

If I have to give you credit for anything....you know your facts.

Report this comment
#20) On August 01, 2008 at 5:04 PM, agchris02 (< 20) wrote:

Ok, I've always been a huge Volker fan (and Reagan), and give them much of the credit for rebounding from the 70's debacle.  As to Obama surrounding himself with these men......well it confuses me, because his economic plan would make Volker puke (go read it, it's on Obamas website). I simply cannot vote for a man running on the platform of (1) at least doubling the capital gains tax (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/3/31/obamas-capital-gains-blunder.html)

of (2) increasing taxes, (3) increasing spending, and (4) creating more government "hand outs" 

I make no qualms about the fact that I'm not voting for McCain and that I don't think Bush has been as bad as everyone has made him out to be.  However, the one thing I CANNOT forgive Bush and the Republican congress for is the gross increase in government spending.  It was irresponsible, ignorant, and just stupid.  (Then the democrats have come in and made the problem worse).  

The question I ask any business person who comes out in favor of Obama:  assume the United States is a business, and look at its financial statements -- who would you rather have as CEO to come in and get it fiscally back on course?

The SINGLE BIGGEST issue facing the US is its fiscal irresponsibility.  The true fallout from this hasn't occured, but what happens when everyone else in the world won't buy our debt?  It's already starting, and needs to be stopped - now.

Now on inflation, go read this weeks Forbes and the article by Karlgaard "The Emperor's New Dollar" on inflation and CPI. The CPI basket of goods is NOT adjusted for quanity.  E.g.  that box of ceral that cost $5.00 last year for 12oz of ceral and now costs  $5.50 this year for 10oz of ceral is only recorded as a 10% increase (look at price only).  This grossly understates inflation.  Plus....not including the price of oil in inflation just hacks me.  

That all aside, I think we're a lot better off than people think and fully anticipate a huge rebound within the year :). 

Report this comment
#21) On August 06, 2008 at 11:35 AM, eskatonic (29.29) wrote:

Buffett is for raising taxes.  He always whines that he doesn't pay enough tax (my secretary pays a higher rate than I do) yet he never sits down and writes a check to the IRS;  they do accept donations.  know why the secretary pays higher rates?  because Buffett has enough lawyers and accountants to make it that way.  If he got his higher tax wishes, his minions would find loopholes and his secretary would still pay a higher rate.

As further evidence of his belief that the government can better spend your money than you can, he is leaving all his money to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, not the IRS.  Yet he still thinks you should give the IRS more.

 

Buffett may be good at making money, but this huge inconsitency with regards to taxes makes me highly suspicious that he would in any way be a good financial advisor.

 

I would summarize his tax policy as: I wish I paid more taxes, but not enough to actually pay more, so you should pay more.  Get back on your wealth redistribution bus and drive it back to France.  plz k thx.

Report this comment
#22) On August 09, 2008 at 11:44 PM, LordZ wrote:

OMG thank you

, eskatonic

I wonder how many other OBAMA lovers would also not be willing to write an extra check to the IRS ???

It would turn out something like this...

UH uh uh ummm o I would if I had any money, but those damn freaking Republicans have crippled my will to work, so hopefully Obama will thru all his vast experience ~~~~~~~~ complete sarcasm !!!!!! ~~~~~ will get it right and redistribute the money from the productive to fund the unproductive...

, eskatonic your point so hits home....

tooo shey my brother :)

good job....

 

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement