Politics is Terrorism
1) "Top U.S. retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) and Target Corp. (TGT) are battling to limit a new law that could force them to report whether their goods contain minerals from war-torn central Africa."
2) "Bonds sink on report of US aid to Europe..."
3) "100,000 Apply for 1,000 Flight Attendant Jobs... " ----Because you can avoid the TSA screening (Varchild2008)
4) FCC chairman to propose plan for net neutrality
5) TOWN TO SCAN ALL LICENSE PLATES...
Race On to 'Fingerprint' Devices...
6) Reid Says He'll Force Vote on Dream Act amnesty bill...
7) Senate passes new food police bill: Roll call vote 73-25; Senator Bennet: “It’s all rigged”8) Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood says there is no way to drive safely when you're talking on a cell phone -- even if you're using a hands-free device --
--- He wants to require devices that disable phones in cars.
9) Confirmed: U.S. considering 62 mpg CAFE target by 2025 — Autoblog10) New Federal CAFE standards officially released, 34.1 mpg by 2016 ...11) The oil drilling moratorium | Energy Bulletin12) The Magnuson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976 (MFCMA), enacted on 13 April 1976, declared a United States Fishery Conservation Zone (FCZ) from the seaward edge of the territorial sea out to 200 miles from the baseline (200-mile limit) for exclusive US management of fisheries except highly migratory species (tuna).
The United States was disappointed that in other areas ICCAT did not fully act in accordance with the scientific advice of the ICCAT scientific body.
For example, nations only agreed to minor quota reductions for bluefin tuna fisheries, and didn’t take the precautionary steps necessary to accelerate stock growth.
14) The House has approved a comprehensive financial reform bill ... GAO Examines Costs and Benefits of 1099 Reporting ...
Beginning in 2012, under a little discussed mandate of the health care reform legislation, businesses will be required to report all payments in excess of $600 for services or merchandise to the Internal Revenue Service on a Form 1099."
My Point? When it comes to your Stock Portfolio..... Politics DOES matter. It could be Terrorism to your Stock's future growth.