Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Pot calling the kettle black

Recs

16

July 09, 2009 – Comments (9) | RELATED TICKERS: AAPL

---------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note (let's see if the link function has been repaired) I just saw the following article as I was about the submit this post:

AIG slumps after analyst warns of zero equity value

The first sentence is a classic:

Shares of American International Group Inc (NYSE:AIG - News) plummeted 22 percent on Thursday after a Citigroup analyst said the value of the troubled insurer's equity may fall to zero.

MWHAHAHAHAH.  If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.  I almost spit my soda all over my monitor when I read that.  I should have shorted AIGarbage after the reverse split.  Oh well.

Deej

9 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On July 09, 2009 at 2:55 PM, bdash (27.82) wrote:

link function isn't working. you have to do it manually :( could you post the URL?

Report this comment
#2) On July 09, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Londamania (60.62) wrote:

I would have gotten a 5 year old one of those $10-$20 mp3 players and let them wreck a few before I got them a "real" one like an IPOD :)  That would have saved you even more!  :)

Report this comment
#3) On July 09, 2009 at 4:36 PM, outoffocus (23.59) wrote:

Shares of American International Group Inc (NYSE:AIG - News) plummeted 22 percent on Thursday after a Citigroup analyst said the value of the troubled insurer's equity may fall to zero.

MWHAHAHAHAH.  If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

 

lol I sent an email to my coworkers regarding that article saying the exact same thing.  Thats just as bad as Congress scolding AIG for rewarding bad behavior and giving themselves raises while collecting government money.  The irony is rich.

Report this comment
#4) On July 09, 2009 at 4:47 PM, TMFDeej (99.46) wrote:

I see your point Lond :).  The classic shuffle was only around $45 with the "corporate discount" so that's not too bad.  Plus, the Apple store is down the street from my office and the quality of the product is good.  I don't have the time to shop around at ten stores to save ten bucks.

Deej

Report this comment
#5) On July 09, 2009 at 5:21 PM, ElCid16 (98.07) wrote:

Deej man, you're cutting into Apple's revenue by spreading information like that...

Report this comment
#6) On July 09, 2009 at 5:40 PM, FleaBagger (29.37) wrote:

dkilgour16 - Deej man, you're cutting into Apple's revenue by spreading information like that...

Not necessarily: they may sell more iPods if that gets out. In fact, of revenue, profits, and profit margins, margins the most likely to be cut into, profits less likely, and revenue is the least likely to drop if it gets out that prices can be negotiated lower at the Apple store. But by more efficiently using inventory and selling more in relation to "fixed costs" (such as rent and utilities at store locations), even their margins may improve.

Report this comment
#7) On August 03, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Tastylunch (29.54) wrote:

I have been missing your blogs Deej. I hope things are going well for you.

Report this comment
#8) On August 04, 2009 at 7:18 AM, TMFDeej (99.46) wrote:

Things are going fine, Tasty.  Thanks for checking in.  I'm still working on the side as a "Home Fool" for the Global Gains message board, but I have taken a break from blogging.  A number of things about CAPS have rubbed me the wrong way lately.

It seems as though I have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by blogging here at CAPS.  There appears to be absolutely no communication between the CAPS and newsletter teams, so even though I am the second most recommended blogger on the site blogging doesn't count whatsoever towards me retaining my "TMF" status.   In fact, it actually hurts it because they keep track of my posts on the message boards to make sure that I am making enough of them and blogging takes time away from doing so.

Furthermore, the blog that we are commenting on right now was edited without my consent and my integrity was questioned because of my comments about how to negotiate a good deal on Apple products, despite the fact that I have seen much, much worse things said and done by others.  I am an extremely honest person in life, and the questioning of my integrity as well as the unauthorized editing of my work bothers me a lot.

A few other things have irritated me about blogging lately, including the attempt to give me homework assignments with specific topics and deadlines for posts, the alarmist, low quality posts by many of the frequent bloggers here that I really don't want to be associated with, and the constant attacks by Alsty whenever I post anything remotely positive. 

I have a passion for writing, particularly about investing, but many of the above things have at least temporarily sucked the joy out of blogging here for me.  I may eventually start blogging again, but in order for me to invest so much time in doing so for free I have to enjoy it and I really was not.

Anyhow, that's the story.  I hope that you're doing well.

Deej

Report this comment
#9) On August 04, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Tastylunch (29.54) wrote:

TMFDeej

Wow I'm very sorry to hear that. I can certainly empathisize with you and I can respect why you have done what you done.

Blogging as you do is a tremendous time committment and I haev to admit I'm a bit sad like you to see how fringely polemical a lot of the blogging has gotten. It does seem to ba a different culture that the boards I don't know why that is. Hopefully I haven't contributed to that trend.

FWIW I know that I and the silent majority of CAPS players value what you do and have done.For some context  Everydayinvestor told me the other day that my blog directed around 150 hits to his website (despite only having 27 ish some recs), I think that shows that your readership is likely much bigger than you realize as well.

Well thank you very much again for everything Deej. I really appreciate it.

 

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement