What up, my fellow Fools.
Recently I had to make a difficult decision, to sell the BUD shares that I bought from 08-09 or hold.
PROS for selling-
1. My original thesis that new management would cut costs was complete, not much more they could cut.
2. Everyone knows about the stock now, I was buying while still on the pinks after merge.
3. No one ever went broke taking profits.
4. It's a two bagger + some.
CONS for selling-
1. It's my beverage of choice.
2. Really dug the lump sum dividend payment, but at (1.4%) yield pretty sure I could find another ADR that pays better.
3.History, this was one of the first stocks that I purchased. (those of you that have been around long enough might remember my drunken ramblings about the stock and why it will go higher)
4. Breaking up is hard to do.
Wish I could say I was smart enough that I saw this coming-
But that was just dumb luck.
So as you can see my main motivation for holding was only sentimental at best, and thats a pretty piss poor investment thesis.