Ron Paul Can't Win - So STOP Posting About Him!
That said, Ron Paul will NOT get the Republican nomination, for the following reasons:
1) In a system where MONEY=DEBT (remove debt and our economy collapses), no one wants to think about changing the system.
2) No one wants to be told they're wrong. Attacking Iraq, drone strikes in Yemen/Pakistan and the "they hate us because we're free" mentaility will not accept that we are the bad guys.
3) The Constitution is old, and relying on the wisdom of the Founding Fathers who didn't have to deal with Al-Qaeda or the lack of health care isn't good enough for Americans. Americans now believe inventions are human rights (like new drugs and laser surgery) and are genuinely worried about terrorists killing Americans (whereby the Founding Fathers did NOT have to worry about British troops burning and occupying our capital in 1812, because that never happened and if it did happen, let's just forget that fact and move on).
4) Drugs are bad (except for the one's your doctor prescribes and Rush Limbaugh gets addicted to). Stopping the drug war would basically be telling our children to take drugs. Could you imagine if the most lethal drug known to man (marijuana) was legalized what it could do to the fabric of society? Only a drunk would legalize marijuana.
5) Freedom doesn't work. Dumb people make bad decisions, like signing a baloon mortgage contract, or DUMBER actually giving someone a $750,000 mortgage who can't pay it back. The free market would have destroyed the stupid bankers and we need stupid bankers to make point #1 work (Money = Debt)
6) Obese people can not vote for someone who would tell private insurance company's they can charge more for obese customers. You're basically ignoring 1/3 of the American electorate.
It's true I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter, in spirit and donations, but look at the facts I outlined above and ask yourself - Why would anyone vote for such a man? I can't think of one good reason.