Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

iamnik77 (90.99)

Should I end my C and BAC CAPS picks today?



March 16, 2009 – Comments (6)

I picked these up out of the clearance bin a few days back and went long full well knowing I could go near to -100 on each pick. Today puts me healthily in the positive on both picks. I'm tempted to end the picks today but then I still remember why I picked them in the first place. I was hoping for a triple or nothing opportunity and neither pick has tripled yet! Your thoughts?

6 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On March 16, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Seano67 (23.31) wrote:

Personally, I would book the points. :)

Report this comment
#2) On March 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM, sommeros (< 20) wrote:

Drop them till you can.If you have profit do not be rapacious.

You can trade only if you have cash. 



Report this comment
#3) On March 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM, motleyanimal (35.13) wrote:

I dropped C today, but am hanging on to BAC even though I have a 90% gain. There is good potential for a double.

In real life, I sold BAC for a nice profit last week.

Report this comment
#4) On March 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM, MrSucrose (< 20) wrote:

I would think you probably should.  I real life I am holding BAC and WFC until tomorrow morning.  I was in on WFC for $12 on Thursday and have to wait for my sale that I purchsed it with to clear so I don't take a freeride.  BAC I have had since just under $4 so I can afford an extra day to see how it plays out.  I am going to burn them both opening tomorrow. 

Report this comment
#5) On March 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM, DemonDoug (31.34) wrote:

hit the button and sell, baby, sell!

Report this comment
#6) On March 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM, lenri (68.55) wrote:

I also sold BAC for a tidy profit last week. With this volatile market it's wise to take your profits after playing the BETA. There will be plenty of dips to get back in later. Stocks don't go straight up. I have been playing the volatility game since November and have done fairly well. BAC was an 8 day play and BB&T was a two day play. I am charting volatility on 20 different stocks right now. I needed to eat so I chucked the "buy and hold" strategy when 75% of my portfolio fell 60%.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners