Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

L0RDZ (78.41)

SO you want less expensive gasoline and oil ?

Recs

17

May 12, 2011 – Comments (26)

Heres a  novel idea...  how about   increasing the supply   ???

 Put more people to work,  building  a new start of the art  refinery  ~   none have been built in a long time and none  shall be built under the current status.    More gasoline supply will  drive down  gasoline prices.

 Lets  drill more ?   Open up more  leases,  build more rigs,  put more people to work,  generate more taxes off the  extra ?   more  assets,  more people paying taxes,  more people off the government drolls of welfare  ~  personal and corporate.

Instead  we  drive up  the prices,  and look to blame  instead of  having  a  real  energy policy.

 Lets put people back to work,    honestly   do you think  sticks,  chains, and whips will  work ?

 Ask Obama what his energy  policy is ????    green  ?    or is it  SULL BHIT    :-9-+---<</p>

 

26 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On May 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM, mtf00l (50.28) wrote:

Let's stay on course... run everyone else out of oil and then sell ours for 1 trillion a barrel! =D

By then we'll have our debt paid off in just under 1,000,000 barrels!

Report this comment
#2) On May 12, 2011 at 5:04 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

Quoted "

Let's stay on course... run everyone else out of oil and then sell ours for 1 trillion a barrel! =D

By then we'll have our debt paid off in just under 1,000,000 barrels!"

Expect to see chinese owned wells on the outskirts of our waterways  sucking up  our   Oil  with a really long straw..

Funny remember the last time oil was high and the argument was that  it would take a few years before that oil would get to maket ?  well if the idiot demi rats werent  out  blocking   we would have a lot more oil making our citizens more money, instead we have bickering over stupidity  like they are gonna force oil execs to  earn less money  and hire more people  by  using big sticks ?

 Instead you'll see lower  people lose or have their hours cut  and you'll still see the big guys pay themselves a lot  from the higher oil prices those fools in gov  will enable.

 Or you'll see rationed  gas  :)   unless you have lived under communist rule  you'll never understand  how lucky we have it.

 

 

Report this comment
#3) On May 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

Big oil has plenty of refining capacity.  The reason gas is so expensive right now is the oil companies misjudged gasoline demand and didn't make enough.  This hurt the reserve gasoline supply and pushed the price way up.  How much we drill or don't drill in the U.S. makes very little difference because the oil market is a world market.  There is plenty of oil currently in the market.  Saudi Arabia just cut production because they said there was too much supply.  The reason oil is so high now is because the dollar is crashing and speculators are piling into commodities as a hedge. 

Report this comment
#4) On May 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

buffalonate (70.67) wrote:

 

you are incorrect about the refining capacity  in the US.  You'll see   once  one of our  refiners  has  an accident or issue or  a hurricane comes...

at present capacity at 98 % utilization   supply barely matches demand.

Its okay some people just don't get it.

Heaven forbid we actually grow  and  have an economic recovery that  increases the demand of gasoline

 

with  not enough supply  dont be surprised to see  bs  finger pointing and  ridiculously  high gas prices  that people will gladly  welcome just to have gasoline.

10 dollar gas  wouldn't be off the table.

 In fact I think the OBAMA  admin would smile at 10 dollar gas.

 

Report this comment
#5) On May 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

We will inevitably have to build more refinery capacity because the U.S. oil supply is expected to increase 40% in the next 10 years due to oil shale drilling.  Actually the oil refinery capacity utilization is at 86.5%.  http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_unc_dcu_nus_m.htm  The oil refiners are not going to build billion dollar refineries unless they are absolutely necessary and they are currently not.  You are stupid to believe that Obama wants oil to be a $10.  That would kill the economy and kill any chance he had to be re-elected.  Obama tried to increase offshore oil drilling if you remember but the BP oil spill killed any chance of that happening.  The support for that idea died in congress instantly.  Our best chance for lowering oil prices is to push our transportation sector onto natural gas.  There is a slimmed down natural gas transportation bill that has a ton of cosignors which will probably pass in the next couple of months. 

Report this comment
#6) On May 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM, mtf00l (50.28) wrote:

First, my post above was some what tongue in cheek, that said, it may not be far off the mark.

Next, it was $10 gas not $10 oil... If we ever see $10 oil you'll see alot of oil execs throwing themselves out of windows! =D

Report this comment
#7) On May 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM, leohaas (31.29) wrote:

Isn't the solution obvious: build a refinery yourself. If you are right, you will make a bundle. Put your money where your mouth is...

Report this comment
#8) On May 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

The oil refineries don't decide  whether to build  ~~ the  150 plus permits and  other obstacles wlll   make  another  refinery  not possible within  the  USA...

Looking at that site  how  do you figure  only  86.5 %  utilization ?  a simple glance looks like its much higher :)

 as to the rest,  i'm not gonna  bicker  I'll stand pat at what I said...

Obama Admin  of  tree huggers and fools who never held real jobs  will welcome  $ 10 gasoline per gallon to  encourage people to seek alternatives whether they are warranted or not.

They after all know better whats best  for you  and  they won't suffer they dont even pump their own gas.  they have interns  and  assistants  for all that  if not personal gov paid drivers.

I won't suffer if gas is  50 a  gallon  I will  enjoy  the  empty roads  :)

driving my large truck  free  from other idiots.

Come on OBAMA  bring us  50 dollar gas....  :)

LMAO...

 

 

 

Report this comment
#9) On May 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

LEO obviously  doesnt know what it takes to build  a  house with  gov permits let alone  a refinery...

enough said... on that stupid  statement...  LEO...  you shine so bright  :)

 in the wrong way.

 

 

Report this comment
#10) On May 12, 2011 at 6:35 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

At the bottom of the chart it says operable utilization rate.  I looked at the wrong month.  Utilization is actually closer to 80%.  Oil prices are high because the value of the dollar is low.  Oil recently crashed from $113 to $97 because the dollar got stronger.  It had nothing to do with demand or supply.  You make your whole argument based on no facts.  You claim that that there is not enough refining capacity when clearly there is.  You claim that refining utilization is at 98% when it is at 80%.  You should try backing up your arguments with something other than rumors. 

Report this comment
#11) On May 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Turfscape (42.40) wrote:

L0RDZ wrote:
"I won't suffer if gas is  50 a  gallon  I will  enjoy  the  empty roads  :)"

And yet, you spend such significant time complaining like a lonely child...

Report this comment
#12) On May 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

We'll see who is right when a refinery goes offline if you really think 80 is more correct...    which  i say  is wrong...   and buff  you  cant even  figure  is it 86.5  ????   or  is it  80    you dont really know...  you are guessing  really poorly...  :)

I  say  at  98% of capacity   supply  barely matches total  demand  for gasoline    and yes  I agree  I  am probably being  a little high  but  not by much.

And we are still  underutilizing  gasoline thanks to a lot of people out of work.... otherwise  the demand  would be much more with  people actually not sitiing at home collecting unenjoyment  or sitting  because they have no business or work.

What are you gonna claim next that  its  75 %  ??????????

come on BUFF  :)

 

Report this comment
#13) On May 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

I SEE  T  U  R D  has graced himself  like another unwelcome guest  with more insults.

 

Report this comment
#14) On May 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

I looked at the wrong month.  The last month listed, February of 2011, has capacity utilization at just under 80%.  Back in 2008 when the economy was roaring, capacity was at 98%.  I highly doubt we will be near that capacity utilization rate again in the near future because the economy will not be at full steam again for another couple of years and new cars are far more efficient than they were a few years ago.  Why did you bother to write a blog about needing more refineries when you didn't even bother to look up the capacity utilization rate?  The only way we are going to get the excess capacity you seek is if the government pays for it.  Big oil will not build new refineries unless it is a last resort.  It is not in the interest of big oil to build more refining capacity because that would take the risk out of the oil market and push oil prices lower. 

Report this comment
#15) On May 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

You should look at the chart I attached earlier.  If you weren't so stupid you would be able to clearly see the capacity utilization rate is right there on the chart.  It has the capacity utilization rate for about 6 months on it.  The chart proves you don't know what you are talking about.  You don't like facts though do you.  You prefer to vent about things you are not mentally capable of understanding. 

Report this comment
#16) On May 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

Hyperion is building a $10 billion refining plant in South Dakota.  Construction will begin sometime in the next 2 years.  You never even bothered to look that up before you started ranting.  Your research is nonexistent. 

Report this comment
#17) On May 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM, CluckChicken (39.13) wrote:

Lordz how do you propose the president fix the price of gas?

 

From what I see we have the oil companies as one of basically two groups drilling for the oil and the only group refining the oil. So if you want the preseident to build a refinery does that mean you want the government to run an oil company?

 

The permits are the issue you say? Since there have been over 150 refineries to have closed over the last 30 years we have at least 150 sites that can have a refinery built at them, how many more sites do we need?

 

Right now there is no incentive for oil companies to build more capacity. Of course one of the things that it appears the oil companies have not taken into concideration is that the higher that gas prices are the quicker the auto industry will work to making cars that use far less of it.

Report this comment
#18) On May 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

Buff your an idiot trying to put words  together that others  havent said..

read my first  sentence you  dummy  if you was a man you would be a midget among  those mentally challenged  :)

now since you don't read....  here is my  thesis...  from sentence #1  you  fool.....

LORDZ : 

Heres a  novel idea...  how about   increasing the supply   ???

which means increasing the supply of available gasoline.

Report this comment
#19) On May 12, 2011 at 10:45 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

Now as to any new refineries  according to my  intel  there hasn't been a new refinery  in   decades  

US appears to have built its last refinery - Alexander's Gas & Oil ...

 

Jul 17, 2001 ... The last refinery built in the US was in Garyville, Louisiana, and it started up in 1976.2011 -  1976    equals   35  years...Now if you say  someone will build  one in the next 2 years  a  brand new state of the art refinery ???    I  will believe that only when its  completed  which given  the length since the last one was built,  I find  suspect  that it will get built  given all the  issues  environmental   with  refineries  etc etc etc....

Report this comment
#20) On May 12, 2011 at 10:55 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/2102031/

 

Report this comment
#21) On May 13, 2011 at 3:05 AM, awallejr (75.70) wrote:

Actually we are running out of places to drill.  The easy oil is gone.  We are now trying to squeeze the stuff out of rocks and shale (and that is limited at best since those wells go dry fast).  Continental shelf is the last realistic place to look, and we saw the dangers with the BP spill.

While I did say oil will drop under $100 THIS year, that price will continue to rise as the years pass, dollar valuation notwithstanding.  Get used to rising prices since in the long run they will only get worse until we develop dependable alternatives.

Report this comment
#22) On May 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

I agree  awakkejr.....

 

 

Report this comment
#23) On May 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Turfscape (42.40) wrote:

L0RDZ wrote:
"I SEE  T  U  R D  has graced himself..."

Way to keep it classy. Nothing like some good intellectual discourse to get the investment ideas flowing...

Report this comment
#24) On May 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM, buffalonate (94.80) wrote:

Oil prices will remain stable in the next 10 years.  U.S. production is expected to increase 40% in the next decade due to oil shale drilling.  Iraq will be the largest oil producer in the world in the next 10 years.  Brazil has huge deposits of oil being drilled off its shores.  We are not at peak oil.

Report this comment
#25) On May 13, 2011 at 12:33 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

Well thats nice to know BUFF ?

TURf  you are too easy... and all your i'm gonna repeat what you say  stuff is annoying :)   seriously.  how about an original thought instead of  hurling insults and than expecting hugs.

 you'll only continue to get my foot my bad I hit the D instead of the F

 LMAO....

those 2 letters ya know are really close...

just like your back is close to your behind...

 

Report this comment
#26) On May 17, 2011 at 6:24 PM, L0RDZ (78.41) wrote:

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/lordzs-simple-market-solution/547259

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement