Solar Stocks will be in FOCUS during September.
ISES Solar World Congress 2007 in Beijing, China (Sept. 18-21)
Partial from ISES website:
The Chinese government has made the development of renewable energy a high priority in its strategy for national sustainable development. Ambitious targets have been set in its mid- and long-term planning, projecting a 10% contribution of renewable energies to the total energy mix in 2020. With the Renewable Energy Law passed on January 1, 2006, the utilization and strategic development of renewable energy in China has drawn worldwide attention and acclaim.
China's 11th Five-Year-Plan lays out a comprehensive set of measures to gear the country towards sustainable development; its objectives are to
* implement preferential policies for renewable energies in finance, taxation, and mandatory market share,
* encourage production and consumption of renewable energies,
* enhance their proportion in the consumption of primary energies,
* speed up wind energy development,
* set up thirty large-scale wind power stations with over 100 MW of dynamoelectric power generation capacity,
* build wind power bases of GW proportions,
* quicken the exploration of biomass energy,
* support and develop straw and waste incineration, as well as landfill- gas generation,
* set up straw and wood power stations,
* extend the production performance of biomass solidified fuel, fuel ethanol, and bio diesel,
* raise the cumulative installed capacity of grid connected wind power and biomass generation to 5 GW and 5.5 GW respectively, and
* exploit and utilize energetically solar, geothermal and ocean energy.
We hope that the participants of the ISES Solar World Congress 2007 will provide more answers on how to effectively promote sustainable development and which resources to use for that purpose. We count on your knowledge and experience!