Tesla Motors' Jonathan Sobel. What Exactly Did He Do For/To Geeknet (LNUX) Before Abruptly Jumping Ship to Tesla?
Jonathan Sobel joined SourceForge in October 2007 . (LNUX Performance during Sobel's years Oct 2007 - Sep 2009).
Sobel's first substantive act in creating LNUX shareholder value was his controversial / questionable giving away / transfer (1,2,3,4) of Linux.com to The Linux Foundation announced March 3rd 2009.Sobel's next move was his acquisition of ohloh.net announced May 28th 2009 (5,6,7,8,9,10).
But then events appear to get strange as reported here on July 10th, 2009 ref/ "SourceForge (LNUX) CFO Continues Dumping Position, Group Media President Joins on Eve of Announcing Q2 CC" (11).
And then at the July 30th Conference Call for Q2 ending June 30, 2009 there was no disclosure that Jonathan Sobel was leaving the company (12) in light of Jonathan's Sobel's abrupt August 30th announcement of his resignation nor joining Tesla Motors* (13, 13a), which he certainly was aware of less than thirty days prior.
On September 17, 2009, eight days before Sobel's formally announced departure from Geeknet (LNUX) Sobel appeared at a conference in New York Geeknet held where Sobel and Geeknet still represented Sobel was Geeknet Group President, Media.
Contemporaneous with all this Board Director, Suzanne Present, was beneficially accumulating greater than 26 percent of Geeknet (LNUX) common (14, 15).
So, again, what did Jonathan Sobel know and when did he know it? Why did Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) delete legally relevant and substantive threads on Yahoo! Finance relevant to this situation? (16, 17).
And did Jonathan Sobel and Scott Kauffman create shareholder value?(18).
/s/chaosUnplugged, Shareholder Value Activists, Of the Shareholders, By the Shareholders, For the Shareholders (sm), (tm), (c) copyright 1996-2010 gnulaw.org. All Rights Reserved. #1 Motley Fool Score Leader Motley Fool Red Hat Pick.
* Note: It appears Tesla Motors deleted their own press release regarding their announcement of hiring Jonathan Sobel?
1. Linux Foundation Forges Deal, Takes the Wheel at Linux.com, March 5, 2009.
2. Linux Foundation to Build New Linux.com Community, March 3, 2009.
3. Linux Foundation Acquires Linux.com: Behind the Scenes, March 5, 2009.
4. Inside the Linux Foundation Purchase of Linux.com, March 3, 2009.
5. SourceForge wants to be collaboration powerhouse, buys Ohloh, May 29, 2009, Ars Technica.
6. Behind the scenes on SourceForge's acquisition of Ohloh, May 29, 2009, c|net news.
7. SourceForge Acquiring Open Source Dev Portal Ohloh, May 28, 2009.
8. SourceForge scoops up Ohloh, May 29, 2009. The 451 Group.
9. SourceForge Files fy'09 10-Q...Ohloh Acquired for $2.6M, 3.7M Shares Repurchased...$4.6M Impairment loss re: Collabnet, June 8 2009.
10. SourceForge Grows Up - and Out, June 19, 2009.
11. SEC RULE 10b5-1, SourceForge (LNUX)'s Morris (CFO)s July 1 SELL, and [delayed?] Q2 Ending June 30 Announcement
12. Scott Kauffman "SourceForge's (LNUX) Three Guiding Principles: Speak Openly, Take Risks, and Don't Look Back" #4 - Don't Provide Guidance in re: Q2 Conference Call for period ending June 30, 2009.
13. Breaking News...SourceForge, Inc.(LNUX) Announces Departure of Jon Sobel, Group President, Media
13a. Tesla Motors Hires Veteran Technology Executive, Jon Sobel, as General Counsel and Secretary, SourceForge Shareholder News, September 1, 2009.
14. Follow the Money:Gladwyne/Sams (Present/Sileck) SourceForge (LNUX) Control Exceeds 22%* (shares) 28% (Board)
15. Geeknet (LNUX) Insiders Hold More than 25% of Outstanding Shares After Acquiring Another 1 Million+ Shares Today. Amazon Takeover? Going Private? Or What?
16. Geeknet (LNUX) - What did Tesla's Jonathan Sobel Know and When Did he Know it? Should Tesla's Imminent IPO be Accordingly Delayed Pending FINRA/SEC investigation?
17. Why is Yahoo! Deleting Messages* with Profound Legal Implications From Geeknet (LNUX) Message Board?
18. Geeknet (LNUX) - Large Institutional 13D Shareholder Put Pressure On Board Demanding to Unlock Value. Where is Geeknet now 21 Months Later?