Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (35.85)

The Collapse Of America Engineered By Wall Street

Recs

14

October 22, 2010 – Comments (9)

Walmart borrowed $5 Billion Dollars the other day at less than 1%.......it appears Wall Street, and our pension funds, are now giving Wall Street companies essentially free money in massive quantities......

Walmart can turn around the next day and loan that money to the American people, the U.S. Government, at a better than 2% spread......

In other words, Walmart can now make over $100 million per year....guaranteed, by simply borrowing money and lending it back to America.

Think about this........why should Walmart even deploy capital anymore.....it can make hundreds of millions of dollars PER YEAR simply playing the money game......

It is the same game for banks.....why shoud they loan money to the people or businesses when they can get essentially unlimited money for free from our government and lend it back to are government and generate guaranteed profits......

Where is this leading us.....first, it is allowing Wall Street executives to take amazing salaries and bonus packages for essentially doing nothing...PRIVATE CITIZENS CAN'T DO THIS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T OBTAIN MONEY ON THE SAME TERMS(if htey could, every loan in America could have been paid back and the banks would have never been in distress)...it is providing the necessary cash flow for Washington to keep giving its workers generous compensation packages and perks......

AND THE IRONY OF IT ALL.....because of compounding and the asymetrical nature of the lending......IT IS BANKRUPTING AMERICA, SHUTTING DOWN OUR PRIVATE ECONOMY, KICKING MILLIONS OUT OF THEIR HOMES, DESTROYING OUR CITIES,COUNTIES AND STATES......AND FEW SEEM TO EVEN NOTICE,UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING....OR CARE

Cash-strapped governments ramping up tax-collection efforts...

... place wheel locks on cars

9 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On October 22, 2010 at 8:13 AM, alstry (35.85) wrote:

THE HYPOCRACY OF ONLY LENDING TO A FEW......much of America and the World is already in a Depression.....and getting a lot worse everyday as debt keeps rising......and more and more get cut off of credit and lose everything they have...

IF POLITICIANS CAN BORROW MONEY TO PAY THEIR SALARIES.....WHY CAN'T CITIZENS?

Report this comment
#2) On October 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM, alstry (35.85) wrote:

EXACTLY HOW MUCH HAS WALL STREET BORROWED?

Cash Cow: Who has the Cash, Who has the Debt, by Sector and Company

Report this comment
#3) On October 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM, alstry (35.85) wrote:

Citigroup plans to issue $4.5 bln in bonds in 4Q

When Wall Street and Washington can borrow as much as they want for essentially free, regardless of their ability to pay it back......and Americans can't......

Eventually Americans will lose everything........

Try playing Monopoly against a player with unlimited access to the bank......you will lose every time.....and right now Americans are losing all the time......as Wall Street and Washington are essentially stealing their homes, jobs and businesses....

Just ask the 85% of private homebuilders and private construction workers who have lost their businesses and jobs while 85% of the money losing public homebuilders are still giving their executives HUGE salaries and bonuses....

The crazy part is your MUNCIPAL governments are running out of money so they will be forced to take draconian measures to generate cash for themselves....

Basically....Washington and Wall Street are setting up an environment where Americans will be attacking Americans for money.......and those with access to free money can sit back and watch.....

Report this comment
#4) On October 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM, alstry (35.85) wrote:

Does anyone really believe it is only 15%??????

Las Vegas Reaches Record 15% Unemployment...

Who gets unemployed in Vegas....stays unemployed......

 

Report this comment
#5) On October 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM, JerseyShoreGirl (< 20) wrote:

so the banks are lending money back to the govt?  in what form?

Report this comment
#6) On October 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM, alstry (35.85) wrote:

We give banks free money....banks "buy" U.S. Treasuries yielding much higher rates than the free money we are giving the banks...

Could you imagine if the Government gave EVERY American a $10 million dollar interest free loan and they turned around and purchased $10 million dollars of treasuries yielding 3%.

Every American would earn $300K per year and the government would be guaranteed the loan would be paid back.......

It is exactly what is going on right now to a select few Americans...but on much bigger dollar amounts......as millions of innocent Americans and their families who don't have access to such free money are getting kicked out of their homes....

Report this comment
#7) On October 22, 2010 at 10:37 AM, JerseyShoreGirl (< 20) wrote:

got it, thanks.  the reason why people aren't outraged and see all that you highlight in your blog is because this arbitrage/corruption is all concealed so well .. the average American either doesn't care or and isn't digging for info .. they'll just take what they're spoon-fed from the MSM.

Which brings to mind this recent Seth Godin blog entry ...

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/10/deliberately-uninformed-relentlessly-so.html

Deliberately uninformed, relentlessly so [a rant]

Many people in the United States purchase one or fewer books every year.

Many of those people have seen every single episode of American Idol. There is clearly a correlation here.

Access to knowledge, for the first time in history, is largely unimpeded for the middle class. Without effort or expense, it's possible to become informed if you choose. For less than your cable TV bill, you can buy and read an important book every week. Share the buying with six friends and it costs far less than coffee.

Or you can watch TV.

The thing is, watching TV has its benefits. It excuses you from the responsibility of having an informed opinion about things that matter. It gives you shallow opinions or false 'facts' that you can easily parrot to others that watch what you watch. It rarely unsettles our carefully self-induced calm and isolation from the world.

I got a note from someone the other day, in which she made it clear that she doesn't read non-fiction books or blogs related to her industry. And she seemed proud of this.

I was roped into an argument with someone who was sure that ear candling was a useful treatment. Had he read any medical articles on the topic? No. But he knew. Or said he did.

You see a lot of ostensibly smart people in airports, and it always surprises me how few of them use this downtime to actually become more informed. It's clearly a deliberate act--in our infoculture, it takes work not to expose yourself to interesting ideas, facts, news and points of view. Hal Varian at Google reports that the average person online spends seventy seconds a day reading online news. Ouch.

Not all books are correct or useful. Not all accepted science is correct. The conventional wisdom might just be wrong. But ignoring all of it because the truth is now fashionably situational and in the eye of the beholder is a lame alternative.

I know this rant is nothing new. In fact, people have been complaining about widespread willful ignorance since Brutus or Caesar or whoever invented the salad... the difference now is this: more people than ever are creators. More people than ever go to work to use their minds, not just their hands. And more people than ever have a platform to share their point of view. I think that raises the bar for our understanding of how the world works.

Let's assert for the moment that you get paid to create, manipulate or spread ideas. That you don't get paid to lift bricks or hammer steel. If you're in the idea business, what's going to improve your career, get you a better job, more respect or a happier day? Forgive me for suggesting (to those not curious enough to read this blog and others) that it might be reading blogs, books or even watching TED talks.

As for the deliberately uninformed, we can ignore them or we can reach out to them and hopefully start a pattern of people thinking for themselves...

Report this comment
#8) On October 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM, allstarvulture (< 20) wrote:

Does anyone really believe it is only 15%??????

Of course I believe it's only 15%.....by THEIR measurement parameters.  Kind of like when they say inflation is only ~1% but conveniently leave food and energy (who needs those things?!) out of the equation.

Report this comment
#9) On October 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM, guiron (22.23) wrote:

Nothing gets your POINT across like ALL CAPS. Well, I know if I SHOUT LOUD ENOUGH, PEOPLE MIGHT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!

OR THEY MIGHT THINK I'M BELLIGERENT AND SLIGHTLY INSANE. I DON'T KNOW, AS ALL I HAVE TIME TO DO IS RANT!

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement