The Credit House of Cards
There's part of me that just wants to ignore the whole issue of the credit markets. At this point the unraveling, should it happen, is theoretical and frankly thinking about it makes my head hurt.
What is it that's finally going to trigger trouble? Are hedging practices now sophisticated enough that risk is really minimal? Will we really see more than just cyclical degradation in the operating results of financial firms? Could we end up with a financial tsunami that crashes through global markets and upends the world economy? Is that an ulcer or just indigestion?
So given that it's late and I just don't feel like thinking about this right now, I'm going to instead give you the top ten things to think about besides the credit bubble. Why? Because sometimes you just need to do a little whistling in the dark.
1. Sanjaya's hair. It's fantastic.
2. Blades of Glory put up some good numbers at the box office. Word on the street is that it's pret-ty bad -- and I mean bad bad, not good bad.
3. Bonds is still hitting home runs and I still don't want him to break Aaron's record. Yeah Barry, it's a black thing.
4. My high school, Seton Hall Prep, is currently ranked #1 in the nation in baseball. Sure the team hasn't played a game yet, but should that matter?
5. The Seton Hall Prep basketball team finished 31-1, losing only to St. Patrick's, the #5 team nationally.
6. Ajit Wadekar was the first Indian to represent the country as Test Cricket player, captain, coach/manager and Chairman of Selectors. (courtesy of Wikipedia's front page)
7. Wikiquote.org has more Big Lebowski quotes than I can shake a stick at. Seriously. I tried shaking a stick at all of them and got too tired to finish.
8. Heather Graham's appearance on Scrubs was probably my favorite of all of her performances.
9. CAPS is not only nutritious, but it's also delicious.
10. I need to learn to dance like this.