Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.32)

The Digital Age WILL Reduce At Least 50% Of Current Jobs

Recs

9

May 24, 2011 – Comments (7)

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/business/229625404

Digital Money will eliminate the need for cashiers...and most banks and bank branches.

There are tens of millions of jobs that will be eliminated just from this technology alone.

eMail is driving similar changes to postal services around the world.

Our current Industrial Model is not structured to handle this hyper efficient change.

Tax receipts will evaporate and millions of contracts will default.

We can either address the issue prospectively...or react convulsively.

 

Welcome to the Udder World.....Welcome to the Digital Age

7 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On May 24, 2011 at 8:48 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

In a specialized Industrial System...when you have to make a choice between paying for your fuel or paying your mortgage, the system no longer functions.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/feds-duke-americas-poor-have-make-choice-between-paying-their-gas-and-their-mortgage

Report this comment
#2) On May 24, 2011 at 9:32 AM, buffalonate (94.83) wrote:

If 50% of the country is unemployed in the future as you say that would drastically bring down wages which would make spending on frivolous digital things completely discretionary.  Anything digital requires a highly functioning industrial system to build the parts for the digital system.  The banks are not going anywhere.  I sent you the links recently of many banks that are expanding branches all over the country.  They do this not because it is the only way to do transactions but because it is the only viable way of attracting deposits.  Online banks just don't attract money that is why there is only a few of them.  Your lack of basic understanding of how the economy works is laughable.  You should spend more time reading and less time writing garbage. 

Report this comment
#3) On May 24, 2011 at 9:39 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

Anything digital requires a highly functioning industrial system?  Please, such a premise is nonsense...as a matter of fact, the two are mutlally exclusive.

As far as banks...homebuilders were expanding communities like mad just before they became ghost towns.

India has developed a $49 tablet computer and about to bring it down to $29.

These items will be given to the people by government just like education is today....and the conversion to virtual based education will eliminate the need for property taxes..

Your thinking is like a farmer who was farming a 1/4 section....thinking he would be able to do it for the rest of his life....even though his neighbors were all packing up because the tractor came to town and made most of their jobs obsolete.

Report this comment
#4) On May 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM, L0RDZ (78.57) wrote:

Yeah but just think of all the free time and creativity a lot of under employed people can do with.

I'm sorry but if your idea of happiness is going to a crappy job  for  50 hours a week for  40 straight years,  someone should just super glue some antlers  on  ya   and dump ya  down south among a bunch of drunk  hunters....  with poor  eye sight...

and put you out of your misery.

 

 

Report this comment
#5) On May 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM, torque63 (< 20) wrote:

This same type of thinking is what led to the mania of the late 90's dot-com boom, and subsequent, bust. Remember how people thought they would never need to go to the local market to pickup food because they could simply order their food from online grocers? Yes, 'click-n-mortar' has, and will continue to, change how business operates... but to think that banks will cease to operate a traditional system, even on a very basic level, is quite a leap. The scenario you present is a slippery slope though, and it paints an almost dystopian future where people are enslaved by the very thing they sought to make life easier.

Report this comment
#6) On May 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM, mhy729 (30.47) wrote:

Are you suggesting some virtual world where we all spend our lives "jacked in" to something like The Matrix?  Such a notion would likely be considered ludicrous by many, but then you have real-life news like the following:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-11/real-sale-virtual-property-nets-half-million-dollars

I was completely flabbergasted when I first read that...still throws me for a loop when I think about it.

Report this comment
#7) On May 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

Thanks for the link...I will stick in on www.udderworld.com

It is only the beginning...think of what this will do for education

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement