The War in Iraq and the American Economy - Princeton University Economics professor Paul Krugman
The biggest issue you should take on before investing is the War. What is your position on the war?
The war is:
1. Driving up commodities
2. Destroying the US dollar
3. Driving up Defense contractor stocks
4. Destroying good will towards America
5. The largest "malinvestment of resources" from the government
6. Destroying the US ground forces and their equipment
7. Driving investors to BRIC, as a "safe haven" to get out of the US dollars
8. Destroying the savings of US savers, by destroying the dollar
9. Creating a "crsis of confidence" in:
a. the President
b. the regulator agencies
c. the dollar
d. investment banks
e. the military leadership
f. the FED
g. the intelligence agencies
h. the Congress
The video is a starting point to making a decision about the war and the impact.
New York Times columnist and Princeton University Economics professor Paul Krugman visits UC Berkeley to discuss the war on Iraq and the American economy.
1. "we don't have a big enough Army"
2. "the Iraq adventure is mildly expansionairy in the short run"