Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Varchild2008 (85.21)

Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Barack Obama Tomorrow. . .

Recs

14

November 03, 2008 – Comments (12) | RELATED TICKERS: ABX

Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Barack Obama Tomorrow . . .

10)  Your Employer, whose rich and whose business earns more than $250,000 a year, will have their taxes hiked thus cancelling your chances of getting a promotion next year or perhaps even keeping your job.

9)  Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Hamas, Hezzbollah, Germany, France, Spain, Achmadinejad, and Omar Ghadaffi endorse him and will benefit the most under his presidency which in turn means that those who seek us destroyed will like us for allowing them to destroy us.

8)  America's Coal Industry will collapse under "Cap and Trade" policy that Barack Obama will enact which will bankrupt the industry, especially any companys seeking to build or expand the coal power.

7)  Doesn't have any military experience and so brings inexperience to the Commander in Chief position during a time of war which would be a far cry and change from President Bush who has at least been in the Air National Guard....

6)  Will continue the Food for Fuel programs of Ethynol that Wall Street investors tend to dislike because it contributes to the inflationary pressures on Corn and other Crops, since the land used to grow food for fuel could have been used to grow food for food.

Companies like BP that are big into ethynol have supported Barack Obama.

5)  If you invest in GOLD then you should make big returns as the Dollar falls under the weight of increased deficit spending through Barack Obama's Universal Socialist, Canadian Style Health Care system.

4)  If you invest in Defense Stocks then now your's excuse to sell them off because Barack Obama will end the War and stop all of this pointless Defense Spending which is completely unnecessary in a Global War on Terrorism, with IRAN seeking Nuclear Weapons and SYRIA threatening our troops.

3)  If you have dividend paying stocks then that too is a great reason to vote for Barack Obama because your dividend payments will shrink in the face of a 5+% increase in the Capital Gains tax. This gives you a good excuse to get out of the market!

2)  Expansive, Big Government Subsidizing of Wind Power and Solar Power, while it will contribute to the declining Dollar and the ballooning Federal Deficit, will be a boon to your alternative energy stocks so who cares right?

1)  And the #1 reason to vote for Barack Obama is:

Windfall Profits Tax on Oil and Natural Gas Stocks like Halliburton make investing in OIL companies even better now because of the insanely high gasoline prices Americans will have to fork over in order to get to their jobs and back.... Because any taxes on the Oil industry results in a transfer of those costs to the consumers....That being you!

Ticker symbols that closely spell out Barack Hussein Obama:

(ABX)     (RSHDF.OB)  (AMDLF.OC)
Barrick  Hussain           Amada

12 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On November 03, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Jhana9 (20.30) wrote:

Thanks, Var. After a couple years of inflammatory, one-sided, double-standard, scary rhetoric, about Obama, including really deep, thoughtful comments about his name, you coming up with exactly the same stuff has convinced me that I should vote for McCain. Thanks for the contribution. That the current approach to governing the nation has, well...FAILED makes no difference to me. I'm going to vote for more of that. 

Report this comment
#2) On November 03, 2008 at 10:06 AM, abitare (31.77) wrote:

No doubt, Third Party is the only real solution.

Report this comment
#3) On November 03, 2008 at 10:29 AM, socialconscious wrote:

I second you comments Glendorian. Varchild yeah usually when you have peace you spend less on defense.I think most people will take the former over the latter.  Bush's military record is sketchy at best. Here is the Wikpedia article whose souces include the Natuional Review, Washington Post and The NY times.for a fair and balanced treatment on the subject.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_military_service_controversy

All best all. Respectfully submitted. IMHO yet researched opinion. 

Report this comment
#4) On November 03, 2008 at 10:47 AM, carcassgrinder (35.71) wrote:

This guy is a marketers DREAM.....just spoon feed him....he gobbles it up!!!

Report this comment
#5) On November 03, 2008 at 11:02 AM, lquadland10 (< 20) wrote:

Well then there is Mc Cain who takes ill and Palin (Husband in oil industry) is president. Cain is joking about bomb Iran thus another nuke war  imo not joking it really is all about oil. Father john from EWTN who said that if biden ( a hertic) father john not me said if he is elected then a nuke bomb goes off in LA and then what will we do? Still the only canadate is a 3rd patry vote. We are after all a republic and not suposed to be a super power police the world nation. Yep a third party voter.

Report this comment
#6) On November 03, 2008 at 11:34 AM, socialconscious wrote:

I will agree that America needs a third party. There our enough Americans who want this. This is not tacit approval or support of a conservative 3rd party. It is though patriotic to defend the right of Americans to express themselves even if I disgree with them.I quote Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Abigail Adams as quoted in her biography

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.” 

 

Report this comment
#7) On November 03, 2008 at 11:39 AM, starbucks4ever (97.43) wrote:

Republicans have only themselves to blame if they lose to the Illinois demagogue in a landslide. Any normal Republican like Guliani or Ron Paul could defeat the Obama soap bubble, but they nominated the stupidest candidate they had, who in turn chose the stupidest woman in North America to run for VP...the best thing one can say about her is that she hasn't been diagnosed as clinically insane...yet. These two idiots have made so many ridiculous blunders than not even the Bradley effect can save them now...They win 17-20 redneck states at most. I'm so disappointed. I want a functional idiot who can at least win the election.  Keep fighting for Iraki oil for another N years? What kind of promise is that? Who is winning an American election with promises like this? Promise them MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY, you idiot!

Report this comment
#8) On November 03, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Varchild2008 (85.21) wrote:

Uhm no.  A loss to Obama is because Independants destroyed the Republican Primary race.

This was Mitt Romney's from day 1 until thousands of Independant, Liberals, gave it to John McCain.

When the "New York Times" endorses our Republican Primary choice for us and essentially picks for us.. we are bound to lose.

A real Conservative like Sarah Palin would easily kick Obama's butt if she was on the top of the ticket.

Report this comment
#9) On November 03, 2008 at 7:04 PM, jester112358 (28.69) wrote:

Good post: I would only suggest the % increase in tax on dividends will be +5/15 = 33%.  So, all you investors in dividend paying stocks should expect an increase of 33% in your dividend taxes!  And the % increase in taxes on the top 5% who already pay 60% of all income taxes will be 5/35 = 14%.  Not to mention all the social engineering to which we will be subject (like the community re-investment act) which is the root cause of the entire housing bubble and the collaspe in the financial sector.  Government forced lending to people who don't have the income to support any debt (i.e. housing welfare)-supported by Obama and his ACORN "community organizer" buddies.  They're all part of the affluent non-profit sector-the core of the democratic party.

Report this comment
#10) On November 03, 2008 at 8:14 PM, DemonDoug (81.27) wrote:

In dancing, we have a saying for the followers (the ladies):

"You get the leaders that you deserve."

The fact that you believe all of this means that you deserve 4 more years of borrow and spend, bankrupt morally and fiscally, war mongering, and flat out racist and classist policies.

Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Barack Obama Tomorrow . . .

10)  Your Employer, whose rich and whose business earns more than $250,000 a year, will have their taxes hiked thus cancelling your chances of getting a promotion next year or perhaps even keeping your job.

Of course, because the employer has had his workers' taxes reduced, those workers will now allow them to buy more of their product from your employer.  So while your employer might not take home as much percentage wise, he'll have a lot more business and will need to hire more people to take in all that new business.  Your chances of at least keeping your job go up, and your chances of getting ahead financially go up.  It was Warren Buffett himself who remarked he was paying less in taxes than his secretary.  But of course this would be seen as fair taxation by Republican elite/classist types.  Just keep your boot on the throats of the underclasses while you are sipping Dom and smoking 100 dollar cuban cigars lit by burning a hundred dollar bill.

9)  Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Hamas, Hezzbollah, Germany, France, Spain, Achmadinejad, and Omar Ghadaffi endorse him and will benefit the most under his presidency which in turn means that those who seek us destroyed will like us for allowing them to destroy us.

So you are saying spain, france, and germany seek to destroy the US? Last time I checked, there weren't any Venezuelan or Cuban terrorists or soldiers bombing US buildings or attacking us.  Obama has also pledged to go after the people that actually attacked us on our soil.  This is typical fear-mongering, the type of fear mongering and saber rattling that is consistent with dictatorial fascism.

8)  America's Coal Industry will collapse under "Cap and Trade" policy that Barack Obama will enact which will bankrupt the industry, especially any companys seeking to build or expand the coal power.

While building coal plants in the future wouldn't be profitable, the coal industry will not collapse.  He has also supported clean coal and coal liquefaction technologies, and in many ways this is bullish for the coal industry.  Your statement here is misleading if not an outright falsehood.

7)  Doesn't have any military experience and so brings inexperience to the Commander in Chief position during a time of war which would be a far cry and change from President Bush who has at least been in the Air National Guard....

...who never saw any time in battle, which makes him an expert?  Okay if you want to say McCain has more battle experience, I can agree with that, but I will take a thoughtful man who follows the prudent advice of the best Republican President ever, Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick" as opposed to someone who would pull the trigger at anyone who had the slightest hint of disagreement.  I will also take someone who has been endorsed by other thoughtful US Commanders such as Colin Powell and Wesley Clark, as opposed to "Trigger Finger" Cheney who profits through HAL by war.  Also remember neither FDR or Lincoln were soldiers, and they were at the helm of 2 of the greatest victories this country ever saw.


6)  Will continue the Food for Fuel programs of Ethynol that Wall Street investors tend to dislike because it contributes to the inflationary pressures on Corn and other Crops, since the land used to grow food for fuel could have been used to grow food for food.

Guess what?  McCain has the same exact platform.  Straight from his website:

"John McCain Believes Alcohol-Based Fuels Hold Great Promise As Both An Alternative To Gasoline And As A Means of Expanding Consumers' Choices. Some choices such as ethanol are on the market right now. The second generation of alcohol-based fuels like cellulosic ethanol, which won't compete with food crops, are showing great potential."

-BTW, I'd like to mention at this point that I agree with the need for a 3rd party, because of things like this.

5)  If you invest in GOLD then you should make big returns as the Dollar falls under the weight of increased deficit spending through Barack Obama's Universal Socialist, Canadian Style Health Care system.

And again, the borrow-and-spend policies of a McCain administration will also lead to high inflation.  No difference in terms of the dollar, but at least the poorer classes will have meaningful improvement in quality of life, whereas again the McCain policy is advocating a boot-on-the-throat of the underclass approach.

4)  If you invest in Defense Stocks then now your's excuse to sell them off because Barack Obama will end the War and stop all of this pointless Defense Spending which is completely unnecessary in a Global War on Terrorism, with IRAN seeking Nuclear Weapons and SYRIA threatening our troops.

Um, we bombed Syria.  They are pissed off.  Last time we got attacked on our soil we got pissed off.  Your snarky passive-aggressive sarcasm doesn't change the fact that Obama actually has proposed INCREASING defense spending, and did you know that Bill Clinton also increased defense spending MORE than the republican congress asked for on a yearly basis?  How about just a smidge of fact checking before you smear someone with outright untruth on your point #4 next time.


3)  If you have dividend paying stocks then that too is a great reason to vote for Barack Obama because your dividend payments will shrink in the face of a 5+% increase in the Capital Gains tax. This gives you a good excuse to get out of the market!

Actually, half of this is a good point.  Capital gains will be going up, and as well they should be, because when CEO's get paid 1 dollar wage a year but 100m in stock options, they get taxed at 15%.  So if stocks go down, great!  Dividends aren't going to go down, not on the strong companies, so your effective yields should be going up.  This will lead to more investment and less speculation.  So by all means, please, yes, sell out of the market, so I can buy more stocks on the cheap of great companies and get higher effective yields.


2)  Expansive, Big Government Subsidizing of Wind Power and Solar Power, while it will contribute to the declining Dollar and the ballooning Federal Deficit, will be a boon to your alternative energy stocks so who cares right?

One of the biggest components of the trade deficit is oil and energy.  If we can decrease our energy imports that would bring the trade deficit down and be bullish for the dollar, and bearish for oil - so quite the opposite would happen, the alt energy markets would get tighter with oil companies.  Of course we could just go with the mccain plan and "Drill, baby, drill" and when oil supplies start sharply decreasing in 5-10 years with no alternatives we'll have the oil shock of a lifetime.


1)  And the #1 reason to vote for Barack Obama is:

Windfall Profits Tax on Oil and Natural Gas Stocks like Halliburton make investing in OIL companies even better now because of the insanely high gasoline prices Americans will have to fork over in order to get to their jobs and back.... Because any taxes on the Oil industry results in a transfer of those costs to the consumers....That being you!

of course we can always just keep giving ceo's 200-400 million compensation packages for basically doing nothing too, while joe the plumber can't afford healthcare, has to pay more and eat less due to stealth tax of inflation, and will never be able to send his kids to school because screw the lower classes, it's just "redistribution of wealth" - the john mccain way.

 

----------------------

btw again I don't wanna sound like an obama fanboy.  I'd be voting for Paul if he was the nomine for the Repubs.  In fact, I'd say most people aren't quite as libertarian as they seem to be.  How many of you know who Jeff Flake is?  What about NORML, or the ACLU, or the Drug Policy Alliance?

What many people also choose to ignore is that Obama is much closer to Paul than McCain is.  Obama is a constitutionalist - albeit a more liberal one - just as Paul is.  McCain follow the neocon/bush/reagan/nixon ideology of borrow and spend and make war.  The things that Paul gets ridiculed for in Republican primaries are things that follow right along with the Democratic platform:

"This is just war propaganda, continued war propaganda, preparing this nation to go to war, and spread this war, not only in Iraq, but into Iran, unconstitutionally, is a road to disaster for us as a nation, is a road to our financial disaster if we don't read the constitution once in a while."

I am also a constitutionalist.  Which is why tomorrow I will be voting for Obama (after serious consideration of writing in Ron Paul), and I will be voting agains Prop 8 marriage ban for gays, because CA Prop 8 is in direct violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, which reads "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

jester: how many not-for-profit people do you know that are affluent?

Report this comment
#11) On November 03, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Option1307 (29.65) wrote:

I thought you were better than that Demon...Don't fall to their crap and vote them into office, especially Obama. Although they are both ridiculous in my eyes and thats why I already mailed in my vote for third party. Stay strong and vote againsgt this retardedness that is a two party system. (That goes for anyone else on this site that actually cares about making a difference and wants a candidate who isn't going to lie to them continually.) I always look to your blogs/etc, but this response, from you?? wtf? You're better than that.

Report this comment
#12) On November 04, 2008 at 1:18 AM, DemonDoug (81.27) wrote:

option, if you think my arguments are crap, then by all means, go ahead and refute them.  I'm not 100% right - you can see my picks and blogs on oil from this past summer and how wrong I was there (at least in the short term).  I will not stand for a top blog post spouting off complete crap.

Look, I'd prefer Ron Paul, but Obama is not that bad.  McCain is much, much, much worse. Also, think about it - no president can do everything they say they can do, it's just not possible.  While Obama is a supporter of big government, his policies are more aligned with libertarian interests than the republican candidate, and I also believe that neither Nader nor Barr would be better than Obama.

The only other politician I know of that I would consider voting for is Jeff Flake.  Both Flake and Paul have had consistent fiscally conservative voting records.

If you think my ideas and statements on Obama are wrong, or misstated, or not factual, please refute them, instead of saying I'm "better than that" because I would like to know what "that" really is.

Incidentally more important than the presidential election is the election for the propositions here in CA.  Prop 8, specifically, has gotten my attention more than any office or issue I have ever voted for.  The fact that I am even voting on an issue that is blatantly segregationist, bigoted, and frankly, against the US Constitution's 14th amendment, scares the living daylights out of me and makes me sad that we are even voting on this.  My only solace to this is that if the amendment passes, I'm willing to bet the ACLU and other organizations will immediately appeal to the supreme court on the basis that this state constitutional amendment is in direct violation of the 14th amendment of the US constitution - and since it was conservative justices that ruled in favor of gay marriages to begin with, I feel they would win at the highest court.

Does this also sadden you?  That I believe that gays should have equal rights and equal protections under the law?  Gay rights are no different than racial, ethnic, or gender rights.  I refuse to be convinced by right winged circular logic and complete lies, be it about Obama, marriage, or any other issue.

Tell me option, who did you vote for president, and what are their qualifications.  Did you vote for Bob Barr?  He of the strict anti-abortion stance?  He is no more libertarian than George Bush.  He is a right-winged conservative who, while is for states rights, is personally against gay marriage.  What other third party candidates are qualified?  Chuck Baldwin?  Also wants to invade your doctor's office and ban all abortions.

I could also run circles around arguments about anyone in terms of certain policies.  Obama will promote infrastructure, alternative energy, health care reform, and a more fair tax code.  Is he perfect?  Hell no.  But no candidate is.  He also has refused to be a politician of hate.  Has there been any ads of gruesome Iraq veterans and bloody scenes from illegal wars?  Is he inciting violent tonality and behavior at his rallies, or through his surrogates?  When McCain and Palin and surrogates say "Obama should be more forthright about his associations..." what they are doing is linking him, McCarthy style, with bad apples... have you heard the Obama camp do this?  No, when he easily could have done a lot worse to McCain.  Here in Cali, the ads have been negative, but have struck closely on the issues.

And as much as I'm for Paul, and would like a 3-party system, it's hard to argue that the 2-party system is a failure.  We've lasted a couple hundred years with some pretty damn good outcomes to this point, it just so happens that somehow the American public is far more stupid than we think, and likes voting for folksy/downhome types, and hence we end up with situations where we need a http://www.sorryeverybody.com type website to apologize to the world for voting the travesty that is our current president.

So please, tell me where I'm wrong, and why I'm "better than that," and don't just give me some kind of personal attack without any factual evidence to back up why I'm such a dumbass for voting for a major party candidate.

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement