Top 10 Undeserving 5 Star Caps Picks
10) (FEED) What have you done for me lately? After spiking well above $10.00 a share in 2008, it has since crashed and stayed in the duldroms of $2.XX.
This is the company that mislead its shareholders about the health of its business before announcing that it needed to issue more shares to cover their losses...... Losses stemming from Beijing Hosting the Olympics, cause Chinese People ate significantly less fresh Pork. The Frozen Pork imports also cut into their business significantly.
Now AgFeed wants to get into the Frozen Pork business? What does that say about the strength of its fresh Pork business?
9) (VDSI) Vasco Data Securities was a stock a lot of people gave big GREEN THUMBs in expectation of President Obama Style Handouts in the form of the FEDs spending CASH for digitizing Hospital Records... Many thought Vasco Data Securities was ready to provide this line of business... Not to mention the HYPE over the Federal Government's need for increased Data Security that was played and played and over played in the Lame Stream Media.
Can you say..........................................................WRONG!
Yet only 7 ALL STARS are brave enough to red thumb this one.
8) (SDTH) Down but not quite out.... None the less.. This one's ShengDa Blech.....
7) (RIG) If I told you investing in RIG on February 2nd 2009 will net you a lagging of 34.16% against the S&P 500 would you put your hard earned cash into this pick?
Apparently an awful lot of CAPS All Stars would!
6) (JNJ) They don't make Baby Showers like they used too..... Just ask this stock lagging the S&P 500 by over 27% since 10/27/08.
5) (ATVI) Ever since the merger, Bobby Kotick worked some magic by turning Activision Blizzard, a sure fire success story, into a gaming company despised by.....uhm.....video gamers... Just write a post in the forums on www.gamespot.com with a subject line of "I love Bobby Kotick what about you?" and see how far that gets you.
Since 10/06/08 the stock sits lagging the S&P 500 over 18% and leaving investors empty handed during the week of the Starcraft 2 launch. That sorta happens when you throw out the 2 founders of "Call of Duty" just after trashing the founding company behind Guitar Hero. What will ATVI do for an encore? Create a "Kill Spiderman" game just for kicks?
4) (BP) A 5 star stock.....before the oil spill that is....Good Job All Stars! Now they have bailed out on the stock after it has already bottomed and is on the rise......Good Job All Stars!
3) (CRNT) A notorious Israel disappointer in the Tech Sector is also notorious for being a 5 star caps pick for uhm.....as long as I've been investing.... As high as $13+ beginning of 2010 and now it sits around $7.XX. And yet it remains a 5 star caps pick.
I guess All Stars are DIE HARD when share prices FALL HARD
2) (CHK) Pains me to put this one here.... Chesapeak had a long history of nice share price growth in its past..... But this is a "What have you done for me lately world" and we have ourselves a
stock sitting $1.49 above its 52-week low with a 1.2% dividend yield. Mediocrity laughs at CHK and the All Stars still giving it a 5 Star Caps Pick Rating.
1) The #1 Worst Stock that All Stars are giving a 5 Star Caps Pick Score too?????
The name of that stock will be revealed soon!!!
But first... Let's get to the *CORE* of the matter!
This hideous stock does not have a single All Star red thumbing the stock.... Not 1..... In fact....21 All Stars just can't get enough of this stock..... Only 4 Caps Players PERIOD are brave enough to red thumb the stock.
This one is a massive stinker of a stock and All Stars are dropping the ball.... I guess when it comes to CEMENTING *hint* *hint* a bad opinion.....All Stars on www.fool.com are professionals at it.
The #1 bad stock...... is......... (GENC) <--------- 5 Star Caps Pick scraping along the bottom with massive Revenue Losses.