Top 5 Silver Investments to hold through the cycle
5) The fifth choice is often hard to pick as it is usually the most compeptitive. Normally I would say Fortuna and am infact sticking with that pick for the time being, Great Panther is a close second. I have talked to many indivudals who have the opportunity to visit the flagship operation - The San Jose mine. I have heard nothing but great things said about this mine from the infrastructure to the very helpful staff ready to answer and questions one may have. One Point of concern, which I also share with Great Panther are the medium & long term growth production profiles.
4) Silvercorp - I have recently posted a blog regarding the supposed allegations, which have turned to be nothing more than a poor hack job but were previously defended by myself and the likes of Sinchy and others.
3) First Majestic - Another attractive primary silver producer with 3 mines currently in operation, with 2 more scheduled to comeonline in 2012 and 2013. This includes what will be its largest producing asset in Del Toro - my personal forecast is for 7m-8m oz annually after it is fully optimized.
2) Alexco has been a long time favorite, but the price action so far means there is a lot of room for this company to run up 3-4-5+ fold. Although its only currently operating asset in the Bellekeno Mine- sceduled to produce anywhere from 2.7m-3m oz Ag in 2012 excluding bi-products. In late 2012 Lucky Queen and Onek should start shippiing ore and commence commercial productions sometime in 2013, vastly growing its production growth profile to between 5-5.5m oz with significant Zinc byproduct credits from Onek.
1) Silver Wheaton - I have always considered SLW my favorite silver company and word on the street is SLW will soon acquire a 25% stake in Corani for between 300-340m for the right to recieve 25% of all silver produced, which more or less equates to approx 4m oz. I;m Sure SLW is looking at something such as the Montanore projects from Mines mgmt to buy a stream in, to the tune of 2.5m-3m. This is my own personal outlook and how they will go about achieving a 50m oz streaming company.