Update on The Volume Story...
Are you familiar with The Volume Story?
If you are not, you better turn up that volume and listen very, very carefully.
Here is why:
Since The Volume Story was posted back at the end of September of 2009, the portfolio of the 10 stocks listed in that post is up 43.5% (if same amount of money invested in each stock).
Once again: 43.5%. In a little over 6 months. 43.5%.
And don’t forget: When The Volume Story was posted back at the end of September, easy money was already made (some experts even said market was ready to crash again).
But that's not all. Did you know that every single stock of those ten stocks is having a positive return? Every single one. If you know anything about stocks and investing, you probably know very well how hard it is to pick 10 stocks and have every single one yield a positive return. It’s not easy, let me tell you. I at least know that much.
Let’s now take a quick look at the individual returns for each of the Volume Story stocks:
1. GCI $17.25 (today’s price) $9.38 (price when Volume Story was posted) Return: 83.9%
2. TCK $46.00 (now) $26.00 (then) Return: 76.9%
3. CENX $15.43 $9.46 Return: 63.1%
4. GNW $18.71 $11.87 Return: 57.6%
5. FITB $13.87 $9.59 Return: 44.6%
6. HWD $11.08 $8.09 Return: 37.0%
7. LVS $23.25 $17.60 Return: 32.1%
8. CNO $6.30 $5.04 Return: 25.0%
9. BPOP $3.04 $2.75 Return: 10.6%
10. GTN $2.50 $2.38 Return: 5.0%
Not too bad, don’t you think?
And that’s not all, either.
What I find most amazing is that less than a month ago, I posted “Is the Volume Story trying to tell us something” in which I said BPOP is a buy for people looking for easy 30% gain. And guess what? BPOP is up 30% since then (in less than a month).
So, do you believe in The Volume Story now? Please let me know if you don't.
Good Luck Everybody!