[Update1] Investing Disrupt - Investing for Ten Baggers, Hidden Gems, Buried Treasures...in 2010 and Beyond
Investing Disrupt - Investing in 2010 and beyond, where all knowledge about all publicly-held companies is instantly available to [everyone], of which, serious investors/traders/analysts/CIO's / quants each have access to and simply [must] deploy surgically precise twitter / facebook / LinkedIn... filters...+ exhaustive, mind-numbing financial/competitive analysis/due diligence...technical analysis (accumulation/distribution) ) ad infinitum 24x7x365 (ie investment decisions must include/consider all fundamentals, all technicals, all social media trends, global/local economic analysis, competitive strategies/advantages, disruptive technologies...), all, in addition to
"...Bright, but not bright enough, Sherlock. Roll the dice and play Monopoly.
What box is Sir Larry gonna land on in Erie, Pennsylvania?
Jesus Christ! He's buying Anacott Steel.
OK. When the market opens tomorrow, I want you to buy 1500 July 50 calls..." - Gekko to Bud Fox, Wall Street
...fast forward to 2010...where one's ear must perpetually be to the ground, jacked into the data sea...listening for tremors/disruptions in the [market/company] force...anomalies...
"...(October 2010) Congtributing Editor, Kiplinger, James K. Glassman issues BUY recommendation on Geeknet (GKNT) in article entitled 6 Rules for Investing in Internet Stocks and 8 Promising Picks ?!#%
This one folks came from outer space...and comes from Kiplinger's...front cover, October 2010. What did they know no other non-insider knew?
Another roll of the dice - Geeknet's September 15th 8-K filing -
Changes in Registrant’s Certifying Accountant. (a) Dismissal of Independent Accountant Previously Engaged as Principal Accountant - On September 14, 2010, the Audit Committee (the “Audit Committee ” ) of the Board of Directors of Geeknet, Inc. (“Geeknet”) dismissed Stonefield Josephson, Inc. (“SJ”) as its independent registered public accounting firm effective September 14, 2010 (b) Engagement of New Independent Accountant as Principal Accountant. On September 15, 2010, the Audit Committee engaged KPMG LLP (“KPMG”) as its new independent registered public accounting firm...". Another tremor in the GKNT force.
These are two of the more conspicuous disruptions/illogical aberrations within all known knowledge of Geeknet as documented on this blog over the past 32 months to suggest something is up...not to mention ten years of GKNT consolidation. - chaosUnplugged, Investing Disrupt
chaosUnplugged, #1 Score Leader Red Hat and Citrix, Motley Fool.
1. (October 28, 2010) Business Insider. 10 Unusual Stocks Attracting Huge Interest In The Pre-Market Right Now.
2. (October 02, 2010) [Update3] Geeknet Disrupt - 9/30 GKNT 52/133 Week High: In Perspective - 31 Months Ago 13D Hedge Fund Shareholder Put Pressure On Geeknet (GKNT) Board Demanding to Unlock Value.
3. (September 17, 2010) [Update1] A Ten-bagger Predictive Model? or Geeknet (GKNT) Files SEC Form 8-K...KPMG in...Stonefield Josephson out. Geeknet off diapers...into big boy pants. Kenneth Langone is Kicking A$$ and Taking Names.
Note: Two disruptions in the force re: Geeknet (GKNT) to keep your eye on...Serious disclosure failure at Geek.net and SourceForge.net - Freshmeat.net - Slashdot.org status.
1. (October 16, 2010) [Update2] Geeknet (GKNT) Announces Sale of Ohloh.net to Black Duck Software. What's Next for SourceForge.net and Slashdot.org? (Incl. comments 1-2).
2. (October 03, 2010) What is Going Down @Geeknet (GKNT)? Imminent SourceForge.netDivestiture? Github Acquisition? Who is Geeknet's Mark Zuckerberg? (Incl. comments 1-4).
3. (September 09, 2010) Questions any Geeknet (GKNT) non-insider and former employee/officer/Director shareholder should be asking. (Incl. comment 2).
4. (September 04, 2010) Geeknet (GKNT) Non-insider shareholder AMBER Alert. (Incl. comments 1-2)
5. (September 04, 2010) [Update3] Is the End (Private/Acquisition) of Geeknet (GKNT) Imminent? What is Langone's Endgame? Kenneth Langone Delivers on Promise* of Geeknet (GKNT) SourceForge Layoffs...R&D Spending Down 36.8%. (Incl. comments 1-2).
6. (July 28, 2010) Is Geeknet (LNUX)s SourceForge Following Slashdot's Foot(Mis)steps? (Incl. comments 1-3).
7. (February 20, 2010) What/When are the Minds Behind ohloh.net Doing to Turn Geeknet (LNUX)s World Class Open Source Assets Into Something Extraordinary...into a Viral Loop? (Incl. comments 1-3).