Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

Varchild2008 (84.64)

URBN: Terrorist Outfitters at Urban Outfitters. Why invest in Terrorism?

Recs

2

May 20, 2008 – Comments (7) | RELATED TICKERS: URBN

Littlegreenfootballs (a conservative, Supporter of Israel, Opposer of Terrorists and Terrorism and Terrorism Sympathizers) is a blog that has produced numerous stories on a  company called: Urban Outfitters.

Urban Outfitters is located in a nearby Mall where I am situated.  It is startling then to realize that my business trip has put me so close to a store that promotes Terrorism.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Urban_Outfitters_Glorifies_Terrorism

URBN has been promoted by Jim Cramer on Mad Money for quite sometime.  The share price has soared since January this year.

Interesting that Jim Cramer never mentioned the Symbol of Palestinian Terrorism that is the Kaffiyeh, worn around the neck, is a major item sold by URBN under a false name.

URBN (Urban Outfitters) at one time called it a "Peace Scarf" when it is infact a symbol of Palestinian militant, terrorism and aggression.  It by no means is a Peace Scarf.

I almost invested in Urban Outfitters....*yikes*  I simply forgot about the Little Green Footballs news stories on this company.  The latest example is in the above link.

They are selling a T-Shirt that promotes Child Abuse and Anti-Israel propaganda with Children holding Guns.

If you invest in Urban Outfitters..... Did you do so without knowing what kind of products and what kind of company  URBN actually is?

Well...Now that I have removed the mask thanks to LGF's Charles, is it a Sell, Hold, or Buy for you?

Personally, I'd sell off any stock I have that is stock from a terror supporting, terror promoting, child abuse promoting, anti-Israel, as this URBN is.

7 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On May 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM, DarkToast (75.03) wrote:

Is this comedy?

You would invest, or not, based on something you read in LGF?

I wouldn't invest in any business in the discretionary consumer sector right now, but for completely different reasons. 

Report this comment
#2) On May 21, 2008 at 3:38 AM, vicpicks (< 20) wrote:

Urban Outfitters removed the scarf from their catalog back in Jan. 2007.

Report this comment
#3) On May 21, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Varchild2008 (84.64) wrote:

That T-Shirt is far worse imho. It's not a scarf, it's a Kaffiyeh.  Great that they removed it but look at the Child Abuse T-Shirt.

DarkToast:   Got any reason why I should not trust LGF other than it doesn't fit with your ideological bias?

Countless liberals bash LGF and laugh at LGF and yet fail to provide any evidence that LGF is lying or misleading in their news reports.  I've yet to see any evidence or proof of anything that would discredit LGF.
 
LGF is famous for exposing the DAN RATHER fraud documents on President Bush's national guard duty.

LGF is famous for exposing CAIR as a terrorist sympahizer organization and co-conspirator to the Hamas Funding Scandal.

LGF is famous for exposing photoshopped and staged scenes in AP/REUTERS during the Israeli - Lebanon war.

LGF doesn't post lies.... They post the truth.  I've seen Charles post corrections whenever he learns new information about what he is investigating.

But pictures are a thousand words and that T-Shirt ain't no lie.
Pretty much trumps the heck out of the Kaffiyeh. 

If LGF wasn't to be trusted on the URBN story then why after several months / years has LGF not even once been proven wrong in any of its articles on this company?

Besides....Like I said.... I am located near an URBAN Outfitters and I plan to go into the store and see the truth for myself.

 

Report this comment
#4) On May 21, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Varchild2008 (84.64) wrote:

That T-Shirt is far worse imho. It's not a scarf, it's a Kaffiyeh.  Great that they removed it but look at the Child Abuse T-Shirt.

DarkToast:   Got any reason why I should not trust LGF other than it doesn't fit with your ideological bias?

Countless liberals bash LGF and laugh at LGF and yet fail to provide any evidence that LGF is lying or misleading in their news reports.  I've yet to see any evidence or proof of anything that would discredit LGF.
 
LGF is famous for exposing the DAN RATHER fraud documents on President Bush's national guard duty.

LGF is famous for exposing CAIR as a terrorist sympahizer organization and co-conspirator to the Hamas Funding Scandal.

LGF is famous for exposing photoshopped and staged scenes in AP/REUTERS during the Israeli - Lebanon war.

LGF doesn't post lies.... They post the truth.  I've seen Charles post corrections whenever he learns new information about what he is investigating.

But pictures are a thousand words and that T-Shirt ain't no lie.
Pretty much trumps the heck out of the Kaffiyeh. 

If LGF wasn't to be trusted on the URBN story then why after several months / years has LGF not even once been proven wrong in any of its articles on this company?

Besides....Like I said.... I am located near an URBAN Outfitters and I plan to go into the store and see the truth for myself.

 

Report this comment
#5) On May 21, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Varchild2008 (84.64) wrote:

If you financially support Terrorist Sympathizing Companies for profit then that is your call DARK TOAST.

But don't even think to pretend you can FOOL yourself or others by playing the DENIAL and WHO CARES game.

I think Israeli's getting killed by missile strikes in SDEROT care.

Report this comment
#6) On May 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM, DarkToast (75.03) wrote:

Varchild2008 -

 It isn't so much my ideology that would keep me from investing based on LGF. I wouldn't make invest decisions based on Daily Kos either. Or advice from Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olberman.

 When I am reading political commentary and someone refers to 'rethuglicans' or 'demonrats' I can't take them seriously.

When an authors bias colors what they write so strongly that they use derogatory language to describe those who don't agree with them, you can not trust what they say.

Any post or article that contains 'sheeple' or 'treehugger' or 'warmonger' and increasingly 'terrorist' or any of a number of other emotional trigger words can not be judged to be full of accurate facts.

 Like your last post, it is an appeal to emotions with no facts.

Like I said, I wouldn't invest in a discretionary consumer company right now, no matter what their perceived idealogical bent was.

 This isn't to say that I don't try to follow a moral investing path. I won't buy stocks IRL that primarily profit from war. I wouldn't buy any of the correctional facility stocks. Even though I own some natural resource stocks I try to pick companies with a good track record of stewardship, like well bonded miners.

No need to call me names or insinuate I am some sort of antisemite because I question your choice of investment information.

If Israelis are getting killed by missiles, I strongly doubt they are supplied, funded, built, or fired by Urban Outfitters.

Report this comment
#7) On March 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM, urbnanthony (< 20) wrote:

Hello, I disagree with you whole heartedly about Urban Outfitters.  The fact of the matter is that I have the copyright and trade rights to the name urbn.  I promoted my company on the street level across the country for years and the total campaign lasted seven years.  

During this time, I ended up homeless.  A black man with a two master's degrees from a white institution of higher learning.  They wouldn't hire me on wall street or main street for my ideas.

Then, when my campaign of marketing the name 'urbn' worked, Urban Outfitters stole it.

They have no idea what it means.  I doubt they care.  They certainly don't care on any moral levels.  Stealing is stealing, and getting an attorney is besides the point.  People at that company are producing offspring.  What do they raise their kids to be?  lawless people with money.

My name is urbn anthony and the first publication of the word 'urbn' appears in my book, and I defined it, and it doesn't mean urban outfitters, so yes ...they can do many criminal things...

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement